The Big Wrestling Thread!

I'm seeing a lot of talk of people placing accumulator bets on WrestleMania. :p Just looked at one on William Hill based on my predictions: Cena, Del Rio, Punk, HHH, Ryback, Ziggler/Big E, Shield, Miz, Fandango, and Tons of Funk. That would win ?101.25 from a ?1 bet. Not too confident on Punk, Ziggler/Big E, and Shield though, so all I've done is used my free ?10 bet on Miz over on Skybet. That one's pretty much a dead cert, and will win me the princely sum of ?3.33! :laugh: At least it'd actually be money for nothing; it can be put aside for Extreme Rules.

Think thats a stock image from the last time he held the title.

Oh damn, you're right... http://www.gettyimages.com.au/detail/news-photo/the-miz-visits-extra-at-the-grove-on-october-4-2012-in-los-news-photo/153395997

According to a source within WWE, CM Punk will indeed be taking some time off from WWE following WrestleMania 29.

The reason why Punk is taking time off has been rumored for several weeks now, with reports claiming he is either injured, frustrated with WWE creative, or is burnt out after a rigorous schedule in 2012/2013.

While one or more of the above reasons could be true, WZ has been told that the creative team currently doesn't have anyone in mind to put Punk against after WrestleMania, so the decision was made to give him some time off so he can rest up.

Punk is still being advertised for the WWE tour in The UK following WrestleMania, however WZ was told those advertisements have been running in The UK for quite sometime now, and are likely outdated. It is possible, like in The Undertaker's case, that Punk could be given time off and still make a special appearance during The UK tour.

According to a source within WWE, the entire Rock/John Cena segment at WrestleMania 29, including any video packages, their match entrances and the match itself, is scheduled to go approximately 50 minutes.

Additionally, WZ was told that the creative team initially pitched an 8 man double ladder match for WrestleMania, which would have seen both the U.S. and Intercontinental Titles on the line (one man could win both, or two separately), however Vince McMahon nixed the idea as he is reportedly not a big Antonio Cesaro fan.

540124_532325523473173_1044828043_n.png

I don't.

His last two promos were very heelish.

His HOF montage for Make a Wish was booed last night so it could happen!

His HOF montage for Make a Wish was booed last night so it could happen!

Which is bull****. You shouldn't be booing him for being a good guy. Most people (not only WWE, but all celebrities/rich people) don't do jack ****.

• Like 2

Which is bull****. You shouldn't be booing him for being a good guy. Most people (not only WWE, but all celebrities/rich people) don't do jack ****.

Too f***ing right. From what I've read,

Maria Menounos and Donald Trump were booed as well. Now, Donald being booed, I fully support; hell, I'd have heckled the Scotland-destroying c**t if I was there. But Maria? She didn't deserve that. When I read up about her, I found out she actually is a big wrestling fan; her appearances weren't just for publicity. Hell, she even managed to wrestle at WrestleMania last year with two broken ribs!

And Maria and Backlund are legitimate friends. They should have booed Arnold too, since he and Sammartino are friends as well.

My predictions for tonight:

Rock vs Cena

Triple H vs Brock Lesnar

Del Rio vs Swagger

Orton, Sheamus, & Show vs The Shield

Barrett vs Miz

Ryback vs Mark Henry

Hell No vs Team AJ

Jericho vs Fandango

Tons of Funk + chicks vs Rhodes Scholars + chicks

My predictions:

Wade Barrett vs. The Miz (I hope The Miz regains the title. Maybe then Barrett can move on to something bigger, but I doubt it.)

Tons of Funk/Funkadactyls vs. Rhodes Scholars/Bella Twins (Nobody really cares about this, but I hope Sandow is not wasted any longer.)

Ryback vs. Mark Henry (Ryback will finally hit his finisher on Mark Henry and redeem himself from the internet fans, lol.)

Hell No vs. Team AJ (I just cannot see Hell No winning legitimately over them. Plus, I do believe they are both going back to single competition.)

Randy Orton/Sheamus/Big Show vs. The Shield (Randy Orton heel turn, causing them to lose?)

Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger (I really, truly hope Del Rio retains. I cannot stand anything about Swagger.)

Chris Jericho vs. Fandango (Everybody is predicting Fandango to win since this is his debut match and competitors usually win on their debut matches if it is on a large scale such as this one. However, for some reason I see Jericho winning.)

Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar (Triple H I assume will win. I honestly doubt any HBK appearance in this match. Probably a good, clean win.)

The Rock vs. John Cena (As annoying as Cena is, I think this is the only logical option. I also do not believe he will turn heel, despite recent promos. They sell to much Cena merchandise to justify it.)

Undertaker vs. CM Punk (I have become less and less interested in Undertaker in the past few years. He has slowed down and aged quite a bit. I do think he will win. Not much else to say, really.)

^ I think Ryback will fail at his finisher, but still win the match. Henry is one awkward guy to pick up for that move.

I want Swagger to win, but he won't.

HBK already said he's going to get involved.

I don't know how I missed UT/Punk. I got Taker. If Bearer hadn't died, I think Punk was going to take it.

^ I think Ryback will fail at his finisher, but still win the match. Henry is one awkward guy to pick up for that move.

I want Swagger to win, but he won't.

HBK already said he's going to get involved.

I don't know how I missed UT/Punk. I got Taker. If Bearer hadn't died, I think Punk was going to take it.

Oh, had no clue HBK said that. Interesting. What is the stipulation on that match again? No Holds Barred?

I probably won't have the patience to watch most matches, lol.