The Big Wrestling Thread!

4 hours ago, MightyJordan said:

...well, Survivor Series sure was something. @TDT, let's hear from you!

If you're talking about Goldberg and Lesnar, I clearly didn't see that coming. I mean not the way it did, because I expected Goldberg to win, it would've been his only reason to come back. But man, I did NOT expect that. I loved it, don't care how "believable" it was or not, or if it made sense or not, I got the see Goldberg EXACTLY like he was back in the day, explosive, dominant and raw. In this squash match, he didn't look old at all!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, TDT said:

If you're talking about Goldberg and Lesnar, I clearly didn't see that coming. I mean not the way it did, because I expected Goldberg to win, it would've been his only reason to come back. But man, I did NOT expect that. I loved it, don't care how "believable" it was or not, or if it made sense or not, I got the see Goldberg EXACTLY like he was back in the day, explosive, dominant and raw. In this squash match, he didn't look old at all!

Yeah, pretty safe to say no one saw that coming. God knows why they did it, though, besides the shock value.

4 hours ago, MightyJordan said:

Yeah, pretty safe to say no one saw that coming. God knows why they did it, though, besides the shock value.

Well I'm pretty sure that Goldberg will still be around for some time, this wasn't his "last". Somehow I'm thinking they'll use him to set up a new feud for Lesnar. Maybe they'll get Lesnar a rematch and have him loose again, but this time because of someone else. Goldberg goes out, glory untouched, and Lesnar gets a new victim. Everyone's happy.

40 minutes ago, TDT said:

Well I'm pretty sure that Goldberg will still be around for some time, this wasn't his "last". Somehow I'm thinking they'll use him to set up a new feud for Lesnar. Maybe they'll get Lesnar a rematch and have him loose again, but this time because of someone else. Goldberg goes out, glory untouched, and Lesnar gets a new victim. Everyone's happy.

Everyone, except for, you know, all the people that Brock has destroyed in the last 3+ years.

7 minutes ago, episode said:

Everyone, except for, you know, all the people that Brock has destroyed in the last 3+ years.

Well as you know things change pretty drastically in wrestling. If we were to keep a record of every outcome ever, a lot won't make sense. But I learned that in this business it's not about logic, or common sense, it's about what most people want and what's (I can't believe I'm typing this) best for business. Goldberg, after all these years, is still a cash cow and the crowd is hyped when he's out. That's why I'm almost 100% positive he'll be around for a while and he will bring a lot of value to WWE, even if for a short time. I've said this many times, the nostalgia factor AND, in Goldberg's case, the character that he is gets people pumped up like crazy, and this IS good for business. You can say whatever you want about the guy, but he is THE most badass guy in WWE at this moment. You cannot learn or train for this, you either have it or not, and what he lacks in in-ring skills he greatly compensates in speech and attitude.

About Lesnar, well, he is a "destroyer" because WWE needed one, but his character would be nothing without Heyman. To this day, I still believe that he wasn't meant to end Taker's streak, they just let it happen because Taker was so out of it in that match and they didn't want a total disaster. I may be wrong, but who knows?

On 11/21/2016 at 7:25 PM, MightyJordan said:

How about it now, Jordan? :) As I thought, he's still around, at LEAST till Royal Rumble. I love this. And clearly WWE loves this as well, since Goldberg is a cash cow, as expected.