The Big Wrestling Thread!

I see you're trawling through the meme pages on Facebook... ;)

Strangely no, I found those on Reddit lol

114.png

Hector Garza who became one of the biggest lucha libre crossover stars of the late 90?s died today at the age of 43 just 17 days short of his 44th birthday due to complications from lung cancer which has been battling since last year. More on this in tomorrow?s lucha report but a very sad day in the world of wrestling.

According to SuperLuchas.net, WWE has officially signed top independent wrestler Samuray Del Sol, and he is expected to report to NXT in the very near future.

This news comes off the heels of reports that other top indy talents, including Mike Bennett, Shaun Ricker and Sami Callihan, are currently undergoing medical evaluations to eventually sign WWE deals.

Blimey, looks like WWE is starting to clear out the indies. Maybe they should revive the cruiserweight division (and title) to compete with TNA's X Division, then go to Mexico and scout out more luchadores (if they can't give Sin Cara a great match, then there's no hope for him :p ).

WWE will have all the top Indy talents soon, ROH will survive but I think others may start to suffer

WWE will have all the top Indy talents soon, ROH will survive but I think others may start to suffer

Yeah, there's a few ROH wrestlers that I reckon WWE won't dare touch, like the Briscoe Brothers, Kevin Steen, Truth Martini, and maybe MsChif.

Yeah, there's a few ROH wrestlers that I reckon WWE won't dare touch, like the Briscoe Brothers, Kevin Steen, Truth Martini, and maybe MsChif.

I would though love to see Briscoe's in WWE and Steen but their attitude and persona is not PG

I would though love to see Briscoe's in WWE and Steen but their attitude and persona is not PG

Exactly why I reckon WWE will stay away from them.

Tweets of the night...

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

Slammiversary XI is this weekend. Here's the card...

"The Icon" Sting vs. Bully Ray © for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship - No Holds Barred - If Sting loses, he will never compete for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship again.

Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez © vs. "Bad Influence" Christopher Daniels & Kazarian vs. Austin Aries & Bobby Roode vs. "The Cowboy" James Storm & Gunner for the TNA Tag Team Championship.

Devon © vs. Joseph Park for the TNA Television Championship.

Kenny King © vs. Chris Sabin vs. Suicide for the TNA X-Division Championship - Ultimate X match.

Kurt Angle vs. AJ Styles

Taryn Terrell vs. Gail Kim - Last Knockout Standing match.

Jay Bradley vs. Sam Shaw - Final match of the "Gut Check", winner gets a spot in the 2013 Bound for Glory Series.

Has any of the big promotions ever done a Last Woman Standing match before? I see a couple of indy promotions (if Dory Funk's promotion is to be believed, the first ever one was only last year), but nothing from the major leagues, and not even over in Japan.

World Heavyweight Champion Dolph Ziggler is being advertised for this week's live events shows. Furthermore, Ziggler is being advertised for Raw on Monday night, as well as the WWE Smackdown tapings on Tuesday. Ziggler has been out for about 2 weeks with a concussion.