The Big Wrestling Thread!

John Cena appeared on Neil Cavuto's morning show on FOX Business today, and discussed a number of topics including his new clothing line, and the value of the John Cena brand. The following are interview quotes:

On his new K-Mart clothing line for kids:

"Essentially, the message of the clothing is to empower you through a positive messageI think that's why we were able to leverage our brand (WWE), my brand especially with Kmart, because it wasn't just a typical sponsor deal. A lot of athletes get a sponsorship ? 'here's your upfront money, we're going to use your likeness.' I wanted to hold on to my asset, do it correctly, and create an inspirational line. So, it's not a 'wrestling-driven' line. The line is called 'Never Give Up,' and truly my character on WWE plays one of aspiration, inspiration, and motivation. I try to defy all odds and do what I can to do the right thing."

"Kmart picked up on this concept. And, from a branding standpoint, I just didn't outright leverage myself; I wanted a piece and equity in the brand. So, there was upfront money, plus equity in the brand."

Cena added that his character generates approximately $100 million in revenue for WWE per year.

...so, if any of you are still dreaming of a John Cena heel turn, forget about it.

Doesn't he also hold a certain 'edge' with his brand because that's his real name? I remember that James Hellwig, a.k.a The Ultimate Warrior, had to legally change his name to Warrior in order to keep using it in his appearances because the WWE owned 'it'.

Hello,

He said DISRESPECT. Reigns slapped Sucksterio and said 'You came all the way back for this? To get _ _ _ _ ed out?' It was either JOBBED or DOGGED. Sounded to me like jobbed, but Meltzer was saying it was dogged. Major no-no either way to use a 'wrestling' term in the ring like that.

I was talking about the end of the match: It was actually JBL that said "respect" I think at the end of the match but that might terrible announcing as usual.

The DB "kidnapping" looks interesting. Make him a Wyatt :shiftyninja:

The Kane "kidnapping" looked intresting too and look where that ended up.

Hello,

AJ Lee said the truth: There is no diva even comparable to her. More divas = more ###### entertainment (that cant even be called wrestling). I mean, why the ###### did we have to see a rematch of the divas match?

Hello,

AJ Lee said the truth: There is no diva even comparable to her. More divas = more ****ty entertainment (that cant even be called wrestling). I mean, why the **** did we have to see a rematch of the divas match?

Natalya?

Speaking of which...

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

The latest kayfabe Triple H interview is now online. Below are highlights:

• He addresses Daniel Bryan?s abduction by The Wyatt Family and CM Punk?s accusation of Triple H controlling The Wyatt Family and The Shield. Triple H denies any involvement with The Wyatts and says ?unlike the Internet geeks,? he doesn?t hang onto every word CM Punk says, because he was busy ?making the biggest match in WWE history.?
  • In response to Michael Cole?s question about his conversation with John Cena at Survivor Series, Triple H says he speaks with his talent every day and the content of those conversations is private. 
  • He also says the goal of the John Cena vs. Randy Orton match at WWE TLC is to have one undisputed champion. 
  • He says there is no need for two champions now that the brand extension is over, and wants one champion to represent the company going into the new year.

http://www.wwe.com/videos/playlists/triple-h-exclusive-interviews-with-michael-cole