The Big Wrestling Thread!

:rofl:

Damn, I completely missed that one. Just went back and found it in the promo video for the TV Title match...

"That Ring of Honor world championship that you're talking about? There's been twenty other men who've had that in past history. I will not have hand-me-downs from guys like Samoa Joe. I will not have hand-me-downs from guys like Bryan Danielson. I will not have hand-me-downs from guys like CM Punk, although they have no problem taking my hand-me-downs."

So sayeth the greatest first-generation wrestler.

This just hit me. I know it maybe "out there", but then again we're talking about wrestling, so everything could happen.

This thing with Sting and HHH really bugs me. I'm gonna assume from the start that the winner in that match will be Sting, because if it's HHH, everything I say doesn't matter. So how much do we know about Sting's involvement in WWE? Most of the people assume that it's a one match deal (plus few appearances leading up to that match, obviously), but what if it's not? What if he has one match and then he goes on in another role? It obviously worked for Booker T.

Now, we've seen the things between Sting and HHH so far, all about Sting's legacy (WCW) vs. HHH's "baby", WWE, so its clear that they're building this match as another WCW vs. WWE thing, sort of a closure if you will. But what if this is just the beginning? What if, and I know it sounds crazy, after that match they're bringing WCW back, witch Sting on charge? Obviously, as a brand, maybe replacing Smackdown. I thought about this a lot, it actually makes sense. Shane would be the obvious choice, maybe an angle of him being back and start a "war" with his father by using the WCW brand, but I don't think he'll come back. So that leaves Sting. The man is clearly at the end of his in-ring career, but that doesn't mean he can't still be involved in the business. And the WCW brand would bring a lot of new audience, a lot of new merchandise, etc., so it would be a profitable business decision. They don't use it anyway, so they have nothing to loose. There are superstars from WCW's roster that can rise this thing sky high, even if they don't wrestle anymore (Booker T, Goldberg, the Steiners, etc.).

Anyway, enough  with the rant. The much better thing would obviously be if Vince would sell all WCW rights to someone else and (hopefully) get REAL competition, but that's clearly not gonna happen in this lifetime. But I believe an angle like this would really spice things up, if done right. What do you guys think?

This just hit me. I know it maybe "out there", but then again we're talking about wrestling, so everything could happen.

This thing with Sting and HHH really bugs me. I'm gonna assume from the start that the winner in that match will be Sting, because if it's HHH, everything I say doesn't matter. So how much do we know about Sting's involvement in WWE? Most of the people assume that it's a one match deal (plus few appearances leading up to that match, obviously), but what if it's not? What if he has one match and then he goes on in another role? It obviously worked for Booker T.

Now, we've seen the things between Sting and HHH so far, all about Sting's legacy (WCW) vs. HHH's "baby", WWE, so its clear that they're building this match as another WCW vs. WWE thing, sort of a closure if you will. But what if this is just the beginning? What if, and I know it sounds crazy, after that match they're bringing WCW back, witch Sting on charge? Obviously, as a brand, maybe replacing Smackdown. I thought about this a lot, it actually makes sense. Shane would be the obvious choice, maybe an angle of him being back and start a "war" with his father by using the WCW brand, but I don't think he'll come back. So that leaves Sting. The man is clearly at the end of his in-ring career, but that doesn't mean he can't still be involved in the business. And the WCW brand would bring a lot of new audience, a lot of new merchandise, etc., so it would be a profitable business decision. They don't use it anyway, so they have nothing to loose. There are superstars from WCW's roster that can rise this thing sky high, even if they don't wrestle anymore (Booker T, Goldberg, the Steiners, etc.).

Anyway, enough  with the rant. The much better thing would obviously be if Vince would sell all WCW rights to someone else and (hopefully) get REAL competition, but that's clearly not gonna happen in this lifetime. But I believe an angle like this would really spice things up, if done right. What do you guys think?

Never gonna happen. They tried it already with ECW and that bombed badly... The current product of WWE is here to stay, as much as the Internet may hate current creative, it sells out arenas and makes millions in merchandise. Until another billionnaire creates a new promotion with an open chequebook, the WWE is in no need and no fear of changing what works for them currently. Regardless of what the Internet fans think!

Another anonymous story's emerged on Reddit (the mods of r/SquaredCircle say they've verified the source)... http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2y5iiv/bill_demott_and_sexual_harassment_coverup/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

First, please understand that it is of the utmost importance that I maintain my anonymity, and hopefully by the end of this you will understand why. I have told some of my story to a reporter, but it seems that unfortunately they were yet another outlet who has been told not to touch this story. Please bear with me as I've never used reddit before.

To be honest, I

At the end of my 12 year relationship, there were a lot of things about work that made it hard to want to get on those planes. But on the night that we didn't renew my contract- I left the building and they told me the door was always open. I chose to walk the opposite direction and move on. I left out the negativity in my heart and wrote a positive goodbye and was on my way into the next chapter. The company sent me footage and I put together a reel featuring much of that footage since that's where I was, almost daily for over a decade. My reel was out there and maybe I'd go where the wind blew, but today they pulled that reel off of YouTube. Despite countless hours of their copyrighted YouTube footage uploaded by others, my 5 min reel of my work is pulled. Maybe their legal department isn't busy enough? #BeA?

A photo posted by Justin Roberts (@justinroberts) on Mar 6, 2015 at 5:27pm PST

At the end of my 12 year relationship, there were a lot of things about work that made it hard to want to get on those planes. But on the night that we didn't renew my contract- I left the building and they told me the door was always open. I chose to walk the opposite direction and move on. I left out the negativity in my heart and wrote a positive goodbye and was on my way into the next chapter.

The company sent me footage and I put together a reel featuring much of that footage since that's where I was, almost daily for over a decade. My reel was out there and maybe I'd go where the wind blew, but today they pulled that reel off of YouTube. Despite countless hours of their copyrighted YouTube footage uploaded by others, my 5 min reel of my work is pulled. Maybe their legal department isn't busy enough? #BeA