The Big Wrestling Thread!

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Jack Evans and Angelico did an interview recently with Planeta Deporte in Spain and said they were approached by WWE officials twice regarding NXT deals, however the two wrestlers said they would be remaining with Lucha Underground as long as its around.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/654083-2-top-indy-names-turn-down-wwe-offer-update-on-john-cena-and-brock-lesnars-status-for-raw-cena-comments-on-nxt

• Like 1

Breaking News: Mr. McMahon will return to Raw this Monday, WWE.com has learned.

After being Superman Punched by WWE World Heavyweight Champion Roman Reigns two weeks ago, it’s safe to assume that The Chairman will have a lot on his mind.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2015-12-28/five-point-preview-28409262

9 hours ago, MightyJordan said:

Yeah, I expected WWE would basically give the Rock all the money on Earth to come in for this one. WWE is in deep doo doo ratings wise, so they gotta do something. Even if it's super short term to boost things. Either way, glad to see the Rock back again. Always fun and amazing when he is involved.

9 hours ago, MightyJordan said:

ICW's finally uploaded the glorious end to last month's Fear & Loathing VIII...

...it's yersel!

I've only heard of ICW because of a UK based wrestling show I watch on Youtube. But god damn that was freaking fun to watch. Brought back those old WWF/E and ECW days (and WCW) when crowds just went insane and stuff. Never heard of this Grado guy, but that entire video I had a smile on my face especially with Foley there and he gave him his flannel! :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LOC said:

I've only heard of ICW because of a UK based wrestling show I watch on Youtube. But god damn that was freaking fun to watch. Brought back those old WWF/E and ECW days (and WCW) when crowds just went insane and stuff. Never heard of this Grado guy, but that entire video I had a smile on my face especially with Foley there and he gave him his flannel! :)

It's definitely worth watching ICW Fear & Loathing VIII if you get the chance, even if it's just to hear Foley drop an F-bomb :laugh:; that was the show that turned me into an ICW fan. It was their biggest show to date in front of 4,000 at the SECC, and they're going even bigger next year; Fear & Loathing IX's being held at the Hydro, so it could go up to 13,000 (they don't even need to half-fill it to beat TNA's attendance there, which was still a pretty good show when they taped there at the beginning of the year). They've now restarted their weekly show - Friday Night Fight Club - so it's easier to keep up with them; it goes up on their on-demand service, and they make each episode free to everyone for the first 24 hours.

Grado, I didn't really care for at first. I heard of him last year after a few wrestling meme pages I follow kept posting about him and his catchphrase, but mostly ignored it all, until I saw the entrance...

I was stunned when I first saw that; I was wondering how the hell does he get hundreds of Scottish hardcore wrestling fans to sing along to Madonna? :omg: He's just that charismatic; he's obviously never gonna have any 5* matches in his career, but bloody hell, is he entertaining, and that's what really matters in the end.

It's also worth watching the two documentaries BBC did on ICW...

...as well as the documentary VICE did on British wrestling, which mostly focuses on Grado and ICW, but does also touch a little bit on other parts of the scene (including my local promotion, Plymouth Wrestling Alliance)...

1 hour ago, MightyJordan said:

It's definitely worth watching ICW Fear & Loathing VIII if you get the chance, even if it's just to hear Foley drop an F-bomb :laugh:; that was the show that turned me into an ICW fan. It was their biggest show to date in front of 4,000 at the SECC, and they're going even bigger next year; Fear & Loathing IX's being held at the Hydro, so it could go up to 13,000 (they don't even need to half-fill it to beat TNA's attendance there, which was still a pretty good show when they taped there at the beginning of the year). They've now restarted their weekly show - Friday Night Fight Club - so it's easier to keep up with them; it goes up on their on-demand service, and they make each episode free to everyone for the first 24 hours.

Grado, I didn't really care for at first. I heard of him last year after a few wrestling meme pages I follow kept posting about him and his catchphrase, but mostly ignored it all, until I saw the entrance...

I was stunned when I first saw that; I was wondering how the hell does he get hundreds of Scottish hardcore wrestling fans to sing along to Madonna? :omg: He's just that charismatic; he's obviously never gonna have any 5* matches in his career, but bloody hell, is he entertaining, and that's what really matters in the end.

HOLY SH!T!!  THAT was AWESOME!!  I have tears in my eyes from laughing at that awesome entrance.  Gotta look in to that now!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jamwheat said:

HOLY SH!T!!  THAT was AWESOME!!  I have tears in my eyes from laughing at that awesome entrance.  Gotta look in to that now!

It works just as well on a grander scale, too.

Wow, I had no idea the BBC even did stuff on wrestling anymore. I thought it was all confined to Sky and the BBC's internet stuff these days. Awesome. Gonna watch those docs now.

Also, haven't watched any of his matches yet (Grado) but if he ever decides to go to the US and the WWE picks him up, he's never EVER going to be able to use Madonna to come to the ring lol CM Punk was one thing, Madonna is way higher up the money chain for music licensing I think :D (But yes that Goldberg morphing into Like a Prayer thing was pretty damn awesome)

Edited by LOC

3 hours ago, LOC said:

Wow, I had no idea the BBC even did stuff on wrestling anymore. I thought it was all confined to Sky and the BBC's internet stuff these days. Awesome. Gonna watch those docs now.

Also, haven't watched any of his matches yet (Grado) but if he ever decides to go to the US and the WWE picks him up, he's never EVER going to be able to use Madonna to come to the ring lol CM Punk was one thing, Madonna is way higher up the money chain for music licensing I think :D (But yes that Goldberg morphing into Like a Prayer thing was pretty damn awesome)

Sadly, that's the only wrestling-related material BBC has done recently; Sky Sports and Challenge are still the only channels here in the UK to watch wrestling, showing WWE and TNA, respectively (plus Wrestletalk TV and BWC British Wrestling Roundup on Challenge). ICW did used to be on TV across Europe on some obscure channel called My Channel, but got banned by Ofcom after a cockup by the channel (and then I found out from watching their Insane in the Membrane show recently that they preceded to take the ###### by creating a Right to Censor-like stable called the Official Community :p).

He's been there and done that already with TNA. They did use "Like a Prayer" for his entrance live at the Impact Wrestling taping at the Hydro in Glasgow back in January, apparently TNA managed to negotiate the rights to use it on TV, but then it was "denied on behalf of Madonna" two days before it was due to air, so Grado started a social media campaign to convince Madonna to allow TNA to use it on TV, obviously nothing happened, and TNA ended up dubbing over a different theme for the TV airing. Weirdly, though, there were no problems with him using it in the British Boot Camp 2 final...

Seeing as you liked the "Gradoberg" theme, here's the guy who did it (with a download link, minus most of Madonna's bit, but someone on YouTube did hack together a full version).