Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Discussion Thread

I'm not even sure if I'm going to try Big Boss Extreme. I'm going to try to get everything and for the Big Boss Stuff I'm going to search for a save file on the internet lol :p

Zomg Naughty!

Though there is one thing I've noticed, once you completed the game you get a Password function in extras, and I remember hearing or reading somewhere that Konami were going to let people unlock the harder stuff through other means at a later stage, but don't hold me to it, that's what I figure the password section is for.

Clocked it now, damn was it good :happy: starting my second play through now. One thing that really got me was when your at Shadow Moses and after you defeat Screaming Wolf and go inside, Octocon calls you up asking you too put in disk 2 and I was thinking disk 2?!? I thought I was missing a disk then he said he forgot it was on the PS3 and didn't need multiple disks...that got me good :p Also I thought it was quite funny when Psycho Mantis tries to read about your history or whatever it was, but couldn't cause there was no memory card :p this game is just awesome :happy:

Zomg Naughty!

Though there is one thing I've noticed, once you completed the game you get a Password function in extras, and I remember hearing or reading somewhere that Konami were going to let people unlock the harder stuff through other means at a later stage, but don't hold me to it, that's what I figure the password section is for.

Right now there are 4 passwords you can enter. I don't know if you knew this. Got the passwords from here

"Desperate Chase" iPod song: Enter "THOMAS" as a password.

"Gekko" iPod song: Enter "GEORGE" as a password.

"Midnight Shadow" iPod song: Enter "THEODORE" as a password.

"Mobs Alive" iPod song: Enter "ABRAHAM" as a password.

I hope we get that because I don't think I'm going to try the The Boss Extreme stuff :p

I recognise all of those names, they're the patriots, or at least 4 of them. Are they also the names of the A.I.'s the system uses or is it worth trying the other 8?

I recognise all of those names, they're the patriots, or at least 4 of them. Are they also the names of the A.I.'s the system uses or is it worth trying the other 8?

there also the names of US Presidents. George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln

But everybody knew that right?

Anyone notice Naomi and her very well done CG breasts? :rofl:

I just beat Act 2 or 3 (I forgot). :cool: The Raiden vs Vamp fight scene is awesome!

The only downside is I wish I knew the history about whats going on, like Vamp, I have no idea what or who he is, but clearly Snake has history with him. Same with Liquid. I need to do some reading!

I know this was already mentioned before, I learned about it in this thread, but just to reinforce it, I have to say out of everything I have read or watched about this history, the Gametrailers Retrospective really was the most helpful and entertaining.

Depending on your connection, it should take about 90-120 Minutes to watch them all. I just downloaded them from the site myself.

I know this was already mentioned before, I learned about it in this thread, but just to reinforce it, I have to say out of everything I have read or watched about this history, the Gametrailers Retrospective really was the most helpful and entertaining.

Depending on your connection, it should take about 90-120 Minutes to watch them all. I just downloaded them from the site myself.

Anyone notice Naomi and her very well done CG breasts? :rofl:

Yeah. Cannot help but notice them.

Call rose and shake the DS3 Larry :p

ps. Part Six of that retrospective was helpful! Clued me up on a few things even I had forgotten about/was unsure of.

Edited by Audioboxer

Just started act 4. Oh my god the beginning dream sequence was trippy, loving the old skool gfx. All the references were pretty cool. And after the boss battle the quip about the discs slayed me!

Right now there are 4 passwords you can enter. I don't know if you knew this. Got the passwords from here

"Desperate Chase" iPod song: Enter "THOMAS" as a password.

"Gekko" iPod song: Enter "GEORGE" as a password.

"Midnight Shadow" iPod song: Enter "THEODORE" as a password.

"Mobs Alive" iPod song: Enter "ABRAHAM" as a password.

I hope we get that because I don't think I'm going to try the The Boss Extreme stuff :p

Yea I had read about those, but I'm sure we can expect some bigger things in the future than what those provide.

Well I hope so at least, and maybe more than what is unlocked, maybe some things only accessible through the password option, time will tell. :D

My final game statistics...

Big Boss Hard

Total Play Time				   24:27:40
Continues						   88
Alert Phases						235
Kills									697
Recovery Items Used		   144
Weapon Types Procured	   40 (14,700 DP)
Flashbacks Watched			 92 (8,450 DP)
Special Items Used			  Not Used (25,000 DP)

"Eagle" - Headshot Emblem

I'm still crying after the end scenes they were very emotional and sophisticated.

For anyone looking for all the cut scenes for the first 3 games to get a grip of the story, the torrent can be found in the following thread:

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...amp;p=589145369

P.S. I started seeding again for all you guys.

Thanks! I just beat the Raging Ravan, man these graphics designers know how to design some hot looking chicks... I though Noami was fine, wait till you see Ravan unleash that booty. :rofl:

I personally thought Laughing Octopus was the most attractive of the BnBs.

Lyndall02.jpg

Lyndall01.jpg

Lyndall03.jpg

Lyndall04.jpg

The others,

Yumi02.jpg

Yumi03.jpg

Yumi04.jpg

Mieko01.jpg

Mieko02.jpg

Scarlett03.jpg

Scarlett04.jpg

Maybe it's cause I'm Asian (Chinese) but I thought Raging Beauty (pictures 5 & 6 in Audioboxer's post) was the best looking. :p

Maybe it's cause I'm Asian (Chinese) but I thought Raging Beauty (pictures 5 & 6 in Audioboxer's post) was the best looking. :p

Hey, I'll put it this way, if any of them entered my room right now I'd be undressed quicker than it took me to unbox and put MGS4 into my PS3 the day I got it.

I'm actually not that fond of Screaming Beauty and Crying Beauty to be honest.

Comparing the in game renders of those characters and the real life photos, the in game renders look a lot better.

Laughing Beauty and Raging Beauty still my favourite though :)

Shhh they were in MGS4.

That alone makes them worthwhile regardless of your taste in women :p

I mean, if I were gay, I'd be going after Kojima, but the next best thing is one of the ladies involved in MGS4 :laugh: I wish Naomi was modelled after someone - She's a looker!

A little bit like Naomi,

monicabellucci10.jpg

monica-bellucci.jpg

Hahaha, I have to agree. :p

I wonder what the FROGS look like underneath their mask....

Shhh they were in MGS4.

That alone makes them worthwhile regardless of your taste in women :p

I mean, if I were gay, I'd be going after Kojima, but the next best thing is one of the ladies involved in MGS4 :laugh: I wish Naomi was modelled after someone - She's a looker!

A little bit like Naomi,

http://www.film.it/fnts/fastweb/gallerie/m...abellucci10.jpg

http://www.jessicaloddo.com/wp-content/upl...ca-bellucci.jpg

Monica Belluci is Naomi Hunter? That is why Naomi is a hottie in the game hehe.

From the BB Corps, Laughing Octopus and Raging Raven are the best looking.

Edit - Posted Twice

Some more impressions after getting a bit further...

Just got to the first part where you meet Raiden.

The whole vehicle sequence was Epic. I totally was not expecting something like that and it was so well executed it was not even funny. I am not sure why, but I was just under the impression the entire game would be played from the same perspective and overall execution. I love the fact they switched it up, and not only that, it was done amazingly.

This game is going up my list fast as a bullet. It is now among my Top 5 games ever played, and honestly, it has every chance of possibly being the best game overall I have ever played.

I need to say the following after saying a statement like that...

I am someone who does not need a good story in order to enjoy a game. In fact, I more often than not skip cut scenes to get right to the action. I have always been this way, and maybe it is because for more of my gaming like than not, story was always the worst part about games. Obviously in the past century that has changed, but as a result of never caring much about the story, I can just enjoy a well made game for gameplay.

Do not get me wrong, if a story is good it incredibly helps the experience, GTA IV is the most notable recent example I can use, my point is just story is not imperative to me enjoying myself, but this game has changed my mind on how I care about story. A huge reason for this is I know Metal Gear has always been renowned for their cut scenes, and holy ****, that is because the game has the most unbelievably tight cut scenes ever. The fact these cut scenes are actually done with the game engine makes them that much more insane.

Truly, the production value of the entire game on whole is quite frankly unmatched. The detail to attention is just great, and the sound is impeccable. I am not sure why, but this game is one of the only games that is reported by my receiver as Dolby Digital. A lot of games are just reported as another type of Dolby, not Digital, and it truly shows (well to be technical it sounds.)

Not sure what else to say except that I want to play again as soon as possible. LOL

I have to admit, months and months ago I quietly was really starting to question if I even needed a PS3. I honestly never doubted it as a BluRay player, and no matter what would have been satisfied with it just for that purpose, but about 6 months ago I was definitely worried about the gaming side of things. That has obviously changed with the most recent news and progression with further titles, but honestly if I never find another game I will enjoy on the PS3 (even though I know I now will), gettng a PS3 was worth it just for this game, that is how good overall I truly think it is.

Just got done with Act 2 and I am loving it. This is a masterpiece for the ages and I do not see anything topping this game in the near future.

A lot of why this game is so awesome is not because of the game play, but because the character dialogue within the cutscenes are so deep. If you listen to a lot of what the characters say, you'll notice that a certain characters personality or whatever really shines in the cutscenes.

This is especially true if you have played the first three games, where not only do you see a character's personality shine, but you also get to experience the learning process the the characters go through from games 1 - 3.

Just look at Otacon as a prime example.