• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Neowin Digital Gallery

Prince Charming    163

2306888623_f983eeea50.jpg?v=0

2306891989_b15c09fa09.jpg?v=0

2307702376_5ab8eb5150.jpg?v=0

2307699422_4e16504e4f.jpg?v=0

2306894837_8a15a4825f.jpg?v=0

2293377709_577f2cf210.jpg?v=0

Someone just got a new 50mm F1.8 II lens. :shiftyninja:

crazzy88ss    65

Im lovin those clouds, pandya.

Tantawi    174
2e74ce54ccb0a2b5.jpg

crazzy88ss    65

crazy beak!

Bubbabyte    14

Same Old Same Old :p

2308322839_a941b3a5ea.jpg

2308322429_954fafa36a.jpg

2309127312_b138dd3bfe.jpg

2308321931_3a6f146107.jpg

anyone here with a 50mm f1.8 find that in some pictures it seems like it the focus point is in the middle, regardless of where you want the focus point. Maybe i'm just not understanding something with it but it really seems like a lot of my pics the middle will be in focus regardless of where i choose my focus point.

Draconian Guppy    13,037
All shot on a medium format 6x4.5 Bronica ETRS. Neopan 400 pushed two stops.

A little too contrasty, but I daren't expect anything else from Neopan.

The last shot is of a deaf man communicating the best way he can to people who don't know sign language. If you wanna know more about composition, lighting and the reasoning behind the shot. Just ask.

Well... I know this is going to sound clich?... All those fancy names and what not, forgive my ignorance:pp But I would like to hear it from someone on neowin... Why film:pp ? Would it really be that hard to get it done on a full frame dSLR and then somehow postprocess (aye... this will probably get me hanged around here by some films lovers:pp ) ?

Also, the last shot is way to dark, however, this would be a lighting and composition question:pp so, is that what you aimed for?

Forgive my gibberish...

giga    45

Film resolution is pretty high--especially medium format and higher.

crazzy88ss    65

There's still a few things film can do that digital can't. However, I'm not familiar with them, as they're way above my skill set.

Aperture    0
Well... I know this is going to sound clich?... All those fancy names and what not, forgive my ignorance:pp But I would like to hear it from someone on neowin... Why film:pp ? Would it really be that hard to get it done on a full frame dSLR and then somehow postprocess (aye... this will probably get me hanged around here by some films lovers:pp ) ?

Also, the last shot is way to dark, however, this would be a lighting and composition question:pp so, is that what you aimed for?

Forgive my gibberish...

They're all very dark. I'm testing currently which film pushes best to suit my open ended documentary brief set in my bA Hons photography. I'll go into more detail soon, but I've gotta hit the darkroom for a good few hours!

Film is lush:DD and a medium format digital back is going to set me back about 20 thousand USD for one of the cheaper ones

saxondale.    15

Where are you studying .mac?

Aperture    0

I'm studying at UCLan, saxondale.

The reason they're dark is due to me using a low ISO film. The shoot I'm doing is about the demise of public houses, and finding a high-iso medium format film is practically a waste of time.

Pushing the film is shooting it at a higher ISO than its configured to do so, and over developing the film to try and balance it. I'm currently trying different dev chemicals, and I'm soon going to be trying stand development.

Stand development usually lasts around an hour dev time without agitation.

As regards to your comment, maudit. I choose my medium format camera for a multitude of reasons, one primarily being that the brief set to actually attain my degree sets out that I MUST shoot film in order to show skill development in that area.

Another reason is because the tones and ability to control grain, and enlarge the negative to any size I wish. A full frame dSLR has a limit, pixels. Negatives have no limit.

The last shot is dark for a few reasons. I wanted to portray the feeling of insecurity and lonliness the man feels every day in that pub. He's deaf, he can't communicate with people, because they're too ignorant to learn sign language. He's restricted to over affluent acting, a pen and paper. Don't forget, a picture isn't about clean lines, perfect composition, good exposures and nice colours.

But don't let me lead you to believe I hate digital, I love it. I shoot it a lot, I much prefer digital over film. But when it concerns fine art prints, and having my own control over my negs, film for the win :)

Jordan Green    2

2310395529_875ab65f2b.jpg

2310399755_6f07b162c4.jpg

o0moonman0o    54

new and old and new edits

2311101643_bf2fa9fb95_o.jpg

2311121523_035c6458c1_o.jpg

2311139721_c0919c61eb_o.jpg

Jordan Green    2
One of your best Jordan :)

Thank you Michael :)

Twisted.Raven    0
carolina_moon_rise.jpg

crazzy88ss    65
giga    45

That is gorgeous mdg.

crazy: you are lucky for having such nice scenery. :p nice shots.

crazzy88ss    65

Thanks! Come July, or so, everything turns an ugly brown and the average temperature is like 95 :'(

Dane    176
Thanks! Come July, or so, everything turns an ugly brown and the average temperature is like 95 :'(

Aww come on now! That weather is the best! When I can go out at 10pm and sweat instantly thats summer! haha.

crazzy88ss    65

Ya you got the humidity that we don't have in CA, luckily.

Dane    176
Ya you got the humidity that we don't have in CA, luckily.

I like the humidity at times, other time it sucks! Nice pictures though!

o0moonman0o    54

2313324639_50e0350951.jpg?v=0

2313360439_0aa84c1fb7.jpg?v=0

2313393575_55261d461b.jpg?v=0

2314591430_d72371078c.jpg?v=0