UFC 85 Thread

The last UFC sucked enough. I'm eager for the Penn vs. Sherk fight plus the undercard. Now that is value plus fun. Who the hell is Rashad anyways? :p

so i'm guessing digipoi is a noob to UFC??

being that you thought the last UFC sucked.. which it clearly did not and was the biggest UFC event ever. And you have no idea who Rashad Evans is? I would suggest watching alot more UFC or MMA..lol

so i'm guessing digipoi is a noob to UFC??

being that you thought the last UFC sucked.. which it clearly did not and was the biggest UFC event ever. And you have no idea who Rashad Evans is? I would suggest watching alot more UFC or MMA..lol

A noob to UFC would not have UFC 1 ~ 20 on VHS tapes hence the :p emoticon.

In case I need to spell it our further, I just don't care for Rashad.

The last UFC was not the biggest event ever just because it was the first time held in Canada with a Canadian whooping on an American with just so happening, you! are from Canada. The undercard sucked and was predictable. noob, lol. You guys are young.

The last UFC was not the biggest event ever just because it was the first time held in Canada with a Canadian whooping on an American with just so happening, you! are from Canada. The undercard sucked and was predictable. noob, lol. You guys are young.

the undercard was pretty good, how was the franklin fight not good? or the danzig fight? all you care about is the big names. Who cares if the undercards aren't big names look at the fights themselves. last UFC was the best one i have seen in a while. It completely destroyed the boxing fight that happened that night too (and was good cause the old man lost, best moment ever was when roy jones kicked his ass). This UFC may not have big names but i still bet it'll have some good fights so i will be watching it for sure.

So, from an originally planned Chuck Liddell vs. Mauricio Rua, we now have Rashad Evans vs. James Irvin (Still not confirmed on the UFC website though)

Either way, what a joke of a PPV it has become now!

get your facts together jackass, ufc 83 WAS the biggest UFC event ever. I never claimed it was the best because i'm from canada, i simply said it was the biggest event in ufc history, which it was. Just because you have 20 ufc VHS you think that makes you somehow better? No, it just makes you stupid because the dvd's have been out for quite some time.

Also, i dont really care for Rashad either, but you acted as if you've never heard of him... but now that i know you own the first 20 UFC on VH ****ing S, i'll never question your knowledge again tough guy.

get your facts together jackass, ufc 83 WAS the biggest UFC event ever. I never claimed it was the best because i'm from canada, i simply said it was the biggest event in ufc history, which it was. Just because you have 20 ufc VHS you think that makes you somehow better? No, it just makes you stupid because the dvd's have been out for quite some time.

Also, i dont really care for Rashad either, but you acted as if you've never heard of him... but now that i know you own the first 20 UFC on VH ****ing S, i'll never question your knowledge again tough guy.

jackass? they were taped live because I been around that long. thats the only point I was trying to make. Remember you attacked me first because I didn't care for this card and made a joke about Rashad. Called me a noob when I been around MMA much longer than you have. Its not about who's **** was bigger to me because I encourage fans to the sport of boxing and MMA. I just so happened to think for the money value, its wasn't much worth it. When you have undercards with small names they normally do not sell well, see most of PPV boxing and its failures. MMA is still new and I do pray they do not follow into the pits of bureaucracy and corruption. See the Glen Johnson fight from two weeks ago.

It completely destroyed the boxing fight that happened that night too (and was good cause the old man lost, best moment ever was when roy jones kicked his ass).

Its actually fans like you thats ruining both sports constantly trying to compare the two. Ever since I expressed my following of Hopkins, you have taken a personal interest in trying to insult me. Why would you want to defend a man like Roy that fights dogs and chickens? The man can't fight for himself since stepping up to Johnson and twice to Tarver (real light heavyweight champs). Thats whats so irritating about the casual boxing fan that admires the big names of boxing, something you pinned on me with the MMA. You know the guys that still follow heavyweight boxing and the Mike Tyson circus. If you know nothing about boxing, you should keep it down to a dull roar. Otherwise show some class. Boxing needs it and MMA will soon enough.

BTW. For a man in Hopkins who was thrown in prematurely with Roy, he went the full distance in a close fight. Its was not an ass kicking had you ever seen the fight.

Edited by digipoi

Another Match Named...

ust hours after the organization announced a UFC 85 main event of Matt Hughes vs. Thiago Alves, the UFC also confirmed a main-card bout between Chris Leben (18-4 MMA, 8-3 UFC) and Michael Bisping (15-1 MMA, 5-1 UFC).

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) mentioned the possibility of the bout on Wednesday, and on Friday evening, the UFC made it official.

UFC 85, which also features a bout between former headliner Rashad Evans and James Irvin (a replacement for injured Chuck Liddell), takes place at the O2 Arena in London, England.

Bisping agreed to the bout less than a week after his UFC 83 main-card victory over Charles McCarthy. Bisping, the light heavyweight winner of "The Ultimate Fighter 3," made his middleweight debut with a first-round TKO at the event. McCarthy announced his retirement just days after the fight.

Bisping will now take on hard-hitting Leben, a product of the first season of "The Ultimate Fighter" who most recently TKO'd Alessio Sakara at UFC 82 in March. The 27-year-old, who began his UFC career with five straight victories, will now go for his third straight win after back-to-back losses to Jason MacDonald and Kalib Starnes.

With this week's flurry of UFC 85 transactions, a solid middleweight bout between Nate Marquardt and Thales Leites has now officially been relegated to the un-televised preliminary card.

UFC 85 is currently slated to air on pay per view.

The latest card now includes:

MAIN CARD (TELEVISED)

* Thiago Alves vs. Matt Hughes

* Michael Bisping vs. Chris Leben

* Marcus Davis vs. Mike Swick

* Rashad Evans vs. James Irvin

* Brandon Vera vs. Fabricio Werdum

PRELIMINARY CARD (NOT TELEVISED)

* Martin Kampmann vs. Jorge Rivera

* Thiago Tavares vs. Matt Wiman

* Thales Leites vs. Nate Marquardt

* Luiz Cane vs. Jason Lambert

* Roan Carneiro vs. Ryo Chonan

* Jess Liaudin vs. Paul Taylor

* Antoni Hardonk vs. Neil Wain

that card looks pretty good, seeing tavares would be sweet, hopefully they will show that fight after the main event if there is time and lambert is pretty good too.

Bisping v Leben could be good. I forsee a Bisping win though.

But if you read the other thread, you know what my choices did. :laugh:

Although I will say that I chose the fighters that I wanted to win, not the ones I thought would win.

I had a feeling they'd throw Bisping in there to strengthen up the card, especially seeing as it's in the UK. However, I still think it looks a poor event and possible low PPV buys.

• 2 weeks later...

This card is cursed! :p

Leben Out, Day In For Bisping at UFC 85

By Thomas Gerbasi

With legal issues preventing middleweight contender Chris Leben from being able to prepare sufficiently for a June 7th bout with Michael Bisping in London, England, Canada?s Jason ?Dooms? Day has stepped in to face ?The Count? in a featured bout on the UFC 85: Bedlam card at the O2 Arena.

"Obviously I was looking forward to the Leben fight but I guess it wasn't to be,? said Bisping. "You have to respect Jason Day for stepping in on even shorter notice than myself. I am looking forward to really putting on a great performance in London."

?I love this fight,? said Day. ?Everybody?s been asking me who would I like to fight next, and I said Bisping, but who would have thought it would have come about so quickly. He?s a great fighter, an exciting fighter, tough as nails, and everybody wants that marquee fight where you get the guy that tests you and you slug it out for two or three rounds. I think he?s a pretty good test for me.?

Leben turned himself in to Clackamas County officials in Oregon last week in response to a probation violation on a 2005 DUI conviction. Leben was in the process of completing the terms of his probation when he moved from Oregon to Hawaii last year. Attempts to complete these terms in Hawaii were unsuccessful, leading to Leben?s decision to voluntarily turn himself in. On Thursday, he was sentenced to 35 days in jail. With time served, Leben will be released in late May, not leaving sufficient time to prepare for the Bisping bout.

Enter Lethbridge, Alberta?s Day (17-5), who made a spectacular debut in the Octagon in April as he stopped highly-touted Alan Belcher in the first round at UFC 83.

"Jason Day looked bloody dangerous in his fight

ad

with Belcher and I think this fight has exactly the same potential as the Leben fight to be a real war,? said Bisping.

Now looking to put another notch in his belt, the 29-year old Day ? who also holds wins over UFC vets Jonathan Goulet, David Loiseau, and Ron Faircloth ? will try to stall the title ambitions of UK superstar Bisping (16-1), whose middleweight debut win over Charles McCarthy on the same UFC 83 card has gotten fans buzzing.

?If you take a look at me and Bisping, we?re both well-rounded fighters, both very well-conditioned, and we both have a reputation for being tough and durable,? said Day. ?So I think this has Fight of The Night written all over it, and maybe even Fight of The Year. I think it?s gonna be an awesome fight. I?ve got a lot of respect for him and it sounds like he?s not gonna take me lightly either.?

In the UFC 85 main event, welterweight legend Matt Hughes begins his run at an unprecedented third 170-pound title when he takes on Brazilian wrecking machine Thiago Alves. Tickets are on sale now.

Source - UFC.com

They should announce Randy vs Fedor as the main event for UFC 85 and then tell ever:laugh:ey couldn't agree contractual terms! :laugh:

I was only ever interested in Chuck vs Shogun! That main event seems an eternity ago now!

• 2 weeks later...

This card just gets more retarded as the days go by....

Hours after the organization announced that Luiz Cane (7-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC) would replace an injured James Irvin (14-4 MMA, 4-3 UFC) and fight Rashad Evans (11-0-1 MMA, 6-0-1 UFC) on June 7, the UFC announced that Evans has been pulled from the fight card all together.

Cane will now fight his originally scheduled opponent, Jason Lambert (23-7 MMA, 4-2 UFC), on the night's un-aired preliminary card.

UFC 85 has now been finalized with 11 bouts, and a preliminary middleweight fight between Nate Marquardt (26-7-2 MMA, 5-1 UFC) and Thales Leites (12-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) has been promoted to the televised main card of the pay-per-view-event.

So just so i understand this...

Chuck vs. Shogun

Chuck vs. Rashad

Rashad vs. James Irvin

Rashad vs. Luiz Cane

Lambert vs. Luiz Cane??? (that's our Chuck vs. Shogun replacement????)

Main Card

* Welterweight bout: Matt Hughes vs. Thiago Alves

* Middleweight bout: Michael Bisping vs. Jason Day

* Welterweight bout: Mike Swick vs. Marcus Davis

* Heavyweight bout: Fabricio Werdum vs. Brandon Vera

* Middleweight bout: Nathan Marquardt vs. Thales Leites

Preliminary Card

* Middleweight bout: Martin Kampmann vs.Jorge Rivera

* Lightweight bout: Matt Wiman vs. Thiago Tavares

* Light Heavyweight bout: Jason Lambert vs.Luis Cane

* Welterweight bout: Roan Carneiro vs. Flag of Japan Ryo Chonan

* Heavyweight bout: Antoni Hardonk vs. Neil Wain

* Welterweight bout: Paul Taylor vs. Jess Liaudin

Hughes has to be careful of Alves because he is an animal.