F1 World Championship 2008 Thread

It's on at 3am in the UK. Where ever you are and watching it, come and join in the F1. Dev and I mock Ferrari which anoys Mephistopheles . We also talk about what is going on!

It's on at 3am in the UK. Where ever you are and watching it, come and join in the F1. Dev and I mock Ferrari which anoys Mephistopheles . We also talk about what is going on!

Is that on the IRC?

Bah. First I miss the live broadcast because I fell asleep prematurely. Then I read the results, watched the re-run... and was rather gutted being a Ferrari fan.

Felipe Massa was driving like a bloody rookie. He had all winter to learn to drive without traction control etc, and the result? Total stuff up.

R?ikk?nen was unlucky. The one-stop strategy didn't pay off; he was caught off-guard by the second SC phase when he was about to pit; in the end the car let him down. The spin whilst trying to overtake Glock was a genuine driving mistake of his though.

Man of the race for me: Sebastian Bourdais. 4th with just two laps to go in a Toro Rosso, driving his first F1 race is spectacular. Shame that his Ferrari engine let him down. Then again considering that he won the ChampCar series four times in a row one shouldn't be surprised by his skills.

Congratulations to the McLaren team, they did a superb job. Kovalainen hitting the rev limiter on the main straight and letting Alonso overtake him counts as minor mistake... overall they look like they are the team to beat.

After today's race it's safe to say that we're in for a great season. The rule changes had a positive effect for once. No driving aids -> much more room for driver errors -> fewer processions.

Also it seems as if the teams' performances are much closer than in previous years. Sure, McLaren and Ferrari still have a slight edge; but behind them we have a tightly packed mid-field, contenders from which will be able to profit from blunders by the top teams.

Let's see what the Malaysian GP next week will bring. I can't wait!

Watched the race this afternoon and was not surprised by the many mistakes made due to the absence of traction control. Lewis Hamilton ran a clean race while the middle of the pack look like it could spring a few surprises this season. The crash between Coulthard and Massa was the icing to a miserable afternoon for both drivers.

I can't wait for next week because I'll be going again after my first visit in 2006 :laugh: !

Scirwode

Great race, I nearly wet myself laughing at coulthard saying "he should take responsiblity, if he doesn't Ill kick 3 bells of **** out of the little ******."

Glock's accident was quite a nasty one as well, he will need a change of overalls, along with Fisichella nearly rolling it into turn 1. What happened to Ferrari though? Massa acting like a rookie, and Raikkonen making 2 terrible mistakes.

If today's race was anything to show what the rest of 2008 is going to be like, then we are in for 1 hell of a season.

Coulthards comments where great,

Louise: "Did you know Massa was there?"

David: "Of course i did"

Ill not repeat what he said prior :D

Yep! Mc'rarry won hands down! since it consists of at least two teams experties all there is left is a bit of paint work to combine...

PS it's 2008 championship not 2007

What a crazy start to the season. Disappointed by the results (or lack of) by Ferrari.

What a let down for Sebastian Bourdais.

Congrats to Hamilton, Heidfeld, Rosberg.

I am not the only one who was impressed by how Barrachelo's Driving & Honda managed to keep in front of Kimi's Ferrari for such a long time?

Hamilton drove a flawless race, even with the Safety Car coming out twice, he was just so much faster than everyone else on the track.

I thought both Kimi and Massa showed how much difference the cars are without the Traction Control, with Massa's mistake at turn 1 at the start and twice Kimi made errors at turn 3.

I am all for the new rules with the Standard ECU & No Tracktion Control, it's going to be one hell of a season if todays race is what we have to go by.

Also, Glock's Crash was pretty smart :p I seriously thought Red Bull gave you wings, not a Toyota :)

Another great was the KISS concert after the race.

And the heat was nasty, I looked like a properly cooked red lobster by the time I came home.