F1 World Championship 2008 Thread

Why don't they make it so that race fuel is determined by what you start with in Q3 instead of what you finish with?

Just a thought.

That's what they did last year. What happened was that the drivers just went round burning off as much fuel as possible in order to make the car as light as possible to qualify with. They were credited back the amount of fuel they would have burned in the laps. Both boring and a waste of fuel.

I wonder Ferrari will fire Massa during the season or after. :D

since 2006 i dont like raikkonen anymore. and what happened in 2007 turned me away from alonso. (i never really liked hamilton).

and all 3 are quite arrogant. i really hope massa can win the title today. he would deserve it.

I think I'd support Raikkonen even if I wasn't a Finn. He's pretty unique creature in F1. Absolutely hates media and is horrible in front of the camera. Always brilliantly fast on the track but some times taking unnecessary/foolish risks.

FIA to tweak qualifying for Bahrain

McLaren's drivers during qualifying in MalaysiaThe FIA is to revise the rules for qualifying in time for the Bahrain Grand Prix in a bid to ensure there is no repeat of the controversy that marred the session in Malaysia, autosport.com has learned.

In Sepang, a quirk in the current regulations meant that several drivers were touring slowly back to the pits in a bid to conserve fuel while other drivers were on their final qualifying laps.

Source: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/66170

:yes: Good move. It was definitely not right to have all those cars going so slowly, regardless of position on the racing line. It was an accident waiting to happen - slow cars have to cross the line at corners and there is no guarantee that a fast car won't run wide off the line into a slow off-line car.

Formula One boss Max Mosley 'exposed as sadomasochist in Nazi orgy with five prostitutes'

Formula One motor racing chief Max Mosley has been embroiled in a sensational sex scandal after footage that reportedly shows him taking part in a Nazi-style sex orgy with up to five hookers surfaced.

A video reportedly shows Mosley - the son of British World War 2 fascist Sir Oswald Mosley, a friend of Adolf Hitler - giving orders in German as he lashes girls wearing mock death camp uniforms and is himself whipped until he bleeds.

The video shows him alternating between masochist and sadist, first obeying orders and then doling out punishment in German, and having sex with his "victims".

source

Mephistopheles told me about this earlier, I think it's safe to say we hope Max goes.

This may be the chance to now push Max out of the boat and let him sink.

I bet everyone in F1 is laughing, McLaren more so!

Yea, this is way too funny and weird. I'd like to see Mad Max to resign too.

But Bernie thinks otherwise:

Mr Ecclestone said that he was shocked by the allegations but did not expect Mr Mosley?s position to be affected. ?I?ve known him an awful long time. If somebody had told me this without the evidence I would have found it difficult to believe,? he said.

?Assuming it?s all true, what people do privately is up to them. I don?t honestly believe [it] affects the sport in any way. Knowing Max it might be all a bit of a joke. You know, it?s one of those things where he?s sort of taking the p***, rather than anything against Jewish people.?

The Times article.

That's what they did last year. What happened was that the drivers just went round burning off as much fuel as possible in order to make the car as light as possible to qualify with. They were credited back the amount of fuel they would have burned in the laps. Both boring and a waste of fuel.

You're right. I forgot they did that the last couple of years. Although I didn't find qualifiers particularly boring last season to be honest. Or maybe I don't find this year's Qer much more exciting. And to be honest, I'd rather have cars set their best laps than have them run into traffic and ruin their grid position

Not really.. a real Nazi connection would have been bad but sounds like it was just made up to make the story more shocking. If SM is your thing, that's not our business and shouldn't affect his professional life.

I hope the engine on Hamilton's car is fine, that crash during the second practice looked pretty hard.

It'll be a long night for the mechanics to get that car put back together. I believe that they can change the engine without a penalty (if they need to). Hopefully he'll be ok, because those sideways crashes can really tweak your neck.

The curb there has always been a bit nasty if you go slightly wide. The engine will likely be fine. What won't be is his setup, which often gets affected when they rebuild the car.

Ferrari's pace isn't surprising. They were quick here last year and were very quick in winter testing.

yeah, they can use as many engines as they want during FP1&2.. however, as far as I know they don't have backup cars anymore this season so it's going to be a long night for McLaren techs.