[Official] Grand Theft Auto IV

Alright, so the first thing I did when playing GTA was disabling autoaim - wuss feature :p

Now Ive turned it on and everything becomes so much easier - especially headshots

How do I enter freeaim once Ive locked on to a person? Im standing in the street, I want to pop tires but I cant because it keeps locking on to the civilian on the sidewalk :angry:

Only press the trigger in half way. Or don't be a wuss and shoot all the civilians so they won't lock on :devil:

On another note, I was watching the video online of the Xbox guys getting the helicopter under the bridge achievement. Was it me or did their map view show trophies on the bridges once they were completed? If so, how can I see that?

I've been playing it more often in the past few days and so far it's still quite fun. I like the storyline upto this point. I can see that its building up to the point where I have to knock-off Dwayne or Playboy X...

i don't get it... i'm at 27% and its showing no missions to goto at this point...

Only press the trigger in half way. Or don't be a wuss and shoot all the civilians so they won't lock on :devil:

On another note, I was watching the video online of the Xbox guys getting the helicopter under the bridge achievement. Was it me or did their map view show trophies on the bridges once they were completed? If so, how can I see that?

Ahh thanks - that worked

Got a link to that video?

I've been playing it more often in the past few days and so far it's still quite fun. I like the storyline upto this point. I can see that its building up to the point where I have to knock-off Dwayne or Playboy X...

i don't get it... i'm at 27% and its showing no missions to goto at this point...

You will get a call soon.

In the meantime, take use of no missions by doing some of the side missions such as the polices' or Little Jacob's.

It's rather awkward when ever you fly under a bridge they show up but you dont get them for flying under the bridge they just show you where the bridges are that you need to fly under. :huh:

I am so not getting the under 30 Achievement it is not even funny.

I have been playing for 19 hours now, and still not at 50% Progress. I just get sidetracked, like yesterday me insisting on doing the stunt jump from Alderney to Algonquin (which I finally did nail), and I also take the time to find the best way for each mission which means the path of least resistance, which means climbing a lot of buildings and such.

I should have been smart and put it on Free Roam or however it is worded, but I did not. For awhile I was dead set on beating the game without dying, then I actually looked at the achievements and saw there was no such Achievement, so last night is the first night I actually died in the game (usually I would just go back and reload the mission)

I also did not use Cabs the first 10 hours I was playing as I did not know about them and was trying to avoid all Internet reading of the game.

So all of the above combines for me not beating the game in under 30. I am so far away it is not even funny.

Some quick tips I personally learned on my own which I am sure all of you probably already know...

Anytime you need a Cop Car, go to where you meet the crooked cop McGreevey (it is a few blocks from the Comedy Club) or whatever their name is. Behind his office is a parked one. Done deal.

Right around the corner (if you walk out the building, make a right, then a quixk right, it will be on the next corner on the left) from the penthouse Roman gets in Algonquin is an exotic car dealership. Shoot out the windows (the cops will come), and drive off with one of the cars. They are all nice.

I am so not getting the under 30 Achievement it is not even funny.

I have been playing for 19 hours now, and still not at 50% Progress. I just get sidetracked, like yesterday me insisting on doing the stunt jump from Alderney to Algonquin (which I finally did nail), and I also take the time to find the best way for each mission which means the path of least resistance, which means climbing a lot of buildings and such.

I should have been smart and put it on Free Roam or however it is worded, but I did not. For awhile I was dead set on beating the game without dying, then I actually looked at the achievements and saw there was no such Achievement, so last night is the first night I actually died in the game (usually I would just go back and reload the mission)

I also did not use Cabs the first 10 hours I was playing as I did not know about them and was trying to avoid all Internet reading of the game.

So all of the above combines for me not beating the game in under 30. I am so far away it is not even funny.

I think you and I are in the same boat again. I enjoy getting side tracked and free roaming when a game is done this right. I have also done a lot of the side missions for achievements that also wasn't helping. :p

Pretty sure that I will be going through it again for that achievement (Liberty City Minute), but for now, the game just needs to be enjoyed. :D

For those near the penthouse save in Algonquin, go north and stop just as you hit the bridge. There will be a very small alley to your left with a nice body armor that I consistently pick up.

http://grandtheftauto.ign.com/maps/1/Liberty-City-Map <------ A great resource.

I think you and I are in the same boat again. I enjoy getting side tracked and free roaming when a game is done this right. I have also done a lot of the side missions for achievements that also wasn't helping. :p

Pretty sure that I will be going through it again for that achievement (Liberty City Minute), but for now, the game just needs to be enjoyed. :D

For those near the penthouse save in Algonquin, go north and stop just as you hit the bridge. There will be a very small alley to your left with a nice body armor that I consistently pick up.

http://grandtheftauto.ign.com/maps/1/Liberty-City-Map <------ A great resource.

It does really say a lot about the game itself, I can just spend hours not doing all that much except exploring, but now I am really dedicated to finally beating it (see below*).

And Nice. (Y) I needed a good armor location, I was always calling Jacob before every mission.

I knew about that map, and was trying to avoid it, but now I have caved in... * I need to beat this game before Metal Gear Solid comes out. LOL

It does really say a lot about the game itself, I can just spend hours not doing all that much except exploring, but now I am really dedicated to finally beating it (see below*).

And Nice. (Y) I needed a good armor location, I was always calling Jacob before every mission.

I knew about that map, and was trying to avoid it, but now I have caved in... * I need to beat this game before Metal Gear Solid comes out. LOL

That was really the same thing for me as well. I hate to use it (it feels like cheating), so I used it to find that one armor location and quit using it after that.

How many missions do you have left Dirty? Somebody said there was 90 some and I'm somewhere in the 80's so I might have you beat on this one. :p

Stupid Lure mission, I spent about an hour trying to get the garbage dumpsters to aligned so I could climb the railing and then figured all I had to do was enter the apartment complex using the front door.

Stupid Lure mission, I spent about an hour trying to get the garbage dumpsters to aligned so I could climb the railing and then figured all I had to do was enter the apartment complex using the front door.

Is that the one where you get to the top and snipe someone?

I remember there was a mission like that, and there were fire escape ladders leading up the side of the building, so I kept trying to jump about and get up using those. It was only about 5 retries later I realised I could walk through the front door (I swear I tried that at the start and nothing opened :hmmm: ) :laugh:

Any time I need a cop car I just call 911 :p

1 star is easy to lose

Oh no doubt I have done that too, it is just much easier to just take a cop car that is sitting there.

That was really the same thing for me as well. I hate to use it (it feels like cheating), so I used it to find that one armor location and quit using it after that.

How many missions do you have left Dirty? Somebody said there was 90 some and I'm somewhere in the 80's so I might have you beat on this one. :p

That is a nice map. I don't think I'll use it though - I just recently hung up the map you get with the game near my TV in case I need to find an area. I'm going to start a new game I think, and originally I was going to get the Liberty City Minute achievement for it, but even though my current save took me 32 hours, I don't feel like I did a whole heck of a lot of side-missions, so I probably won't go for that achievement anyhow and take even more time with the new game.

-Spenser

That is very weird :s

When I fly under a bridge is just says "X bridges left till achivement" or something

The trophies only appear on the map for a few seconds after flying underneath a bridge. So, you fly under, see the message that says "X Bridges Left Until Achievement," then hit "Start" and select "Map." Use your waypoint indicator to mark where you need to go. Piece of cake.

Woo hoo! Just finished the game and now I am trying to make my remaining friends happy with me (at least 90%). Does anybody know which specific people have to be 90% so I don't waste my time? If you have to include spoiler tags, please do.

Thanks!

That is very weird :s

When I fly under a bridge is just says "X bridges left till achivement" or something

There's 14 or 13 bridges you have to fly under. There the one's all on the major waterways (read: not inside parks) if the water under the bridge leads to the ocean it's it. Certain bridges you have to fly under a specific section. Another you have to hover 1 inch from water and 2 inches from the bottom of the bridge (easier than it sounds).

There's a total of 93 main story missions (or 94). Can't remember exactly what I finished with.

Woo hoo! Just finished the game and now I am trying to make my remaining friends happy with me (at least 90%). Does anybody know which specific people have to be 90% so I don't waste my time? If you have to include spoiler tags, please do.

Thanks!

For 100% you have to get Jacob, Brucie and Packie above a certain percentage (around 75% I think) and then you will unlock their abilities (guns, helicopter rides and bombs).

Just thought I would pop that in spoiler tags anyway...

I find it annoying how the abilities go away if you let your friends % drop. Is there some way to stop them calling you? I guess putting the phone on sleep mode would work...

For 100% you have to get Jacob, Brucie and Packie above a certain percentage (around 75% I think) and then you will unlock their abilities (guns, helicopter rides and bombs).

Just thought I would pop that in spoiler tags anyway...

I know that, I did near the start of the game without even knowing.

I'm talking about the achievement Liberty City (5).

I know that, I did near the start of the game without even knowing.

I'm talking about the achievement Liberty City (5).

Jacob, Bruice, Dwayne, Irish dude, Roman (if alive)