[Official] Grand Theft Auto IV

I am 110% sure it has been said already in this thread, but just so I do not have to fish through 100+pages, how many Story Missions are in the game again?

More specific I have currently done 70 missions, at 24.90 Hours, and I currently have done Bernies 1st Mission.

I am done with all of Gerry's missions, and I still have to meet Tommy at his first mission.

I also have the assassinations open (which I am ignoring for now as I know they do not continue the story), and I still have United Paper missions to do.

I may have one other person as an option (I am going off memory here, not in front of my 360), not sure.

Is there any particular person I should follow to make the main story end sooner???

Or am I going to have to do Tommy, Bernie, United Paper, and whomever else /whatever other missions come along??

Checking my stats, it says I completed 94 missions in the game and I made sure to try to visit everybody.

I'm not sure if you can really make it progress without doing them all, but I could be wrong. Either way, I'm not sure if you are going to make the Liberty City Minute Achievement if that is what you are going for.

Like you said though, the assassination ones don't matter (unless you are going for the achievement).

Do them all DL. Double Post are gay.

Roman, Little Jacob (not drug deliveries), Faustin (not vigilante/most watned) Bruice(not races), Manny/Elizabeth, Playboy X, Dwayne Forge, Francis McReary, UL Paper, Packie McReary, Ray Boccino, Gerry McReary, Derrick McReary, Bernie Crane, Phil Bell(not assassinations), Jimmy, Gambetti

Those are all the guys who give you missions you need to do do complete the Libery City Minute.

To get a 100% do this.

All missions from the above listed and the Procedural Mission's (races/drugs devliery/cars/etc.).

Deliver all 30 cars from text message.

All Unique Characters (number varies depending on who you killed/didn't kill during main story).

Beat computer/friend at all activites once.

Open all unique ablities and complete all activites.

Most Wanted, kill all 30 PED on list (part of Prodedural Missions').

Vigilante, complete 20 crimes (not in order or one sitting).

Find all 200 pigeons.

Complete all 50 stunt jumps.

Just to clarify Random Characters, Jeff, Clarence, Cherise, and Ivan do NOT affect 100%, so you can kill them or not, your choice. The following do though.

Bohan/Dukes/Broker

Brain(3), Badman, Mel, Ilyena Faustin

Algonquin

Marnie(2), Hossan, Sara(2), Clarence, Pathos(2)

Alderney

Gracie, Eddie(2)

The number means how many times you will meet them.

Edited by Slane

mystic, I already realize I am way past getting the under 30 hours achievement, I was just curious how many more missions I have to go.

Thanks for the info, and Slane, Thank You for the detailed information. (Y)

You got 5 hours to do 16 missions. If I recall correctly, some of those missions only take 5-10 minutes to do. You can still get the achievement, I think, if you buckle down to play as quickly as possible. Use a taxi to get to everywhere quick, don't go AFK(or AFC), and buckle down on missions. Save after every mission (the finale mission wehre giving me problems, I continous kept trying till i learned how then loaded my last save and one-shotted the mission without adding on those hours of tries) and you shall be able to get it. If you tell me the exact mission, I can look it up in my guide and give you the exact number, and how I would judge the difficult on a scale of 5?

i wouldn't rush it the first time, just save now and keep playing at your own pace, then later when you feel like rushing to get the achievement, load that game. really, the second time i rushed through to get the liberty city minute ach. but I really didn't enjoy it as much as the first time.

i wouldn't rush it the first time, just save now and keep playing at your own pace, then later when you feel like rushing to get the achievement, load that game. really, the second time i rushed through to get the liberty city minute ach. but I really didn't enjoy it as much as the first time.

That's exactly what I'm doing. Why rush it the first time and waste the immersion experience was the thinking I used.

How far would you say I am through the story if I'm doing missions for Playbox X, Dwayne n the Mcwhatever they're called.

I'm not trying for the minuter achievement, just wondering is all.

I think there are 94 missions in total, none of them take longer than 15 minutes to finish.

@Smashing Pumpkin, I'd say you're just under half way through.

@Smashing Pumpkin, I'd say you're just under half way through.

:( Seems like a little bit of a short ride, Most of my missions are still tutorials!

Thanks,

Richard.

:( Seems like a little bit of a short ride, Most of my missions are still tutorials!

Yup, I think ever mission explained something till, until you got to the later ones. I was annoyed about that, but meh, easy enough to ignore, especially if you figured your own way to do it.

Phill Bell is an idiot. :laugh: The mission Catch A Wave, I could have done easily on my own, thanks to his dumbass I had to do it 7 times.

I finally figured out to go around the back of the boat yard and let him stay in the front and take out everyone inside so his dumbass would not just walk forward. Once I did that it was cake.

Oh also, to anyone that does not know or just has trouble driving sometimes, putting it in First Person view mode to drive is literally like 10 times easier. It takes a bit to adjust too, but the handling is so, so much more forgiving. Seriously give it a shot if you cannot drive that good (fortunately I have pretty much mastered driving in all views), as it really makes driving so much easier it is almost unfair (I was driving the truck in Catch A Wave like it was a car in First Person view.

I just figured out he can do counter attacks in this game, and there pretty cool!! I must have missed the part where tells you about them.

Yeah, I didnt know until the "Finish Him" achievement where you have to counter attack 10 attacks in 4 minutes

I wish they wouldve shown us more of the fighting system in the beginning and more missions that let you beat your opponent with yours fists

Gonna complete this when I get Home to fill the gap to MGS4. I think im just over half way.

Does everyone else know supposedly when/if you kill Playboy X you get the GTA3 outfit in his wardrobe/dresser?

:woot:

I gotta check that when im home!

Does everyone else know supposedly when/if you kill Playboy X you get the GTA3 outfit in his wardrobe/dresser?

Yup, while I was browsing my clothes in the wardrobe I saw it - Not that special though, looks a bit weird :/

Yup, while I was browsing my clothes in the wardrobe I saw it - Not that special though, looks a bit weird :/

Does look weird, but I still wore it. Badass.

After finishing the storyline awhile ago now and knocking off a bit more SP parts with only the crud like pigeons and stunt jumps left I can say im really keen for the extra content packs now. Cant wait untill there announced. Another 30-40 missions in each would be very nice.

The more i play this game, the more i become amazed at how realistic it is. For example.. I was playing for a little while earlier today and decided to take packie to the comedy club, who should walk out on stage.. non other than Ricky Gervais! He was as completely un funny as he is in real life.. Unparalled realism! :D

After finishing the storyline awhile ago now and knocking off a bit more SP parts with only the crud like pigeons and stunt jumps left I can say im really keen for the extra content packs now. Cant wait untill there announced. Another 30-40 missions in each would be very nice.

I hope the new DLC brings more multiplayer coop missions and other new modes

Does anyone have any tips on getting the chain reaction and rolling over achievements?

Chain reaction

Get a heli, go to Times Square, theres a small building next to the intersection - get on top of that and start shooting

Shoot between 2 vehicles to get more bang for the buck :p

Rolling over

Get a fast car and go to the airport

- theres a lot of small jumps there

Does anyone have any tips on getting the chain reaction and rolling over achievements?

Here's what I said when you posted this in that GTA Achievements thread.

Well you will probably hate me for this but I'll tell you my experiences.

I was in the first island, around that park area with that giant stone thing in the road that makes a round-about. I parked my car across in two lanes as I was hitting start. I was actually trying to find all the pigeons but that's another story. So 5 minutes later I came back from hitting start and the first thing I saw was a LOT of cars behind me. I was just about to go do the bridge thing as well (its recommended) but I thought "hey what the heck, I'll try it here!" I chucked like 4 grenades into all the cars around me and got it.

I still would recommend the bridge thing though (getting on top of the bus to throw) and throw at the farthest cars first (then come towards you).

As for "rolled over" I attempted that for like 10 minutes and did a whole ton of flips (I thought). I checked my stats and it only said I did 1!!! I am definitely going to hit up Youtube on that one as there are tons of videos of it.

For the chain reaction achievement I went to the second hand car lot in south Alderney, parked a fire engine in there and surrounded it with cars. Then I stood on the cabin, threw a couple of grenades, fired an RPG and got it within a couple of seconds.