[Official] Grand Theft Auto IV

Just an FYI, I started dating 'Lawchick' through LoveMeet.com. After you get her fondness high enough, she's good for clearing a 2-star wanted level (although she starts to get paranoid and clingy...I may need to dump her soon...).

-Spenser

I got hassled by the cops drunk driving to the titty bar, driving was a long trip and really wobbly but I made it. lol

Try getting in a while Helicopter while drunk.... :laugh:

Just an FYI, I started dating 'Lawchick' through LoveMeet.com. After you get her fondness high enough, she's good for clearing a 2-star wanted level (although she starts to get paranoid and clingy...I may need to dump her soon...).

-Spenser

Do you just call her up to immediately clear them and how often can you?

Try getting in a while Helicopter while drunk.... :laugh:

Do you just call her up to immediately clear them and how often can you?

Yeah, you click on her name in your phone and there's an option to 'Clear Wanted', which you hit and call her and you tell her that police are harassing you and she says she'll talk to the DA and you just have to wait a few more seconds and your wanted is gone no matter how many police are near you (up to 2 stars, like I said). You can do it pretty often as far as I've experienced.

-Spenser

I finally beat the game over the weekend. Really enjoyed it without a doubt.

I really took my time playing it in the beginning, and I beat it at 33 Hours and 34 minutes (sweet number, I wish it was 33 minutes LOL).

Going to try the stunt jumps I think, but I could care less about the pigeons.

I really took my time playing it in the beginning, and I beat it at 33 Hours and 34 minutes (sweet number, I wish it was 33 minutes LOL).

ditto, although my time was just over 30hrs, I'm currently doing the most wanted mission, and they are fun!

make sure to do the assassin missions, I loved them!

Trust me, there are some really insane (fun wise) jumps. You will have a great time.

I have the 360 version:

I'm increasingly suffering from the problems of slow loading, as in, I will walk into a room and it's empty for say 2 seconds then furniture fades into view, this is incredibly annoying when it happens on the road as well and you magically crash into something.

I know all the GTA games were infamous for this but I didn't know GTA IV still had this problem and is it common on the 360 version?

Rich.

I have the 360 version:

I'm increasingly suffering from the problems of slow loading, as in, I will walk into a room and it's empty for say 2 seconds then furniture fades into view, this is incredibly annoying when it happens on the road as well and you magically crash into something.

I know all the GTA games were infamous for this but I didn't know GTA IV still had this problem and is it common on the 360 version?

Rich.

its more evident on the 360 due to loading direct from the dvd, the PS3 installs to the HDD and has improved loading. There should have been a HDD install option on 360 imo.

I don't get it that much tbh. Maybe in some of the interiors but outside on the roads everything loads before I get there, even if I'm steaming through in something like an Infernus.

Glad I have none of those pop-in issues on my 360 version.

it may get affected more or less with different drives, or if the disc is slightly dirty.

it may get affected more or less with different drives, or if the disc is slightly dirty.

Yes, I know.

Been saying this for a long time now, even done my own little test between a number of drives.

I found that most BenQ drives pretty much eliminates Pop-ins, specially those nasty on-road ones.

I literally had an entire city block that was no textures as I was driving. It was so weird looking and lasted a good 4 seconds, I thought my 360 was about to RROD, then it stuttered, and everything was back to normal. That was the worse experience I had with texture pop ins.

Overall though it did happen a lot for me. Simple, yet incredibly annoying stuff, like turning the corner tight and all of a sudden there was a tree or fence there. It seemed to especially happen later on in my playing time.

I always got it when I'd run out of the Dukes hideout in the stairwell. If I'd do it quickly enough there'd be nothing in the hallway. After that I didn't experience it much at all.

Yea I get bad popup and framerates alot actually. Yesterday I was driving fast in the underground, and everything just went black like I was driving in space, then it loaded up. I am hoping my Xbox dies again so I can get a better one! :happy:

I think that it's always bound to happen if you're driving fast. Much harder to load things and blur them at the same time.

I also noticed that it's seemed to happen more often the more I play, but I can probably guarantee that's not the game. You've gotten accustomed to the game, so now your more prone to notice details (or lackthereof :p).

-Spenser

I have the 360 version:

Rich.

yeah dude its, not the game its the bloody weak DVD hardware we have in 360 , try on a newer console & things will be smoother

Well guys I am stuck at around 95% with no much to do. I have all the pigeons, stunt jumps, assassin (etc.) type missions, etc. beat but I can't seem to get any farther.

Just finished beating the game (missions that is). I must say, it was entertaining playing GTAIV. Time to send it back to Gamefly and wait for MGS4 while I play Bourne :p

Well guys I am stuck at around 95% with no much to do. I have all the pigeons, stunt jumps, assassin (etc.) type missions, etc. beat but I can't seem to get any farther.

Checklist for you:

story missions

10 drug package deliveries - little jacob

10 exotic exports - brucie

9 races - brucie

9 assassinations - fixer

30 most wanted crims

20 vigilantes

30 car thefts - stevie

4 friends abilities (car service, guns, helicopter and bomb)

activities - win pool, darts, bowling and beat qub3d high score

friend activities - take em everywhere, keep em at 100%

random character missions

50 stunt jumps

200 pigions

hope that helps mate :) btw im at 93.75% myself, still gotta do 25 stunt jumps, 77 pigions and beat the high score of Qub3D.