[Official] Grand Theft Auto IV

I'd love to enter the competition, but no point with an NTSC 360.

It's a piece of history though. You might not be able to use it but there's no reason you can't keep it as a collectors item, which you can then sell in a few years time for a huge profit.

I would never enter a competition with the intention to sell the price, what kinda mentality is that?

For the Xbox itself, two cheap looking stickers mashed on top some horrible shiny paint? :laugh: piece of history ...

I would never enter a competition with the intention to sell the price, what kinda mentality is that?

For the Xbox itself, two cheap looking stickers mashed on top some horrible shiny paint? :laugh: piece of history ...

Yeah, maybe it's best if you didn't enter then. Whether you like it or not, owning something that only four other people in the whole world have is pretty special, particularly for something like GTA.

Only 12 days left I seriously cant wait for this game, shame my exams start a couple of days later, means that I wont be able to play it properly till 5 weeks down the line.

As to the whole 10/10, perfect thing. I just think that giving a game a score out of 10 is way to narrow, it only gives the the reviewer 11 choices (0-10), that they can score a game on, in my personal opinion a score based on the percentage scale would be more suffice (is that proper English), like Gamesmaster magazine in the UK or the system that GameSpot use.

Maybe the reviewer actually thought the game was a 97% of 9.7 but because they had to choose between 9 or 10, I think that everyone would agree that 10 is more of a realistic score than a 9.

Ahh who cares about who give it a 10? The only review that ever really matters anymore is that of the legend himself "Ben "Yahtzee" Corshaw"

Seriously though he is the only guy that I can expect to give a review that I really want to listen to. He truly attempts to destroy the game and when he can't its a sign that the game stood its ground pretty well :D

He is extremely tough but he is also fair, Yahtzee for president :p

Think very carefully about where he is in the world.....

(Edit: that's not to say it won't be a fair review of the game he plays)

Edited by McSmiggins

BioShock received at least a dozen of 10's. It was an awesome game, but far from perfect.

And that's a nice prize, acxz. How did you manage to get your hands on that?! :shiftyninja:

BioShock received at least a dozen of 10's. It was an awesome game, but far from perfect.

And that's a nice prize, acxz. How did you manage to get your hands on that?! :shiftyninja:

We got an email from Nelson Rodriguez (Community Manager for Xbox) asking us if we wanted to hold a competition with it as the prize. We were all a bit shocked lol.

Dunno if this has been posted. Some great news but warning it is a spoiler if you click the link. Well not really story spoilers but just someone you can expect to do a voice (and mo-cap) in the game :)

Office funny man Ricky Gervais is in GTA IV, as part of Liberty City's stand-up comedy club, and somewhere else he's not saying...

Source:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=187141

Dunno if this has been posted. Some great news but warning it is a spoiler if you click the link. Well not really story spoilers but just someone you can expect to do a voice (and mo-cap) in the game :)

Office funny man Ricky Gervais is in GTA IV, as part of Liberty City's stand-up comedy club, and somewhere else he's not saying...

Source:

His voice is distinctive so should be easily spotted

Source:

I wouldn't be surprised if he was the voice for one of the adverts... his voice would be just as annoying as the advert :p

Stand-up comedy club though? We can go and watch Ricky Gervais do a set in GTA? I wonder if the bouncers on the door will stop you just walking in though :p

haha bouncers that'd awesome, and there'd be a dress code, hehe, am i going too far!!!

btw anyone know when the social club opens it doors for registration, the website says today, but nothings happening??

haha bouncers that'd awesome, and there'd be a dress code, hehe, am i going too far!!!

btw anyone know when the social club opens it doors for registration, the website says today, but nothings happening??

Zee americans are not off work/school yet - cant have them missing out on anything :p

Source:

That's awesome!!

But, again, 10 doesn't necessarily have to mean "perfect". 10 could mean "awesome game", which it was.

Source:

Oh god no. I can't stand that man.

HeHe been refreshing the Social Club page all day, was just about to say its open for registration :)

member #10847