Apple's iPhone SDK Press Conference

Wonder how much they actually implemented activesync...

does it support push from exchange?

does it support file sync from a desktop? what all are they syncing? calendars? contacts?

Is the "Data Wipe" useful for doing a reformat of the iPhone? Like, if I was to do it, would I start back at 1.0 firmware? Because my iPhone is currently on 1.1.4 and still has this annoying headphones glitch that I can't seem to fix...

Wonder how much they actually implemented activesync...

does it support push from exchange?

does it support file sync from a desktop? what all are they syncing? calendars? contacts?

iphonesdka56.jpg

10:08AM - "Microsoft has come up with a much more advanced architecture, where the iPhone can work directly with the Exchange server in a more reliable and affordable way. We're building Exchange support so you get push email, push calendaring, push contacts, global address lists, and the ability to remote wipe it."

"The same email app, calendar app, and contact apps that customers really love will get information directly from the Exchange server." So no new apps on the iPhone for using Exchange. Demo time!

10:10AM - Contacts, calendar, mail are all empty -- looks like it's time to do some syncing. "No events -- I kind of like that, keep my day free." Chuckles.

Is the "Data Wipe" useful for doing a reformat of the iPhone? Like, if I was to do it, would I start back at 1.0 firmware? Because my iPhone is currently on 1.1.4 and still has this annoying headphones glitch that I can't seem to fix...

Which glitch? My buds have been playing up lately.

Touch FX looks awesome.

10:42AM - "Next we decided, what can we do in two weeks? So we wrote a game... Touch Fighter." Dang, not bad, it's 3D, OpenGL... tap anywhere to fire, steer with the accelerometer. Lots of loud "Whoa!"-ing from the audience and applause.

:drool:

Spore on iPhone, holy ****!

Tell me I don't have to pay for this?

All of this is coming in the iPhone 2.0 update. It?ll have the SDK and enterprise capabilities. There?s a Beta release going out today. Thousands of developers will have it today. Apple needs the feedback. Customers will see this in June as a free software update.

iphonesdka328.jpg

iphonesdka330.jpg

All of this is coming in the iPhone 2.0 update. It?ll have the SDK and enterprise capabilities. There?s a Beta release going out today. Thousands of developers will have it today. Apple needs the feedback. Customers will see this in June as a free software update.

Oh cool. Thanks.

Are there any "premium apps?" Because it makes me wonder how it says "No charge free apps"