Apple's iPhone SDK Press Conference

"In just a few months..." MONTHS! "every iPhone user will get what they saw today. But there's another part to this as well: the iPod touch. Everything will run on the iPod touch as well, including enterprise features. We account for the touch differently than we do for the iPhone so there will be a nominal charge for the touch."

I'd give them time to have all these things working perfectly, I'll even be surprised if there is no delay.

However it seems like Apple is at a stance in the mobile market just as Microsoft is in the early desktop market?

However the share prices are still falling, who the hell own the the rest of these stocks and are selling?

And touch users will have to pay :(

Bring on the jailbreak.... :( Thought Apple would have been a bit better....

Na, if I spend ?300+ plus on a device, ?10 to get this update for the touch isn't going to bother us as I wouldn't risk jailbreaking

A June release would suit me just fine as by then the SDK will be fully underway and apps will be busting out at the seams. A new iPhone with 3G will be released and the rest of the mobile manufacturing world will put pen to paper yet again.

Thanks for screwing us early iPod touch adopters. I didn't pay for your crappy apps update before and I don't think I'll pay for this crap in June. Jailbreak FTW.

another extra charge for touch users? lame

iPod touch users aren't paying a monthly fee to AT&T which in turn gives Apple more money... Of course they're going to charge touch users a small fee. I can't imagine it will be more than $10-$20, which is a small price to pay for such a significant upgrade. Can't wait to finally get some of these sweet apps on my iPhone!

A June release would suit me just fine as by then the SDK will be fully underway and apps will be busting out at the seams. A new iPhone with 3G will be released and the rest of the mobile manufacturing world will put pen to paper yet again.

I understand that but it seems like this huge build up and then you got to wait an extra 3 months

Update:

Stocks on the rise

124.73 +0.24 (0.19%)

Looks like the "good days" are coming back for Apple.

AAPL 124.76 +0.27 (0.22%)

Sweet, someones gonna be updating if I am not around.

So will the charge only be for current owners? (like the recent one was - as in new iPod touch's had the new stuff on it). Or will everyone have to pay?

I understand that but it seems like this huge build up and then you got to wait an extra 3 months

This had been rumored to happen for some time now though. It really isn't that big of a deal considering there's still a beta for the SDK coming out today.

Good stuff, might pickup an iPhone after the SDK is out.

SMB on the iPhone was awesome, great work by SEGA.

Radish?

and youll pay again for each of those Sweet apps

iPod touch users aren't paying a monthly fee to AT&T which in turn gives Apple more money... Of course they're going to charge touch users a small fee. I can't imagine it will be more than $10-$20, which is a small price to pay for such a significant upgrade. Can't wait to finally get some of these sweet apps on my iPhone!

I hope this isnt a stupid question but will they be developing apps to where you can change the icons and customize the iphone more

and youll pay again for each of those Sweet apps

If you read the live blog, you would know that they said most developers are opting for freeware. Apple will make sure any free apps are received truly free.