WWDC '08

I wish iPod touch users would stop their whining. No one is forcing you to update.

well if we want to use the app store and download apps then yes we are forced

mobile XP coming right up :D

Btw, the vista wallpaper doesnt look that bad in that face-to-face with the default leopard wallpaper. Finally something decent, after years of that horrendous bliss wallpaper

I wish iPod touch users would stop their whining. No one is forcing you to update.

That doesn't make it not ****ty that they're charging some people and not others.

-Spenser

If the new update also includes the janurary software updates, do people who bought the first update get any discount?

Paying twice for the same features is annoying.

That doesn't make it not ****ty that they're charging some people and not others.

-Spenser

iPod touch users don't pay monthly.

-Spenser

But you don't have to pay a monthly fee to have the device, for iPhone users, we do. Apple is already getting that extra penny from us through our AT&T contract.

Jobs said in March that you would have to pay so why are you complaining now when you've known about it for 3 months? Plus Apple gets a kickback from AT&T for iPhone users that they don't get from Touch users.

But you don't have to pay a monthly fee to have the device, for iPhone users, we do. Apple is already getting that extra penny from us through our AT&T contract.

Yes, but you're paying for a phone contract, which is pretty normal when you have a cell phone.

-Spenser

for some people we can't do that (we dont have the iphone in canada)

If the new update also includes the janurary software updates, do people who bought the first update get any discount?

Paying twice for the same features is annoying.

you already have a discount, you are paying $9.99 instead of $19.99 like the first time.

The software isn't called iPod 2.0, it is called iPhone 2.0. I just don't see what the big deal is.

None of the other iPods have ever had updates like this, be glad that you're getting this new functionality available to you. Apple could have just made it for the iPhone.

@funciona

working fine here (ustream.tv)

this is really booring, i know its a 'developers conference'.... but kinda crappy after ALL the 3g iphone speculation

The software isn't called iPod 2.0, it is called iPhone 2.0. I just don't see what the big deal is.

None of the other iPods have ever had updates like this, be glad that you're getting this new functionality available to you. Apple could have just made it for the iPhone.

The iPhone is an iPod Touch. It just also has a phone and a camera built in. The naming of the update is purely semantics and has nothing to do with the argument at hand. Telling us to 'just be glad' just makes it sound like you don't have a good argument for why this happens to be the way it is.

-Spenser