WWDC '08

Memory yes although the iPhone is a phone, not a music player (and on that note the audio quality/volume is ****ty on the E70/iPhone)

Heavy?

iPhone: 133 g (4.7 oz)

E70: 127 g 4.5 (oz) (You just made yourself look dumb)

Upgraded audio quality in iPhone 3G.

And I dont give a **** about design/looks as long as it has great features: What would you perfer: A great body and beautiful girl that has no idea about sex or how to **** a **** and is a virgin or a less atractive girl but knows how to **** a ****? Thats my point

Can't teach looks.

Max is 2GB. The application store is the symbian community which is MUCH MUCH bigger than "Applicaion store" And it doesnt have to be passed thru Apple.

So you have the possibility of getting a program from the 'community' that is a virus, spyware, etc? Awesome. How do you know how 'MUCH MUCH bigger' it is? The app store isn't out yet. And I doubt you have major corporations building applications for the 'symbian community' like you do for the app store. Passing through Apple is also a plus for developers. Puts everything in front of as many people as possible. I know I hate when I download something for my N800 and its missing this or that or the other part of a package. This won't happen with the app store.

Yes it is.

A conference call is a telephone call in which the calling party wishes to have more than one called party listen in to the audio portion of the call.

A conference call is a telephone call in which the calling party wishes to have more than one called party listen in to the audio portion of the call.

What point are you missing?

Yes it is. It is a video call and a video conference. Whats your point?

You're the one missing the point. The point is that the people are listening to the audio conference at the same time. You cannot do that with the video call on your phone. You can't both be video conferencing at the same time.

Again, another way to look at it. Do you think Apple should start sticking iSights in the BACK of their laptops and computers and call it video conferencing? I don't think so. Could you imagine webcamming with someone but the only way for them to see you is to turn the monitor around? Of course not. Its not conferencing unless its two way communication at the same time. It is a video feed during a call, sure, but not a conference.

It's OK guys, no need to keep on explaining what "video conferencing" is now.

Radish?

If you know Apple, you know they don't put extras into their products if it's not going to be used

You sure you don't mean

"If you know Apple, you know they don't put extras into their products so they can add it in the next revision and make you buy it again" (i.e the whole mess with the first phone not being 3g) :p

Anyway, personally I think video calls are pants. I have a front camera on my phone and it's fairly pointless as a) Video costs a fortune here b) Very few people have phones yet with it c) It looks stupid anyway, it's not that important to see the head of someone when your on the phone. I never saw the point in webcam's on computers either.

I'd rather apple improve the camera on the back the phone than add another naff one to the front (I'm fairly sure that decent quality photo's will become a selling point of some model of iphone eventually so they can sell it to you again naturally)

^^ you must have not seen the quality of the current iPhone camera, its much better then your average phone camera. You can look up my review of the iPhone in the Review Section I have some examples. However I will say the omission of flash is a bummer.

I'd rather apple improve the camera on the back the phone than add another naff one to the front (I'm fairly sure that decent quality photo's will become a selling point of some model of iphone eventually so they can sell it to you again naturally)

The iPhone's current camera is pretty damn good for a camera phone if you ask me. Someone posted some pictures, I believe, in this thread a while back from within a plane and they were really good for a camera phone.

I honestly haven't played around with the camera on the iPhone. I really don't have a use for a camera on my phone.

My biggest fault with iPhone's camera is the fact that the lens doesn't have a cover allowing for it to get smudged and dirty. If it was covered until use, I'd be esthetic. Perhaps iPhone4? ;)

What's all this talk about video conferencing? Seriously, its a feature that the average user won't be using, and IMO, a bit ahead of it times, once we get better hardware/software, All phones will have it, relax guys.

Furthermore, what's with all these comparisons of these uber-leet phones?

Those phones' UI are disgusting, and Apple set out to do a smart phone right, and not simply copy every damn feature. You think they're going to implement a front-facing camera, just because some phone that the average consumer has no clue about has it? No, hell they still haven't even implemented picture-messaging, which IS a feature consumers are well aware of. If you guys live for the pure feature set, then don't buy it, seems silly to think you guys will somehow stop it's vast and quick growth.

Lasty, you gotta look at the overall package, that's its real worth. That's what the average consumer is seeing. Why would you guys expect a front-facing camera in such a sleek design? or a flash, or all these other things that will add a lot of bulk and what not, Apple are not magicians... Though I'm sure they'll be implemented when they deem necessary, and not when some leet guy on the internet says to...

Edited by EnzoFX

What's all this talk about video conferencing? Seriously, its a feature that the average user won't be using, and IMO, a bit ahead of it times, once we get better hardware/software, All phones will have it, relax guys.

Furthermore, what's with all these comparisons of these uber-leet phones?

Those phones' UI are disgusting, and Apple set out to do a smart phone right, and not simply copy every damn feature. You think they're going to implement a front-facing camera, just because some phone that the average consumer has no clue about has it? No, hell they still haven't even implemented picture-messaging, which IS a feature consumers are well aware of. If you guys live for the pure feature set, then don't buy it, seems silly to think you guys will somehow stop it's vast and quick growth.

Lasty, you gotta look at the overall package, that's its real worth. That's what the average consumer is seeing. Why would you guys expect a front-facing camera in such a sleek design? or a flash, or all these other things that will add a lot of bulk and what not, Apple are not magicians... Though I'm sure they'll be implemented when they deem necessary, and not when some leet guy on the internet says to...

Actually, the front camera is what the 'general public' use to difference a 2G phone from a 3G one. So when it has videocall, they feel it's newer even it they aren't going to use it because it's hell expensive. General public doesnt do browsing because a) it's expensive. b) it's ugly on almost every phone BUT the iphone.

I think the only real advantages of the newer iphone are the GPS and the new software, because 3G doesnt feel like such a "cant-live-without" to me.

I think 3G is only really a must for those who have really experienced the benefits. I live in the city, and pickup HSDPA, I am used to having it. Using what is seemingly little more than GPRS+ feels like using dialup again, and most certainly wouldn't feel like I have "Internet In your pocket". I am sure the iPhone will be a much greater success in markets such as the UK where 3G is more widely adopted and available - it's certainly what i've held out for.

O2 are bound to be expanding their 3G networks to accompany the 3G iPhone.

Apple have really nailed the price this time round. A lot of my friends who laughed at me for spending the ?270 back at launch are all seriously considering the 3G iPhone this time round. It's a much more attractive proposition.

^^ you must have not seen the quality of the current iPhone camera, its much better then your average phone camera. You can look up my review of the iPhone in the Review Section I have some examples. However I will say the omission of flash is a bummer.

True, the quality beats a lot of phones ... in broad daylight.

Apple have really nailed the price this time round. A lot of my friends who laughed at me for spending the ?270 back at launch are all seriously considering the 3G iPhone this time round. It's a much more attractive proposition.

They have nailed the price but I hate the fact that you are obligated to buy a contract with it. I'm on a business plan via my company so that means I can't buy one as I cannot change my plan or take a new one.

Before buying the new iPhone, make sure that AT&T has 3G services in your area. Obviously, there's little point to the new iPhone if you can't use 3G the majority of the time. Frankly, I plan to stick with my [2G] iPhone + 2.0 firmware for a long while. Though the LA area has 3G, there's also so many Wi-Fi hotspots around here that's it hard for me NOT to browse the web on Wi-Fi. And besides, even slow Wi-Fi tends to be quicker than the fastest 3G, at least the 3G speeds that are around here.

• 2 weeks later...