WWDC '08

The iPhone is an iPod Touch. It just also has a phone and a camera built in. The naming is purely semantics and has nothing to do with the argument at hand.

-Spenser

The iPhone (July 2007) came out before the iPod touch (Sept 2007), so that would be vice versa.

The iPhone (July 2007) came out before the iPod touch (Sept 2007), so that would be vice versa.

That's also semantics (just like the rest of my last posts' edit, which you missed). They were probably developed at the same time and just released separately.

-Spenser

That's also semantics (just like the rest of my last posts' edit, which you missed). They were probably developed at the same time and just released separately.

-Spenser

The "good" argument has already been posted several times.

iPhone users have to pay a monthly fee, which part of that is given to Apple, which covers the costs of the update. iPod touch users DO NOT pay a monthly fee. $10 is hardly something to complain about when I have to pay $1440 (based two year contract) for 24 months of usage.

The "good" argument has already been posted several times.

iPhone users have to pay a monthly fee, which part of that is given to Apple, which covers the costs of the update. iPod touch users DO NOT pay a monthly fee. $10 is hardly something to complain about when I have to pay $1440 (based two year contract) for 24 months of usage.

Yes, but you always have to have a contract if you're going to have a cellphone. That's nothing new.

-Spenser

Apple has learned so much with the first iPhone. They have taken everything they've learned and more and created the iPhone 3G. Even thinner, black plastic back, solid metal buttons, same gorgeous display, camera, flush headphone jack, and dramatically improved audio.

Yes, but you always have to have a contract if you're going to have a cellphone. That's nothing new.

-Spenser

But the iPhone cost us $600 when first release (more than your typical phone), and the contracts cost more than what your typical phone contracts cost. So again, iPhone users paid more to Apple in the long run.

If you don't like it, then continue to jailbreak the device. But Apple isn't going to change this policy though, they want money. And as a shareholder, I want them to make more money.