Apple Releases 2 New "Get A Mac" Ads

I like Mac ...

but ....

One of the ads says that Mac hardware and software are all made by the one company ... erm ... no ... it's all made by the same companies that make PC stuff.

Hardware ... Intel ... ATI ... Nvidia ... etc ....

software ... Apple... Microsoft.. erm ... not much else. lol

But see ... isn't that kinda lying to the public? :)

OMG APPLE IS LYING TO THE PUBLIC IN ITS ADS? :o

:rofl:

OMG APPLE IS LYING TO THE PUBLIC IN ITS ADS? :o

:rofl:

If you have nothing relevant to post ... ;)

I don't really care if they lie that much ... I REALLY want and will get next, an iMac 24" :D They're droolworthy :D I don't fall for the hype ... I actually just like them :D

So yesterday my sister comes up to me and goes, "You know they have two more mac commercials?" And I said, "Yeah, I saw those." and then she says, "Hahaha your PC sucks ******!" So I'm like "Go ahead, go ahead and believe in your Apple fairytale. Believe in your bogus Apple lies so that you can be brainwashed like sheep and suck on the milk bag of corporate America!" And then I laughed at her pitiful soul and I said, "I pity you, I'm going to play Assasins Creed." and I left. That totally showed the bitch.

You my friend need to get a damned life and go seek help if you treat your sister like that.

I like Mac ...

but ....

One of the ads says that Mac hardware and software are all made by the one company ... erm ... no ... it's all made by the same companies that make PC stuff.

Fair comment, but apple design the hardware, Intel, Nvidia etc produce it, then apple put it all together. So it aint lying

Apple FTW. ;)

Now here is a shining example of somebody who knows what the hell they're talking about :) Apple does rule, nuf said

You know, I think all of you should realize the ads don't actually impact average users. I've been in IT for many years, and I can tell you most people have no idea computers can even be different. They might know they have a Dell, or an HP, but they consider it sort of like a car manufacturer. It's just a sticker on the outside to them. And they don't understand the concept of an operating system. So they consider an Apple ad as sort of like a Gateway Computer ad, it's trying to sell them a different brand of the same basic thing. I hate to burst everyone's bubble. People don't understand and they don't care. Take it from someone that supports this stuff.

I like Mac ...

but ....

Keep in mind, one of the things that makes Apple's hardware different is the simple fact that Apple selects Top Shelf (Tier 1) Production Runs from Intel and it's partners which means, ultimately, that they have a higher quality of component in their systems than Dell or HP, thus they are different while remaining the same.

Most companies go with a Tier 2 / Tier 3 component for sale in pre-builds because of the cost difference, normally even in volume it can be up to $20 USD per item, Tier 1 typically are reserved for Retail Box sales.

Fair comment, but apple design the hardware, Intel, Nvidia etc produce it, then apple put it all together. So it aint lying

Umm...NO. Apple doesn't design Processors any more than Dell does.

Umm...NO. Apple doesn't design Processors any more than Dell does.

Apple actually has worked with Intel to help devise ways of adapting current technology for new Application. They may not sit down and specmap each item, but Apple does work with its suppliers to improve and enhance technology for their own uses.

These ads are really starting to get tiring. When they first started the Get A Mac ad campaign, even as a windows user, I have to say, I did chuckle a bit. They were funny. Now they're just really rather weak and quite irritating. Furthermore, they give no reason to buy a mac, they fling mud at their competitors but actually do nothing to advertise or pimp out their own product. Big thumbs down.

These ads are really starting to get tiring. When they first started the Get A Mac ad campaign, even as a windows user, I have to say, I did chuckle a bit. They were funny. Now they're just really rather weak and quite irritating. Furthermore, they give no reason to buy a mac, they fling mud at their competitors but actually do nothing to advertise or pimp out their own product. Big thumbs down.

Test markets are already getting a new series of Apple Ads which, I feel, are much more appropriate for the current market, highlighting Apple's Innovations and successes instead of traditional PC Failures.

Heh... I haven't visited this thread in a while. It's obvious that while the "Get a Mac" ads are annoying they are as amusing and uninformed as many of the responses posted here. Apple designs their own CPUs? Ok... The only thing Apple designs is marketing and cases and they probably contract that out as well.

Heh... I haven't visited this thread in a while. It's obvious that while the "Get a Mac" ads are annoying they are as amusing and uninformed as many of the responses posted here. Apple designs their own CPUs? Ok... The only thing Apple designs is marketing and cases and they probably contract that out as well.

Actually, as stated above, Apple works with it's partners to design and engineer components to best fit the needs of Apple and it's custom designs.

Also, for the record, Apple Designs all of it's manufactured parts internally, they have several teams internally made up of some of the most talented designers in the business to do that for them. (Cases / Power Adapters / Keyboards / Mice)

Actually, as stated above, Apple works with it's partners to design and engineer components to best fit the needs of Apple and it's custom designs.

Also, for the record, Apple Designs all of it's manufactured parts internally, they have several teams internally made up of some of the most talented designers in the business to do that for them. (Cases / Power Adapters / Keyboards / Mice)

Although it's obvious that Apple designs their own motherboard/graphics card etc, I highly doubt they have any contribution towards latest intel/nvidia/ATi processors. As I said, it's not any more than what Microsoft/Dell/others do with intel etc.

Although it's obvious that Apple designs their own motherboard/graphics card etc, I highly doubt they have any contribution towards latest intel/nvidia/ATi processors. As I said, it's not any more than what Microsoft/Dell/others do with intel etc.

Actually Apple provided more than a few resources toward the development of the Core 2 Duo (Micro) processor used in the MacBook Air.