Mario Kart Wii

Got my copy on friday, love the thing. I've only just started playing the single player modes as well, I've been haunting the online servers most of the time. I do have one major annoyance though with it. I don't know whether or not it's because I got the first batch of Wii's in the UK, but it crashes, a lot. Every time I've completed a Grand Prix and every time I try to return to the Wii menu, it just stops responding, and it irritates the hell out of me.

Oh, and shame on those of you who race online without the wheel! :p

EDIT: In WFC, what does a gold steering wheel mean?

I hate the wheel! Cant play it, i have to use the NGC controller, works better :)

Playing online is awesome! Battles are great!

Can someone help me out here - I've been trying to unlock some of the extras, and I've beaten some of the staff ghosts in order to unlock expert staff ghosts. Except, I can't remember which ones I've beaten?

I did initally think it would just be the ones which have a faster time than me, but I've been round some of the tracks without beating the normal ghost. There doesn't appear to be a visual difference between normal and expert, unless I am blind. :huh:

Wow its out already! I didnt see any commercials for this like Smash Bros. Brawl... I hope people will still be playing when I get a Wii. I hate being late when everyone is at the elite level making fun of me (but its fun in TF2 when spies use teleports and you can see the teleport trail they leave behind)

I'm loving and hating Mario Kart Wii....

On one side ... It's Mario kart! It's a great racer, great arcader and lot's of fun.

But I prefer the SNES/N64 version to be totally honest. I mean the Wii version is great .. looks sharp, great audio etc .. fun extra's.

But it's the little things that spoil the fun... for example:

In the older version, only humans could use catch-up items (lighning, blue-shield, prolonged super etc) (very often). It could be the CPU used them once .. but it was rare. In Mario Kart Wii, the CPU players use them all the time. When driving first you will get hammered by endless lightning, squids, blue-shield, raging bulllets and supers. It just not fun anymore.

OK, how much did you play the SNES version? The AI in that version was the cheapest playing crap I ever saw. Mario and Luigi with constant Star power, Yoshi shooting eggs every 2 seconds to land right on you, Toad & Princess and their little mushrooms landing on you, etc. That was their version of special items, and they used them ALL of the time.

OK, how much did you play the SNES version? The AI in that version was the cheapest playing crap I ever saw. Mario and Luigi with constant Star power, Yoshi shooting eggs every 2 seconds to land right on you, Toad & Princess and their little mushrooms landing on you, etc. That was their version of special items, and they used them ALL of the time.

yse the SNES AI was really cheap....kinda made the game fun though :p

I got it too. Can i have a medal? Or are they all gone? I'm sure you got one for the very strong arguments you gave about the pros and cons of the game :)

Can someone help me out here - I've been trying to unlock some of the extras, and I've beaten some of the staff ghosts in order to unlock expert staff ghosts. Except, I can't remember which ones I've beaten?

I did initally think it would just be the ones which have a faster time than me, but I've been round some of the tracks without beating the normal ghost. There doesn't appear to be a visual difference between normal and expert, unless I am blind. :huh:

http://forums.mapwii.com/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=1789

Right at the bottom is a list of times linked to the ghosts, I'm guessing it's what you need to beat and you can see your best time when you select the track in the game.

• 2 weeks later...

went and picked up my copy got home and my wiimotes are both out of battery. stupidly I can't find the AA battery holders I had and have to wait til my batteries charge!!!

I'm very disappointed that I have it sitting there looking at me and I can't play.

picked it up today. my brother and i immediately went for the online mode and had a blast. i think i'll be playing this a lot more than super smash.

Damn it i want a Wii, by the time i get one everyone will be uber prick Mario kart pros. Last thing I want is an 4 year old girl embarrassing me while saying I 'hella' suck.