Hazro 24" HZ24W S-IPS Monitor

The only thing the Dell has that's better is the stand which can be adjusted more ways. That's where the better things end.

I had the 2408WFP btw not the 2407 and also 2x BenQ FP241W and Hyundai W241D 24" VA !

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good mrk, makes me wish I kept mine and waited for the update.

I'd much prefer if they sorted out the stand though. I usually turn my screen a lot when I watch films in bed and such.

. . . I miss my Hazro :(

• 1 month later...

Just an update for you guys still in limbo about buying one of these.

The ANC man came to deliver the screen today (firmware upgrade done by Hazro to version 2.1 to fix branding reports and also dim the backlight for better luminance) and so I set about putting it back into action.

I can confirm the out of the box black point has been improved somewhat. It's now reporting 0.4cd/m2 before and after calibration. An excellent improvement in the 2.1 firmware!

I can confirm that the lack of RGB adjustment is not a major issue. The preset 6500k colour mode is actually 6800k which is not too bad but after calibration I've gotten it almost bang on 6500k with 1% deviation.

The luminance of the backlight has also been reduced somewhat from 400 odd cd/m2 to around 210-250 depending on how you like your brightness and contrast settings. Mine are at 50 and 25.

My before and after calibration results are below:

BEFORE

pc_TFT_Z24Wi_2.1_outofbox.PNG

AFTER

pc_TFT_Z24Wi_2.1_calibrated.PNG

What does it all mean? it means now the HZ24Wi has excellent blackpoint levels, VA panel standard without the colour shifting symptoms of non IPS panels. It also has a much more pleasing out of the box luminance so isn't eye burning right away.

Version 2.1 firmware means the HZ24Wi is now made of awesome and win, probably more awesome than win, YOU DECIDE!

• 4 weeks later...