Windows XP SP3 Now on Windows Update

For the people that didn't want to download the leaked service pack from other sources, now you can download it directly from Microsoft. This is the full 316 meg file. It's on the Windows Update servers but I don't think it's available via windows update yet.

Download - English

Download - German

Download - Russian

Download - Spanish

All versions verified as build 5512

MD5 for English Version: BB25707C919DD835A9D9706B5725AF58

MD5 for German Version: 265246926AA44BD767B0C11F80C084F1

MD5 for Russian Version: E38B5C19A3D12AE8DE0A12B1E098DD73

MD5 for Spanish Version: A3FC7285F1EE00CA57B06C6E7C875CA8

Edited by wd40

For the people that didn't want to download the leaked service pack from other sources, now you can download it directly from Microsoft. This is the full 316 meg file. It's on the Windows Update servers but I don't think it's available via windows update yet.

Download

MD5: BB25707C919DD835A9D9706B5725AF58

Looks like its the same as the leaked service pack.

from what i can tell is its a RC ver..

From Microsofts site:

KB: kb936929

http://support.microsoft.com/search/defaul...ode=r&lsc=0

It is the RTM, look at the md5 hash. I installed this yesterday, and it is indeed the 5512 build of SP3, which is the RTM build.

How come in every SP3 thread (though this goes for previous service packs as well) there is a debate about whether the file is the RTM version or not, the filesize and checksums are known - check them and get your answer - jesus it it's not that hard for fracks sake :rolleyes:

From Microsofts site:

And how can you tell its a RC???? Did you download the file and check it out? No You just read some text that hasn't been updated yet to reflect the RTM version. Man I just love it when people jump to conclusions without verifying anything.

Liez! It's not there. Keep in mind if you see it, not everyone will.

Also, just a reminder, SP3 will officially be released to the download center on Tuesday April 29

And how can you tell its a RC???? Did you download the file and check it out? No You just read some text that hasn't been updated yet to reflect the RTM version. Man I just love it when people jump to conclusions without verifying anything.
With the file, there is a KB number, he searched on MS's site and came up with the RC page. He verified something, looks like you jumped to conclusions too fast :p

From Microsofts site:

All you did was search for kb936929? Wow NICE JOB!! :rolleyes:

Next time don't even try.... Sheeesh

Well I just checked it and they both match. I got my SP3 directly from the Technet SP3 Install CD.

Technet

WINDOWSXP-KB936929-SP3-X86-ENU.EXE

SHA-1: c81472f7eeea2eca421e116cd4c03e2300ebfde4

Windows Update

windowsxp-kb936929-sp3-x86-enu_c81472f7eeea2eca421e116cd4c03e2300ebfde4.exe

SHA-1: c81472f7eeea2eca421e116cd4c03e2300ebfde4

Screenshot of the Windows Update SP3 RTM 5512 Slipstreamed Install

mtw4zd.jpg

Has anyone who has installed the RTM of SP3 had any issues?

Nope :happy: Most probably because they didn't introduce any massive new features that changes a lot of the underlying code.

I have installed it (after a fresh format) and all ok so far. Only a couple of updates on WU and nothing else!

By the way i've installed IE7 after the SP3 and the latest cumulative update for IE is not showing up on WU.

And i just installed IE7 without the option to download and install the latest updates for it. Strange. :huh:

Also another thing that i was waiting for SP3 to fix, is that after a couple of reboots many icons on the taskbar

starting to disappear. Icons Like AVG 8.0, Getright, Sound (speaker icon), nVidia icon. There are only a couple of icons showing

and the rest that are not, are working in the background. For example if i run GetRight again the main program's window comes up and the icon appears again on the taskbar.

Also another thing that i was waiting for SP3 to fix, is that after a couple of reboots many icons on the taskbar

starting to disappear. Icons Like AVG 8.0, Getright, Sound (speaker icon), nVidia icon. There are only a couple of icons showing

and the rest that are not, are working in the background. For example if i run GetRight again the main program's window comes up and the icon appears again on the taskbar.

OK, after a lot of searching i found that the cause for this is the uPnP discovery that i had enabled in "My Network Places".

After disabling it, all my icons on tray, are now visible again. I've tried on 3 PCs so far and it worked.

This is a good article about this -> http://winhlp.com/node/16

Bad girl, uPNP service, Bad girl... :D

Has anyone who has installed the RTM of SP3 had any issues?

I've installed it on two machines now with zero issues whatsoever.

A friend of mine says it wrecked her XP install and she had to run OEM recovery thingy. Shes the first person I've heard of having any issues at all with it, I don't know what the heck she did, shes not that tech savvy. I think, maybe she thought it was frozen after it rebooted for the first time, and takes a few minutes doing some post install stuff before it fully finishes booting the first time after, her PC is kind of slow and I can image it sat there doing it for 5 minutes or more. I'm thinking maybe she just hard shut down the PC then, and it put it into a loop, she says it went to diagnostic boot screen everytime, and wouldn't go into Safe Mode either. I probly could have helped her fix it but she just went ahead and ran the OEM recovery thingy before even calling me. ...shrugs shoulders... I don't know what the heck she did.

Was looking this up and used findfiles.com and another dl is on the download.windowsupdate.com website. Different name though windowsxp-kb936929-sp3-x86-enu_9afedbd6b2941bf568c27046d6688e6ccb5ce018.exe. Look here to see. Wonder what the difference is

Was looking this up and used findfiles.com and another dl is on the download.windowsupdate.com website. Different name though windowsxp-kb936929-sp3-x86-enu_9afedbd6b2941bf568c27046d6688e6ccb5ce018.exe. Look here to see. Wonder what the difference is

http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdo...e6ccb5ce018.exe

I tried this one a while ago and it is certainly not RTM. The Digital Signature is from February so I didn't even bother installing it. SHA-1 didnt match the others either.

Has Microsoft put up any "way to do before installing SP3" article?

Anyway will there be an official, publicly downloadable ISO of SP3?

It would be good if they offered free CDs like for SP2 but not this time I think.

Hey guys!

I got from Microsoft Newsgroups the following direct link to get the Windows XP Service Pack 3 Final (Spanish Version). Installed without problems... Enjoy!

Download - Spanish

post-127783-1209429130.jpg

Cheers

:)

Edited by Peffram