Windows XP SP3 Now on Windows Update

Peffram any info on SP3 Portuguese ( Portugal ) link? :)

Hello!

Not yet but I'm gonna try to find it.

Cheers

:)

Edited by Peffram

yeah me too. i haven't formatted mine in 6 months, I was waiting for SP3

Try two years since original install im using.

I have installed it (after a fresh format) and all ok so far. Only a couple of updates on WU and nothing else!

By the way i've installed IE7 after the SP3 and the latest cumulative update for IE is not showing up on WU.

And i just installed IE7 without the option to download and install the latest updates for it. Strange. :huh:

Also another thing that i was waiting for SP3 to fix, is that after a couple of reboots many icons on the taskbar

starting to disappear. Icons Like AVG 8.0, Getright, Sound (speaker icon), nVidia icon. There are only a couple of icons showing

and the rest that are not, are working in the background. For example if i run GetRight again the main program's window comes up and the icon appears again on the taskbar.

You mean the taskbar notification area? That auto hides after a set amount of time, you have to right click on taskbar/properties and select Taskbar and choose to Always Show certain icons you select.

Should I install this on my machine at work? I'm scared.. there's just too many important stuffs in my computer, but would love to get it installed

How safe is this? :D

Should I install this on my machine at work? I'm scared.. there's just too many important stuffs in my computer, but would love to get it installed

How safe is this? :D

For work that's a NO, until tested and approved by your system admins. If your the system admin then install it on a test box not in a live production system.

For the people that didn't want to download the leaked service pack from other sources, now you can download it directly from Microsoft. This is the full 316 meg file. It's on the Windows Update servers but I don't think it's available via windows update yet.

Download - English

Download - German

Download - Russian

Download - Spanish

All versions verified as build 5512

MD5 for English Version: BB25707C919DD835A9D9706B5725AF58

MD5 for German Version: 265246926AA44BD767B0C11F80C084F1

MD5 for Russian Version: E38B5C19A3D12AE8DE0A12B1E098DD73

MD5 for Spanish Version: A3FC7285F1EE00CA57B06C6E7C875CA8

French version ?? :(

For work that's a NO, until tested and approved by your system admins. If your the system admin then install it on a test box not in a live production system

Well I'm the system admin of my own computer lol (it's a small company) .. but installing it on a test box is different than installing it on my machine with all the registry junks+installed programs in there!

Definately. I missed XP. Everything feels so fast...I am like amazed.

(Y) I would be back in Windows XP Land if not that I have a torrent that's going to take some time to finish.

Why couldn't Microsoft just do a Windows XP R2 or R3 instead of Vista. :cry:

I have installed it (after a fresh format) and all ok so far. Only a couple of updates on WU and nothing else!

By the way i've installed IE7 after the SP3 and the latest cumulative update for IE is not showing up on WU.

And i just installed IE7 without the option to download and install the latest updates for it. Strange. :huh:

Also another thing that i was waiting for SP3 to fix, is that after a couple of reboots many icons on the taskbar

starting to disappear. Icons Like AVG 8.0, Getright, Sound (speaker icon), nVidia icon. There are only a couple of icons showing

and the rest that are not, are working in the background. For example if i run GetRight again the main program's window comes up and the icon appears again on the taskbar.

I dled sp3 from Microsoft and installed it on 4 of the 5 machines that I run. It was a painless install on all and seems to run very well. UNTIL ... I loaded it on my HP Media Center2005. The media center machine went into a reboot loop. When I uninstalled the sp3 it went back to normal. I had the same problem with the RC. I would like to get sp3 to work on my MCE. Have not been able to find any help on google.

Well that was nice, I just upgraded via WU and now my machine doesn't boot. It just hangs at the XP Loading Screen. Wonderful......

i just installed SP3 on my work machine via WU this morning. it was painless.

btw, a few weeks ago i had installed a late version of SP3 RC on this same machine and i had that problem where my computer wouldnt boot. it would start to load windows and then BSOD w/ an error message. this did not happen with the WU version/final version.

Edited by Jdawg683