XP SP3 Integrated Images on MSDN & Technet!

...But I see where the real problem is. You - obviously - don't understand what a "hash" is. It's not the stuff you smoke!...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Good one!

Could someone suggest a good SHA-1 app (preferably GUI) for Windows?

Signing HashTab. Right click on file -> properties and go to file hashes tab. It calculates MD5, SHA-1 and CRC32 hashes automatically. There is also option to compare it to either of three values. Simple and straightforward.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Good one!

Signing HashTab. Right click on file -> properties and go to file hashes tab. It calculates MD5, SHA-1 and CRC32 hashes automatically. There is also option to compare it to either of three values. Simple and straightforward.

the hashtab website says it supports all windows platforms but the previous version has an x86 and x64 version. does 2.00 work on x64 as well?

edit: nvm. just looked at the updates and it fixes something for x64 bit windows. so i guess it does work :)

Interesting looking. How well does it work for large files like this though? When you click onto that tab, does it grind through all those checks automatically?
Once you click the tab it starts hashing automatically (in a separate thread, so it won't halt the GUI). It shows a nice progress bar as it goes along. You can decide which hashes it will show by right clicking and going into the "very straight-forward" settings window. After trying out a bunch of hashing programs, I find this to be the easiest non-disturbing method to quickly check hashes.

Try it out. I'm sure you'll like it.

nice to know however i seam to be having and issue with my subscription. right now it is showing however it is grayed out. not too sure what is up with that. worked for Vista not sure why XP would be any different.

it means your (and mine) subscription level isnt high enough

I guess you cant do anything with the basic "register with the website" and maybe get a couple of newletters - you have to be using the pay-service memberships (about $1000 / person)

;(

I was troubled also, I thought - cool - now I dont have to make it w/ SlipstreamXP !

Yeah man, posted ALLLLLLL the way back on May 2nd 2008. That WAS a long while ago, wasn't it?

I never said May 2nd. It was posted before that, but hey, by your sarcasm I can tell you obviously know so much more about it than I do. I won't even bother to explain to you why the date of the post is irrelevant. Do a little research before you question someone's knowledge.

I have been running SP3 since I downloaded it from MSDN on 04/23 and have so far found nothing about it worth 63 posts. To the average user it is just SP2 plus 90-something patches.

No, and no. IE7 and WMP11 were not part of SP3, so they wouldn't be integrated.

Is it possible to include/slipstream these into the CD?

No, and no. IE7 and WMP11 were not part of SP3, so they wouldn't be integrated.

ty my friend.

One last question, i have my own LEGIT VLK key. Can i install this release, with my key correct ? I mean, it'll just work fine correct ?

ty my friend.

One last question, i have my own LEGIT VLK key. Can i install this release, with my key correct ? I mean, it'll just work fine correct ?

If you have volume license key then yes. If you have retail key using it on volume XP won't work, use/downlad retail setup. Same goes for OEM key (sticker on your computer).

Anyone have a reputable source for the SHA-1 hash of the retail XP Pro CD?

Microsoft?

1c735b38931bf57fb14ebd9a9ba253ceb443d459

Edit: Did you ask for slipstreamed XP SP3 MSDN release (above) or original XP release?

Microsoft?

1c735b38931bf57fb14ebd9a9ba253ceb443d459

Edit: Did you ask for slipstreamed XP SP3 MSDN release (above) or original XP release?

The MSDN release, as only the info for the VL was posted here. I don't want to grab an ISO from a torrent and trust the hashes posted on the torrent site. I guess I'll have to trust that you got that hash from MSDN. It's the same string that I've seen elsewhere.

Thanks.

Don't worry. I'm not interested in what you're going to do. What you do is your business. :) Just wanted to make sure I got your question right.

The hash is correct. It's been posted many times on Technet forums (where I got it) and you can see it from screenshots posted by MSDN subscribers asking which one to download (volume or retail). You can verify it yourself by going through forums/press releases on Microsoft's site.