Anyone tried Haze? It's terrible!

I wasn't impressed with the demo either. I am thankful though to see co-op play. Games need more co-op. If I want deathmatch etc I can play any other damn FPS :(

The demo is old code

If they wanted us to buy the game they would use the most recent and up-to-date coded and textures they could find so we get as much of the experience in that short timespan as possible. Unless they don't want anyone to buy it...

If they wanted us to buy the game they would use the most recent and up-to-date coded and textures they could find so we get as much of the experience in that short timespan as possible. Unless they don't want anyone to buy it...

Rubbish. Developers don't spend all their time wanting to make demo's for us to play. They clearly state its 'work in progress' and on the Ubi forums they have told people it's old code.

A demo is intended to give us a quick blast and show us roughly what to expect. If Ubi/FRD are saying its old code, the full retail release will be better than the demo. Common sense really.

Rubbish. Developers don't spend all their time wanting to make demo's for us to play. They clearly state its 'work in progress' and on the Ubi forums they have told people it's old code.

A demo is intended to give us a quick blast and show us roughly what to expect. If Ubi/FRD are saying its old code, the full retail release will be better than the demo. Common sense really.

Rubbish? Not quite. If a demo doesn't look good how will I know if the final product gets better? That's the thing about demos, they should always be based on finished code. They're quickly becoming pure tech demos and that's only going to hurt them (the developers) in the long run. I'd be much more inclined to buy a game I've never played than one I've played and "sucked".

I don't want to see "the build from months ago", I want to try the game that's going on the shelves you know? That's the purpose of a demo imo.

Rubbish? Not quite. If a demo doesn't look good how will I know if the final product gets better? That's the thing about demos, they should always be based on finished code. They're quickly becoming pure tech demos and that's only going to hurt them (the developers) in the long run. I'd be much more inclined to buy a game I've never played than one I've played and "sucked".

I don't want to see "the build from months ago", I want to try the game that's going on the shelves you know? That's the purpose of a demo imo.

The reality is they are not always final code. Most demos use old code. In Haze's case, the code from last year has been greatly cleaned up and improved. The dev's main task was getting the game finished, not producing another playable demo on new code.

The reality is they are not always final code. Most demos use old code. In Haze's case, the code from last year has been greatly cleaned up and improved. The dev's main task was getting the game finished, not producing another playable demo on new code.

That's just too bad. I hope shareware gets back from the grave.

That's just too bad. I hope shareware gets back from the grave.

Thing is with a game like Haze that was delayed due to the dev's not being happy with how it looked/played, the demo code is always going to seem a bit crappy.

Look at the Forza2 demo, that was awful. Then again the full game wasn't much better, but my point is still valid. The demo was poor, the full game was better.

Many games use older code and get away with it as the full release hasn't changed a great deal, or at all (Bioshock for example).

Thing is with a game like Haze that was delayed due to the dev's not being happy with how it looked/played, the demo code is always going to seem a bit crappy.

Look at the Forza2 demo, that was awful. Then again the full game wasn't much better, but my point is still valid. The demo was poor, the full game was better.

Many games use older code and get away with it as the full release hasn't changed a great deal, or at all (Bioshock for example).

Then why bother? Demos should show off the game, not put it down.

As for your other two examples, really bad choices... The Forza2 demo was a final build and the Bioshock demo looked exactly like the full game, final build or not, it did what it had to do, showcase how the game played and looked.

I'm sorry but I just lost you there... of course the full game was better, it had all the content and functionality. The demo only had one track and 20 cars to choose from.

Then why bother? Demos should show off the game, not put it down.

As for your other two examples, really bad choices... The Forza2 demo was a final build and the Bioshock demo looked exactly like the full game, final build or not, it did what it had to do, showcase how the game played and looked.

I'm sorry but I just lost you there... of course the full game was better, it had all the content and functionality. The demo only had one track and 20 cars to choose from.

I said Bioshock was a good demo. Forza2 demo was not final code at all.

I'm talking graphically here, more than anything else. As for the Haze demo putting the game down, it doesn't at all. I personally think it paints a nice picture of what we can expect (and more).

Forza 2 Demo played and looked exactly like the retail counterpart - Most Demos do. ( Except when using the Microsoft Wheel )

Using "Old" code is such a thin excuse, if the demo sucked, there's a 95% chance the retail game will suck too.

A few fixes here and there ain't gonna help.

You've clearly made your mind up about it, not a surprise really seeing as its a PS3 exclusive. Would be different if the game was coming to the 360.

The game is nothing special, its just an FPS, like Halo.

You've clearly made your mind up about it, not a surprise really seeing as its a PS3 exclusive. Would be different if the game was coming to the 360.

The game is nothing special, its just an FPS, like Halo.

Ah yes, the all-knowing popsidead sliding in another fanboy reference, classic (Y)

For your information, i dislike a lot of Xbox 360 titles, such as Halo 3 ( All the Halo games ), even the famous Gears of War - That's because i actually play games i like, not because they are exclusive. So feel free to believe a few 'code' changes is gonna transform the game from a generic shooter, like we have a million of already, to a flagship shooter jam packed with exciting new features.

The game could be an exclusive to the 360, the PS3 or even the Gameboy for all i care - It's still a boring shooter to me.

Could you also loosen up on that whole "Fanboys, all of you!" attitude.

Ah yes, the all-knowing popsidead sliding in another fanboy reference, classic (Y)

Not at all, it just seems (and not just you) that people are quickly writing off this game for no real reason other than the demo was poor. I personally didn't think the demo was that poor, the fact that Haze is so much more than what the demo showed also baffles me how people can write off a demo at this stage? Then on top of that the demo is using 6+ month old code and we all know it was delayed to clean it up, so again, why write it off?

For your information, i dislike a lot of Xbox 360 titles, such as Halo 3 ( All the Halo games ), even the famous Gears of War - That's because i actually play games i like, not because they are exclusive. So feel free to believe a few 'code' changes is gonna transform the game from a generic shooter, like we have a million of already, to a flagship shooter jam packed with exciting new features.

The game could be an exclusive to the 360, the PS3 or even the Gameboy for all i care - It's still a boring shooter to me.

Like I said above, I wasn't referring to you alone but the simple fact that you admit to not liking FPS games but still feel obliged to post how crap they are also has me baffled.

You don't like the generic (Haze is hardly generic in the truest sense) FPS', don't continuously post in generic FPS' posts? We know where you stand with them and your opinions will surely be ignored as you are biased towards non generic FPS games?

I thought this game was suppose to be amazing...?

From the demo, I'm really looking forward to playing it.

So are you telling me, i can't write off a product from the Demo? That is exactly what demos are meant to do, help you decide if you want to play the game or not!

If the developers decide to use old code or release a bad demo, that's not my fault, is it? A Demo is as much part of a games advertising as posters, reviews and general media attention.

Releasing a bad demo is like showing off a 'historical' correct product and saying it contains Giant Enemy Crabs ( Sorry :laugh: )

Secondly, this is a public forum where everybody is allowed to share opinion and views. You posted something about Demos in general where i had a different opinion.

You then proceed to shoot off a rather condescending comment which i reply to. So stop painting it like i keep returning just to trash Haze.

So are you telling me, i can't write off a product from the Demo? That is exactly what demos are meant to do, help you decide if you want to play the game or not!

If the developers decide to use old code or release a bad demo, that's not my fault, is it? A Demo is as much part of a games advertising as posters, reviews and general media attention.

Releasing a bad demo is like showing off a 'historical' correct product and saying it contains Giant Enemy Crabs ( Sorry :laugh: )

Secondly, this is a public forum where everybody is allowed to share opinion and views. You posted something about Demos in general where i had a different opinion.

You then proceed to shoot off a rather condescending comment which i reply to. So stop painting it like i keep returning just to trash Haze.

Feel better?

The enemy giant crabs is almost as good as digital downloads being the key way to deliver medium in the next 2 years.

Feel better?

Wow, the other members were right, you do jump ship rather quickly.

And you thought the crab thing was a dig at the Playstation 3 - You do have some serious issues, what there hell did you come from :no:

Wow, the other members were right, you do jump ship rather quickly.

And you thought the crab thing was a dig at the Playstation 3 - You do have some serious issues, what there hell did you come from :no:

So what was the crab comment for then if not having a sly dig at Sony?

a demo is like a shop window, its got to look attractive for you to delve inside.

the demo is poor, not excited about this game and won't buy it

Okay, just so you can relax.

I was talking to my friend on MSN when he sent me this link; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g1fr5vk72M this just reminded me and was a perfect example in my post.

But in the future i will watch out if my examples are Sony related, so you won't be offended.

You have mistaken me here, I'm not upset or offended. I asked what, if not a sly dig at Sony, was the point of bringing up the crab thing?

Forza 2 Demo played and looked exactly like the retail counterpart

You need to get yourself a set of glasses then mate. Cause the demo didnt look the same. ALOT more jaggies, cars sink into walls for a good 6/8 inches, handleing doesnt seem as solid, background was slightly blurryer.

Final game doesnt have any of that.