Proof that Diablo 3 is Coming!?

Unless they're moving Diablo to the consoles (which is possible imo), I don't think they're going to announce Diablo 3 until atleast a year after the release of Starcraft 2.

Who cares how long it takes. I'm stoked for blizzard to keep me entertained for years to come :)

Anyone up for an all night starcraft binge on bnet?

It is possible that the "Top Secret MMO Project" jobs are for WOTLK, because if I remember correctly, they have been there even before the second WoW expansion was announced.

"Sorry to get your hopes up, but we can officially deny that Diablo is on our cover next month. We?re announcing something big and exciting and exclusive (actually, there are two big exciting exclusive announcements in this issue!), and we had to go a long way to get it, but it?s not from Blizzard." said Dan Stapleton (PC Gamer Magazine, Senior Associate Editor).

Found this on www.diablo3.com (or www.diablofans.com, which ever it is now)

It is possible that the "Top Secret MMO Project" jobs are for WOTLK, because if I remember correctly, they have been there even before the second WoW expansion was announced.

Yeah but I'm pretty sure they classify all WoW games and expansion as just World of Warcraft. The little icon speaks for itself, and I never saw a Burning Crusades one, and I doubt there's a WOTLK one. You could be right, but it's just a doubt in my mind. However, there could be 2 Top Secret projects, D3 could be one, and be 3D, but not necessarily an MMO, and another MMO they're making. Why they'd not make it an MMO with the success they've had, is a good question, but is possible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OMG!!!

http://www.xfire.com/cms/xf_wwi08/

The Blizzard Worldwide Invitational, to be held in Paris on June 28th & 29th is sold out! If you can't attend, Xfire will be on the showfloor, bringing the event straight to your computer!

Get behind the scenes with Xfire during WWI to:

?Follow the opening ceremony and discover what new game will be announced in our chat rooms together with hundreds of other Blizzard fans > ? Learn what the pros think of the latest Starcraft 2 developments, including the Zerg race

? Discover the latest version of the 2nd WoW Expansion, Wrath of the Lich King

? Meet the Blizzard devs and ask them your questions

? Get to see exclusive pictures and videos from the event

? Follow the invitational WoW Arena, Warcraft 3 and Starcraft tournaments

Come back here starting June 27th for our first news updates about the event. In the meantime, you can register for the chat rooms by entering your email address on the right hand side of this page.

diablo3coming.jpg

JediXAngel

As much as I trust that image, I'm going to go ahead and say that it may be faked.

A few peopler run their own servers for WoW, and could easily give themselves "GM" status, and send that to a person,..

The person could just take a screen cap and highlight it.

Unless that's you playing.

Anyone starting to wonder if Diablo 3 will be a MMO?

Heaven VS Hell would make an amazing mmo.

Kind of like Alliance vs Horde.

Anyone starting to wonder if Diablo 3 will be a MMO?

Nope, blizz wouldn't compete with them selfs. WoW is raking in the cash. Spending millions to develop an MMO wouldn't be the brighest of ideas.

Nope, blizz wouldn't compete with them selfs. WoW is raking in the cash. Spending millions to develop an MMO wouldn't be the brighest of ideas.

Sorry, I disagree.

WoW players and Diablo players are two completely different markets.

A Diablo MMO would be really interesting! I'm not a fan of MMO's played a bit of WoW, but not seriously - however a Diablo MMO... hmmm that's piqued my interest!!

Pretty sure they'd be all for experimenting with a second MMO. It's not like they're stealing business from anyone. Not to mention with all the success WoW has had, why not try and attract more players to the MMO...ness? Regardless, I'd be happy with whatever genre Diablo 3 is... within reason, obviously.

Hardly. They both feature fantasy creatures and magic. Not correct me if I'm wrong. But that sounds a lot like WoW to everyone who doesn't dribble over every detail released. Now if it was a Starcraft MMO, that would be a diffrent matter. :)

Sorry, I disagree.

It wouldnt be a completely different market if Diablo is to become a MMORPG.

I will crap myself if this really is..Diablo III coming out. If not..we will be all let down..again.

A Diablo III would be great either way but I think a Hybrid Approach would be awesome. Expand on the Age of Conan Idea and have the game capable of being an MMO whilst containing the usual great Diablo single player storyline. For those that don't know in Age of Conan you enter "night mode" (obviously change that perhaps) and when in this mode its all single player/main lore driven and its quite extensive. However when you want to mix it up with other players, run instances, or do perhaps some non storyline specific quests, boom back to "day mode" and your in the usual MMO environment with other players running around etc.

Blizzard is the only company I would trust to make Diablo 3 more epic than Diablo 2. Whether they make it an MMO or not or possibly even a hybrid I am sure that is will still be entertaining and keep me addicted for years. I mean it's Blizzard we are talking about here.