Proof that Diablo 3 is Coming!?

I suppose it's never occurred to some of you that Blizzard has a nasty habit of recycling visual elements across their games. Not to mention the original Diablo teams have long since been disbanded. Jedi, you get your panties in a twist over crap like this all the time, and more often than not, it falls through.

I liked Diablo as much as the next person, but it's highly unlikely to ever happen, and if it did, chances are it wouldn't have the same feel.

Not to mention I question how accurate his comment about "Diablo teams have long since been disbanded" is....

Not to mention I question how accurate his comment about "Diablo teams have long since been disbanded" is....

Question what? The majority of that team, what was formerly known as Blizzard North, went on to found a new company and create Hellgate: London. D3 was in development, but it was trashed because the product that team was churning out was considered to be sub-par with the quality people expect from Blizzard. Hence, Blizzard North goes bye-bye, and they go on to create the mediocre cludge that is Hellgate: London.

I mean, if you guys want to play just some product with 'Diablo' stamped on it, more power to you. But it has to be pretty damn good to live up to the legacy, and I personally don't want to play a Diablo game that is shot out there just to suck in some cash.

*SIGH* some of you are NOT thinking really smart...

Or it could just be we don't read in to things too much. If a girl winks at you, do you think you're going to jump in to bed with each other?

What about "Hel' rune, then?

Could very easily be Frostmourne.

Why WOTLK, when it's Already BEEN announced? What's the point?

Because it's a major source of revenue to the company. It has 11 million accounts (active - apparently). Even if half of those bought the expansion and played for three months (say on average that would be the time taken to get from 70-80) I could only imagine the amount of dosh that would be rolling in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blizzard_North

He's fairly correct.

I guess I was proven wrong then :p

But for the future, make sure you provide as source (@ 39 Thieves) when you make statements like that. :)

Blizzard North was a sub division of Blizzard. it does not matter Blizzard North made Diablo. Blizzard still owns the IP for it. so stop your winning that bilzzard north made diablo it does not matter blizzard can still make diablo 3

so stop your winning that bilzzard north made diablo it does not matter blizzard can still make diablo 3

Correct.

But you still need a team to develop it. :p

Correct.

But you still need a team to develop it. :p

Yeah, it's already know that they have a third team working on a yet to be announced project :)

Wow. I never expected it to be Diablo 3. Blizzard will seriously pwn if they release StarCraft 2 as well as Diablo 3.

It's going to be the anncounement of King Beta or somethine else major, or they are going to tell us what "Project Hydra" is.

If it's WoW related ya, that's awesome. But I have to say i'm dying with curiousity as to what Hydra is.

:o Holy crap.. that's worse than the Did Harvey Oswald act alone? conspiracy theories..

He didn't. :p

I'll believe that if another letter shows up.

The fact Hellgate sucked so much gives me great faith that Diablo 3 will be great. It shows to me that it is the system not the actual team that makes Blizzard make good games. Also Blizzard has NEVER done a teaser for a game they have already announced. Why would they start now? And if they put up a splash picture with fire on it everyone would know that it is Diablo 3 so they are not going to make it obvious. Blizzard is an entertainment company but who says that their customers are the only ones who get to be entertained? I think they have as much fun teasing us about their secret projects as we do playing the game when it finally comes out.

He didn't. :p

:rofl:

Also Blizzard has NEVER done a teaser for a game they have already announced. Why would they start now?

Last year, they announced Starcraft 2 at Blizzcon. The year before that, it was Wrath of the Lich King.

Each year they've made a big stink about everything they had to show.

This is the first year I can say in recent memory that in order to goto Blizzcon you have to be 18 or older, or have a parent or guardian present to accompany you.

That makes me extremely suspicious that something's going on.

Yeah, I'll be happy as all get the **** out if they announce Diablo 3.. (I'm an ex 83 Druid, 73 Assassin, and 87 Bowazon), but, I'm not going overboard like most of these fans are.

I certainly hope it's D3!! :D

Well, the ice its melting so its something hot... as hell :shifty:

Well, the ice its melting so its something hot... as hell :shifty:

:shifty:

Scirwode