31 days of the dragon - Entries

My first reply did not show up.

This is my entry for the HP Dragon: Beowulf and Oldenbear's Quest

beowulf.mp3

It's supposed to be if you get a real dragon. You should read the whole book and sell it as an audiobook though lol.

If a mod could delete my last 2 submissions that would be great, seeing how they where about the laptop and not an actual dragon.

Now for my correct submission

This is the one I want to be judged on, not the other 2 that will be deleted.

The point of view of my entry is what happens when your dragon dies.

I call this "Death of a Dragon"

deathofadragon.mp3

Hi, do i have to answer the question as me or can i answer the question as another person (e.g. like a president, a granny etc etc)?

Doesn't matter really, I think it's totally up to you.

I am so happy for this contest! I have entered every one of them and have not won yet. In every contest I wanted to win so I could use the Dragon as a tool for my music... Now I have a chance, you all can see how serious I am about winning this laptop. I am a folk/country singer and I know it is not very popular but I love what I do and I hope you all enjoy the short little song I created very fast using audacity.

I still have hope for winning this Dragon.

Thank you Neowin for giving me this opportunity and voting for me.

Hugs

Mya

NeowinDragonSong.mp3

I am so happy for this contest! I have entered every one of them and have not won yet. In every contest I wanted to win so I could use the Dragon as a tool for my music... Now I have a chance, you all can see how serious I am about winning this laptop. I am a folk/country singer and I know it is not very popular but I love what I do and I hope you all enjoy the short little song I created very fast using audacity.

Hugs

Mya

i'm striving to win myself because as of today my computer finally died out on me when i was editing a video for another contest.

me being poor, winning this would be a high blessing.

A lot of cool entries so far, but I notice that a lot of persons are not meeting the criteria unless I am misinterpreting.

- Persons are sending entries like they already own a dragon, the rule said 'if'.

- When Rob says real dragons is he referring to the mythical fire breathing dragon or the over grown lizards that live on an island and are known to attack humans, eat meat and have a poisonous saliva that can kill you if you come in contact with it. I hear if you actually touch them you can die since their body carry a lot of dangerous bacteria. So its kinda hard to imagine people owning one of these. I think they are also known as monitor lizards.

A lot of cool entries so far, but I notice that a lot of persons are not meeting the criteria unless I am misinterpreting.

- Persons are sending entries like they already own a dragon, the rule said 'if'.

- When Rob says real dragons is he referring to the mythical fire breathing dragon or the over grown lizards that live on an island and are known to attack humans, eat meat and have a poisonous saliva that can kill you if you come in contact with it. I hear if you actually touch them you can die since their body carry a lot of dangerous bacteria. So its kinda hard to imagine people owning one of these. I think they are also known as monitor lizards.

Good thing they aren't real huh? : winks :

Of course with all the dead members, I might have a chance at the thing... hmmmm. ;)

Good thing they aren't real huh? : winks :

Of course with all the dead members, I might have a chance at the thing... hmmmm. ;)

Not to mention they are darn ugly! LOL! about the dead members.

Hugs

Mya

Okay I realized I need a post about a real Dragon so here is my song about a Dragon I fell in love with and it just wasn't safe falling in love with a Dragon... Heck where's a girl to put him... Hahaha kinda reminds me of Donkey and his Dragon Wife off of Shrek! LOL

So without further ado, here you go...oh ya remember it's a country song :)

Hope you like it! it's called 'Thanks Dragon',

Mya

Sooo my song "Thanks Dragon" is my entry for the contest out of the 2 songs I made.

Thanksdragon4.mp3

Haha, I'm kinda humiliated.. I went to the internet cafe this morning and recorded it.. lol.. I don't a PC, never owned.. I'm just renting it.. I'm just a poor guy from the Philippines (as most people are)..

People laughing and looking at me while recording this.. They thought I was stupid hahaha.. Wish I own a PC :)

Ok Here's my entry

The whole story is that If I had a Dragon, I'll sell it... lol... That's why I'm advertising it..

What would I do with the money?? Buy a computer of course :p or maybe a start a whole new life...

ccc.mp3

Well, I can categorically state that no entries will be judged on the criteria of "adherence to recognised folklore"! In other words, don't worry too much if you ignore any fact related to poisonous saliva. The little critter can still be the life and soul of your BBQs without concern.

Man, Its going to suck for the judges to just sit around and listen to like literally "THOUSANDS" of submissions. Lets see, whats 1000 x 1minutes? Oh yeah! A THOUSAND minutes.... of individuals (mostly males) talking about a mythical ugly dragon and what they would do with it.

Thats like... almost 17hrs... Ouch!

Well, good luck to you guys, and keep those submissions coming, they're all great :p

Neztea

Man, Its going to suck for the judges to just sit around and listen to like literally "THOUSANDS" of submissions. Lets see, whats 1000 x 1minutes? Oh yeah! A THOUSAND minutes.... of individuals (mostly males) talking about a mythical ugly dragon and what they would do with it.

Thats like... almost 17hrs... Ouch!

Well, good luck to you guys, and keep those submissions coming, they're all great :p

Neztea

Wow really a thousand? I am glad I sang 2 songs than LOL

Some of the poems were really fantastic though.

I thought I went through them all there was no 1000 entries at least not yet. and all the posts in this forum are not all entries either. But there are some very good posts that's for sure!

Heh somewhat of an exaggeration! I've currently got 30 different users submitting entries.

Just wait and see ;) There is still is a few more days before the competition closes. :p

Neztea

The staff team as a whole will judge, but it's going to be me who'll edit together a summary of the best submissions in a narrated 'montage'. THAT is going to be one long night!!

Of course you get to hear my shexy voice which is a plus.