Watercolor Emico

That's not bad, I just felt that without the 'dots' in the middle it looked a little empty. That doesn't look bad though, I kinda like it. :)

I'm sure someone with a little more image manipulation knowledge than me could do this, but maybe applying a flag-like 'ripple' to the final logo [similar to the default flag] might add to it?

did capricorn release the black version today? can't find anything in last pages.

No he didn't, but given he lives in Holland, he might still release sometime tonight in our time zones, which would be morning for him.

^It's going to be released later in the morning :)

I'm still not happy with the logo either. It needs lots of work to be able to be used in the logon.

Yggdrasilly is working on shellstyles. He said he's going to release them when all the color styles are done.

I've been using Royale Vista II by dobee for over a year now, but WE Black might become my new favorite. I like everything so far except for the orange. I guess I have to blame Microsoft for that. I'm used to a light blue so it just looks wrong.

Some highlighting is the 3D grey, some is black, and some is orange. For instance, when I hover the mouse over the menus in Firefox, it's black. When I hover over buttons, it's orange. When I hover over Start Menu folders, it's 3D grey. Could we have more consistency? I like the 3D grey best.

Why is the scrollbar on the left panel in Explorer not themed like everything else? Is that part of the shellstyle?

Also, I tossed in a shellstyle I like from Royal Red by TestyAmoeba, but it won't work with WE Black. I have it as C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\WE Black\Shell\Normal Color\Shellstyle.dll like any other visual style I have installed. It works with everything else. Any ideas?

Edited by Yochanan

I like everything so far except for the orange. I guess I have to blame Microsoft for that. I'm used to a light blue so it just looks wrong.

Same here,I prefer blue to that bright orange anyday.

Orange+Black reminds me too much of LE5 Black.It's not bad...but I'd like to see WE Black as WE Black,and not WELE black. :D

I absolutely love Ergo. :) My fav blue for desktops.

@Yochanan: What do you mean with 3D grey and black highlighting? The menus have a grey highlighting for a reason. If I'd make it orange it would look just wrong. I'm following the same guidelines as the previous versions so I'm not going to change the highlight colors to a totally different color. I don't know why the grey menu hovers are inconsistent :s Look at the other styles and see how those are colored.

The scrollbar in the left pane is indeed skinned by the shellstyle.

The shellstyles aren't working because of the skin names. The folder names for the shellstyles are: BlackM, BlackC, BlackWM and BlackWC.

Yggdrasilly is working on shellstyles. He said he's going to release them when all the color styles are done.

that's all good and well but how long will that take? would be a lot better if the shellstyle was released soon or even as you release a colour style

I already posted why I didn't add a shellstyle in the 1st post. I don't use them myself because they break the theme in an ugly way. I can see this weekend if I can make a quick shellstyle but I'm not sure yet.

WOW, what a great visual style!! Loving the black theme!! Congratulations on your work, Capric0rn!! Thank you so much!!

Wow both versions of Black are amazing. I cannot decide which one to use :D

for the Black Modern, is the shade of black is wrong on the left side of the arrow.

50150398jn1.png

Edited by tehmemories

Ah thanks, seems like I forgot to change the top taskbar image. Another reason to consider an update with blue toolbar buttons :p

Thanks for the comments! :D

Here's a mockup for the shellstyles:

emicoblueshellstylecopynx1.png