3g iPhone

So now to activate the phone you have to do it in the store?? You wont be able to do it from iTunes??

mmm, no. As big a fangirl I am, I don't camp out for anything.

Besides, I'm with Sprint until ohh, October-ish. :pinch:

Id rather wait for the HTC Touch Diamond or Pro thats coming to sprint than go with the 3G iPhone with att.

So what the hell? It won't be true 3g but yet 2.5G? ONLY 2x faster than edge? Quite disapointed in this...

Anyone else?

Where did you get that info from? As far as I know, EDGE is 2.5G and the new iPhone clearly runs 3G.

Id rather wait for the HTC Touch Diamond or Pro thats coming to sprint than go with the 3G iPhone with att.

Im really liking the HTC Touch Diamond and Pro but im not a big cell phone user. I still would like to play around with one.

Any word if ATT allows corporate discounts on monthly plans with the iPhone? I know they did not allow them before. If they do give them, I will most definitely rotate to ATT and the iPhone 2.

Any word if ATT allows corporate discounts on monthly plans with the iPhone? I know they did not allow them before. If they do give them, I will most definitely rotate to ATT and the iPhone 2.

They do not allow corporate discounts at this time on individual iPhone plans.

Well I am very disappointed to see that the price of the AT&T plan for the iPhone has gone up by $10 bucks a month. Sadly that adds to the 2 year contract to make the 3G iPhone more expensive than the 2.5G iPhone.

Well I am very disappointed to see that the price of the AT&T plan for the iPhone has gone up by $10 bucks a month. Sadly that adds to the 2 year contract to make the 3G iPhone more expensive than the 2.5G iPhone.

Ya, I was trying to quietly warn people about that happening when I was saying that the price could go up to subsidize the 3G connections. :p I think it is a bad move by AT&T but they didn't ask me.

Users hands on videos on YouTube didnt seem that bad.

engadets review says it has a slight lag to it as well, but not nearly the 3 second "slow as balls" lag as the other review says

According to TUAW, the new iPhone will not be 'TRUE 3g' but rather only 2x as fast as EDGE... Maybe Cara could shed some light... if she's allowed?

I'll use my normal excuse (truth)... I'm not an engineer so I really can't speak to this. As far as I know the iPhone3(G) uses a true 3G chip...

If your defining true 3G then you would be relating to the original spec, if you are rfeferring to further addons such as HSDPA then I'm not so sure.

I hope it has HSDPA/HSUPA - if not it could be a deal breaker, we use HSDPA increasingly in Korea and the fact the camera is still 2MP, no light, kinda hurts...

Im really considering getting one when it comes out in Canada on the 11th. I really wanted a new phone and ipod touch. This is the best choice. I just want to see the rate plans on rogers before I make a decision, and knowing rogers, its going to be a lot.

Wow, if the price is really dropping to $199 for the entry level 3G iPhone, I may finally be picking one up.

Sure is. :) (Plus Tax of course)

anyone know how much it will be across the pond in UK ? $199 means nothing in tech world due to use being charged double and then tax ontop :p