3g iPhone

Hmmm. Is it going to be available legally in mainland China on the 11th as well? Because if I can't get it on PAYG here, I'll just wait until my next trip to China and pick one up while I'm there.

nope, no plan for China at all.

wonder how much rogers will anally rape anybody who wants one

yup.. i'm very curious about that as well. wondering if they will allow us to add an iphone data plan to our existing voice plan, or will they require us to switch to a whole iphone specific voice+data plan.

Id rather wait for the HTC Touch Diamond or Pro thats coming to sprint than go with the 3G iPhone with att.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. My husband is adamantly against us switching service providers so that I can get an iPhone...

Anyone heard anything about the Pay As You Go price for the iPhone 3G in the UK yet? It's the only way I'm gonna be able to get it, but if it's a sky high amount, then it's right out.

the only diff. is the 3G and GPS?

Basically, yes. There's a new colour for the back, and the price drop as well, but that's it.

yup it is!

i'm posting this from my 3G iPhone!!

woo hoo! haha...

this can't come fast enough, i hatttee the blackjack II i'm using right now...

the only diff. is the 3G and GPS?

Well, 3G, A-GPS (not GPS), better call quality, ability to use voice and data at the same time because of 3G, white and black versions and the fact its half the price it was.

What happened to your 2G iPhone ?

I sold it about a week before the WWDC.

Wanted to make sure I got rid of it before they started coming down in price...

Well, 3G, A-GPS (not GPS), better call quality, ability to use voice and data at the same time because of 3G, white and black versions and the fact its half the price it was.

Well 3g call quality is based on area. here in my area call quality is actually worse on 3g then edge. on my v3xx i had to disable 3g because call quality was so bad. data was fast but call quality sucked.

Just pointing out that the 3g iPhone's A-GPS includes standard GPS but also uses cell masts to speed up GPS satellite lookup and to further improve locating so it's better than standard GPS.

So I know NOTHING about the iPhone or phone plans. I've never owned a cell phone, all my friends say god damnit buy one, so I thought I might get to it and start with this.

Just wondering, what is the plan like for the iPhone? What are we talking about monthly for money. The initial $200 is fine. Is there a place I can see what features cost what?

Also, are these new ones unlockable? Can you hack them and **** just like the older iPhones?

the phone is 199 with a new 2 year contract. a phone plan can be quite hefty, depending on which one you get. a good plan in at&t is about 69.99 with roll-over minutes, night and mobile to mobile minutes, as well as weekend minutes. I think it is 700 minutes that I have along with this. add another line for 9.99. and on top of that,, a 29.99 data plan required for the iphone 3g.

as to your question pertaining to unlocking:

the new iphone will not be activated at home, it is an in-store process now. meaning, you have to sign up for a plan and data plan for your iphone. no one really knows the policy as far as buying the iphone, signing the contract, and breaking it (which breaking a contract costs $$$). will at&t make you return the phone? who knows, but i say there is really no point to unlock an iphone 3G unless you want to pay the contract-breaking fee.

Is the 29.99 data plan included in that 69.99 you said? I basically will only need texting and very low actual talking minutes. Everyone I know texts only.

Is the 29.99 data plan included in that 69.99 you said? I basically will only need texting and very low actual talking minutes. Everyone I know texts only.

in that case, you could do a 39.99 plan, 450 minutes, unlimited night/weekend, rollover, mobile-to-mobile.

then for 200 free text messages add $5 a month, or for 1500 text add $15, then add the $30 for data.

I am wondering if there is a way to completely rid of the data plan. I know there was a workaround with the old iphone. I really dont need 3G anywhere, since i have WiFi 90% of the time in the city.

i don't think there is a way to work around this now. before, people would call at&t AFTER they signed up with a data plan, and told them to cancel it. well, at&t caught onto this and it is not allowed anymore.

Why bother? Sprint just released the Instinct and its faster and cheaper than the icrap. It also does everything the icrap can do and more.

It was only a matter of time before someone released a product that shows apple how the icrap should have been.

Did I mention that it looks great as well? And Sprint doesnt bend you over like AT&T does for service.

hahah. thanks for the laugh. its just an iphone wannabe with a poor browser, no wifi, and no evdo revA ?