Adium 1.3 Beta

http://beta.adiumx.com/

We are thrilled to announce the availability of Adium 1.3 Beta. You can download it from the beta page or enable “Update to beta versions when available” in the Adium General preferences.

New in Adium 1.3: A brand new, gorgeous Contact Inspector which brings together all a contact’s information in one place – coalescing combined contacts’ information and accessing your Apple Address Book to give you at-a-glance information; Facebook Chat; iPhone 2.0-style filtering search in the Standard Contact List; major performance improvements; and well over 150 enhancements and bug improvements from the Adium team alone, plus major updates from our friends at libpurple and Growl. See the Beta page for the full details.

Direct DL: http://adiumx.cachefly.net/Adium_1.3b2.dmg

(1.3b1) Adium is now even more Psychic: Added to the Advanced Message preferences, "Open chats as soon as contacts begin typing"

haha.

Edited by giga

Hmm, a ton of updates. Would like to see some more MSN goodies in the update to libpurple e.g. personal messages and better support for offline messaging

Won't be using it until certain themes are updated for 1.3b tho :(

For what it's worth: 'Psychic mode' has been part of Pidgin for a while now... since version 2.0 if I'm not mistaken.

Psychic mode is great, but I prefer my unsupported build with msnp14 in my libpurple framework. If only I knew how to build my own build with a custom libpurple..

I know how to build Adium, this is easy, but libpurple, I have no clue.

• 2 weeks later...

1.3b4 is out:

Changes in Adium 1.3b4

Subversion revision: [24096]

* Fixed display of Facebook contacts in the contact list (#10073)

* Fixed an ancient bug in which the wrong event would be displayed for a contact status change, such as "Contact Came Back" when the contact disconnected. (#468, #5551)

* Switched to MSN-Pecan, a new MSN library for libpurple. It is likely this also introduces new issues, so please be patient and helpful in filing bug reports on MSN crashes and problems, searching for existing tickets first to help us help you! Notable changes with MSN-Pecan:

o Support for personal messages

o Improved error handling for networking issues

o Improved http method support

o Several random bug-fixes (networking, contactlist handling)

o Removed the 'Show display names as status messages' MSN preference, as it is no longer needed.

* Fixed storage of ordering within metacontact and groups in certain situations (#10028)

* Removed some invalid sender colors in message windows (#10219)

* Fixed moving a contact from one metacontact to another (#10188)

* Worked around a Firefox 3 problem with retrieving the current webpage's information. The bug is 427448.

* Fixed a crash when disconnecting if a Send Message action were applied to the "Contact No Longer Seen" event (#10181)

* Fixed issues with applescript and modifying statuses (#8809, #10118)

* Fixed 'go online with message' applescript command (#10082)

* Added a 'name' property for single-user chats (#8825)

* Fixed the contextual menu items for Address Book integration within the message window

* Added Italics support in the chat transcript viewer (#10086)

* Fixed problems with manually assigned address book cards and combined contacts

* Updated to Growl 1.1.4

* German, French, Danish, Swedish, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Commonwealth English, Catalan, Brazilian Portuguese, and Japanese updates

* (1.3b) Fixed a major memory leak for Facebook accounts

* (1.3b) Fixed content searching for transcripts created since 1.3b1 (#10155)

* (1.3b) Improved handling of keypresses in the standard contact list with regards to the search field (#10031)

* (1.3b) Fixed trashing chat transcripts for Google Talk and ICQ contacts (#10022)

* (1.3b) Added a hidden preference to hide group counts when collapsed. Use `defaults write com.adiumx.adiumx AIHideCollapsedGroupCount -bool YES` to hide the count (#9763, #9986)

* (1.3b) Fixed group chat bookmarks improperly hiding after a search (#10097)

* (1.3b) Contact List Expansion Issues

o Fixed issues with groups being selected when the disclosure triangle is clicked

o Fixed metacontacts expanding when the left side of the contact list row is clicked (#9979)

o Disabled click-through to expand/collapse groups

o Fixed restoration of a combined contact's collapsed state in some situations in which it would not be restore previously

* (1.3b) Improved performance when filtering the standard contact list (#10135)

* (1.3b) Fixed expansion of items in the Events pane (#10027)

* (1.3b) Improved display of Address Book information in the Contact Info Inspector (#10106)

* (1.3b) Fixed issues with tooltip display when the contact list animates a change (#9936)

* (1.3b) Fixed an issue which could prevent logging into iChat 10.5 Server when GSSAPI is enabled but not configured properly

* (1.3b) Fixed display issues when hiding the user list in the transcript viewer (#10127)

* (1.3b) Stopped Adium from beeping when dragging Facebook contacts (#10200)

* (1.3b) Fixed Address Book Integration's setting of contact icons in the address book (#10105)

* (1.3b) Fixed the Invisible status Adiumy dock icons (#10226)

* (1.3b) Fixed handling of escape and return in the social networking status window (#10007)

* (1.3b) Gadu-Gadu accounts no longer prompt to send an offline message (#10088)

* (1.3b) Improved MSN emoticons (#10182)

Download: http://adiumx.cachefly.net/Adium_1.3b4.dmg

Any more information on this?

Adium now shows MSN users' personal messages in the contact list.

* Fixed display of Facebook contacts in the contact list (#10073)

Man, I've been waiting for that one ever since I saw the change land. I was tempted to build it myself, but I figured I'd wait.

Cool, I wanted that feature at one stage but decided against too much clutter in my contact list. Still, +1 for more features :)

1.3b5 is out.

Changes in Adium 1.3b5

Subversion revision: [24103]

• Fixed an issue that caused settings for combined contacts created automatically from the Address Book to be lost after Adium restarted (#8742) (1.3b4)
  • Fixed a Facebook build error which prevented Facebook support from loading

Download: http://adiumx.cachefly.net/Adium_1.3b5.dmg

how do you turn it off though? i really don't want to see most of the useless personal messages.