Adium 1.3 Beta

that also hides that busy/away messages too.

i want to keep those, but not show the stupid custom messages people put after their alias (like how it was in previous versions).

i want to keep status messages, but not show personal custom messages.

Ok, I know this is not official and not supported, but some people may like these custom builds. There's one person that asked me in a PM here, so I thought it would be good to just share it.

People using the MSN protocol, take a look at this site, it may be worth it. Adium with msnp15. Not all features are there, but there's offline messaging at least.

The more people they have to test it, the better the feedback will be and the easier it will be to find and fix the bugs.

Site : http://forums.cocoaforge.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17585

1.3b6 is out.

Changes in Adium 1.3b6

Subversion revision: [24166]

• Fixed ICQ connectivity
  • Drag & Drop
  • Fixed drag & drop to the bottom of groups (#10257)
  • Greatly improved drag & drop aesthetics
  • Fixed persistent drag highlights after finishing a drag & drop operation (#10195)
  • We now recollapse items automatically expanded in the contact list during a drag & drop operation (#10254)
  • Fixed autolinking error when links were surrounded by spaces and parentheses
  • (1.3b) Fixed sent messages in MSN group chats being shown twice in the chat window (#10270)
  • (1.3b) Fixed visual glitches in the Events preference pane and Get Info tab on Mac OS X 10.4 (#9893, #10020, #9886)
  • (1.3b) Fixed logging into certain Jabber servers (#10265)
  • it, fr_CA, and German localization updates

Download: http://adiumx.cachefly.net/Adium_1.3b6.dmg

1.3b7 is out.

Changes in Adium 1.3b7

Subversion revision: [24261]

• Fixed many memory leaks and a possible crash, found by the Clang analyzer
  • Fixed sending of invalid XML when asked for our version information in XMPP, which effectively broke XMPP connectivity. (Bug introduced in 1.3b6) (#10324)
  • Improved handling of invalid XML over XMPP (#10347, #10353)
  • Hopefully fixed a bug which caused an XMPP contact to infinitely flip between two groups shortly after authorization (#8834)
  • Further improvements to autolinking speed

Download: http://adiumx.cachefly.net/Adium_1.3b7.dmg

# Fixed sending of invalid XML when asked for our version information in XMPP, which effectively broke XMPP connectivity. (Bug introduced in 1.3b6) (#10324)

# Improved handling of invalid XML over XMPP (#10347, #10353)

Good thing those are fixed, there was a possibility of two bad clients interacting and causing one of them to repeatedly cycle on and off the network.

:whistle:

Hmm they have like 27 bugs to fix under 6 days? Will they make it in time? Or sacrifice a couple of bugs for 1.3.1 or just delay it?

Depends on which bugs can be fixed between now and the 13th. Minor bugs will be dealt with in 1.3.x releases; potential showstoppers will cause a delayed release. Looking at the list of open tickets for 1.3.0 I don't see any real showstopper though.

• 2 weeks later...

1.3 b9 is out.

Changes in Adium 1.3b9

Subversion revision: [24466]

• Fixed lengthy delay before sending messages after connecting an AIM or ICQ account with a large number of ICQ contacts on its contact list (#10350)
  • Fixed issues with contact list ordering, including a 10.4 bug in which contacts could not be ordered immediately below combined contacts (#10255)
  • Fixed issue that could cause sounds to stop working when Adium was upgraded if a default sound set was in use
  • Fixed an intermittent crash after sending an image via AIM Direct IM
  • The New Message prompt no longer requires specifying the source account for the new chat
  • Fixed an issue which could make newlines disappear when copying and pasting from Safari, Word, and other applications in certain situations (#10474)
  • Fixed duplication of newline characters in chat message history (#10496)
  • Improved AutoHyperlinking performance and fixed several autolinking bugs
  • We now respect the 'last name first' per-contact setting from the Address Book (#10327)
  • %n, %d, and %t are no longer substituted in the middle of a word (#10500)
  • Fixed many memory leaks (#10448, #10449, #10450, #10451, #10452, #10453, #10454, #10455, #10456, #10466, #10468, #10470)
  • Improved baseline memory usage of Adium
  • Added "MobileMe" service (#10399)
  • Improved display of Zephyr contacts in group chats (#3548)
  • Dutch, French, sv, Finnish, pt, ru, en_AU, fr_CA, it updates

Beta issues

• Fixed a number of MSN crashes and bugs (#10278, #10299, #10348, #10263, #10280)
  • Fixed display of timestamps by default in the Chat Transcript Viewer
  • Fixed a crash when a Facebook error occurred
  • Fixed display of certain status messages in the contact list
  • Fixed issues with status in Applescript (#10118)
  • Fixed display of /me on some message styles (#10102)
  • The 'clear' contextual menu item is now available in group chats (#10394)
  • Fixed problems with the Contact Info Inspector when certain Adium 1.2 plugins, including the Time Zone Plugin, are installed
  • Fixed invalid emoticonification of '1414' (#10335)

Changes in Adium 1.3b8

Adium 1.3b8 was pulled due to problems. Its changes are listed for 1.3b9.

Same here Pero, however seems to be some mystical impossibility, of which we Apple users can only dream off.

Adium is sister to Pidgin on Windows. When Pidgin gets it, Adium gets it. It's a limitation of libpurple.

Adium is sister to Pidgin on Windows. When Pidgin gets it, Adium gets it. It's a limitation of libpurple.

Well put,

Not to mention that one of the video APIs or something is changing in the next version of "Windows Live Messenger" so why develop for something that'll be out of date?

Pidgin has to support audio/video on a wide range of protocols, on MSN, AIM, Jabber (Jingle for Google Talk and other clients and a version for iChat, if they bother with that) and any other protocol it supports that supports a/v

So first they need a good base (i.e. protocol agnostic), then they need to wire it up to the protocols, then Adium need to wire a UI and such onto it

Edit: Also, http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/GSoC2008/VoiceAndVideo Audio and Video working on Jabber with Google Talk.

Edited by The_Decryptor

Guys, you are totally wrong on this, even i assumed same about Adium and was shocked not able to configure IRC after installing (my company has IRC server setup for sharing info)

So then i went to internets and saw Adium does not have IRC support at all in any forum (plugin/mod etc). even when Pidgin has it all along.

So i found the answer here >> http://trac.adiumx.com/wiki/InternetRelayChat .

To quote :-

Adium does not currently support IRC.

We do have a plug-in that adds support, but it is incomplete and not ready for general distribution. IRC support will require much more work on Adium's general support for multi-user chat before our attention will turn specifically to IRC. In particular, we don't have user interface for most of the IRC-specific features, such as modes and topics.

But Pidgin Supports IRC!

Remember, Adium is not simply the Mac version of Pidgin. We use the same core library, but the rest of Adium and the rest of Pidgin are totally separate programs.

So ya, Lets not assume that if Pidgin has it, Adium gets it. :)

P.S:- First post on neowin using Mac and i am switcher from linux. if all goes well and mac keeps behaving this good as i go on doing my daily Linux administration and web-developing work, I see myself on macbook by year end.

In other news they renamed .Mac

I know what MobileMe is, I'm a subscriber :laugh:

How on earth have they incorporated it into Adium though?

I know what MobileMe is, I'm a subscriber :laugh:

How on earth have they incorporated it into Adium though?

iChat, as always :)

iChat is pretty good by itself without Adium.

Guys, you are totally wrong on this, even i assumed same about Adium and was shocked not able to configure IRC after installing (my company has IRC server setup for sharing info)

So then i went to internets and saw Adium does not have IRC support at all in any forum (plugin/mod etc). even when Pidgin has it all along.

So i found the answer here >> http://trac.adiumx.com/wiki/InternetRelayChat .

To quote :-

So ya, Lets not assume that if Pidgin has it, Adium gets it. :)

P.S:- First post on neowin using Mac and i am switcher from linux. if all goes well and mac keeps behaving this good as i go on doing my daily Linux administration and web-developing work, I see myself on macbook by year end.

http://adiumx.com/blog/2007/10/happy-leopard-day/

http://trac.adiumx.com/wiki/VoiceAndVideo ;)

Both Pidgin and Adium teams are working on it together to implement it into libpurple.

• 2 weeks later...

1.3 b10 is out.

Changes in Adium 1.3b10

Subversion revision: [24523]

* Allow @ symbols in SIP account names so full user@host names can be entered.

* Fixed a bug which may have caused sporadic ordering problems (#10569)

* Fixed display of emoticons bordered by * chars. (#10525)

Beta issues:

* Fixed Facebook for new site layout

* Fixed new MobileMe account type (#10523)

* Fixed a crash after disconnecting an account (#10548)

* Reverted a 1.3b9 change which removed the account dropdown from the New Message window

* Improved autolinkification (#10532, #10579)

* Fixed placement of the 'choose card' button in the address book card selector sheet (#10529)

* Fixed a crash after a contact leaves a chat (#10600)

* Danish, fi, nb, nl, pt_BR

* Removed duplicate entry from the default Audio Notifications set.(#10582)

* libpurple im.pidgin.pidgin 2.5.0mtn @ 1036d6fc1 with msn-pecan 0.0.14 @ fab6c0fad. Fixes a number of MSN issues.