Getting new computer - crazy performance!

can anyone tell me what does "raid 0 configuration mean"? i keep hearing ppl talking about getting 2 drives and running them at raid zero config...

Basically means hard drive data is split between two drives. It also means you'll have 0 files if one of the hard drives in a RAID 0 array fail. :p

If you use this method, make sure you're backing up regularly.

Basically means hard drive data is split between two drives. It also means you'll have 0 files if one of the hard drives in a RAID 0 array fail. :p

If you use this method, make sure you're backing up regularly.

Same as if you had just one disk not in RAID and it fails I assume. I am reading up on this now so I can implement it in my next build :devil:

Yes, but RAID0 means you have at least another point of failure.

Statistically it may not be much, but from an engineering standpoint it's not that great.

hey guys - a question about the veloci raptor...

if anyone has it - can they tell me how fast will vista 32 bit start and how fast does it install the os?

and a comparison in gpu's... what will give me better performance one 9800gtx 512mb or two 8800gt's 512mb?

and i need to build another system for autocaud (not sure of spelling) and for buisness work and maybe run a little server... (not sure, this friend is weird...) budget about 1000....

hey guys, i have 2 questions about monitors...

is less ms response time better? (just making sure)

and does anyone know smaller screens than 30 inch that can go over 1920-1200 res?

Yes, but response time is a somewhat complicated issue as response time differs based on the colors additionally the method of measurement. Additionally, response time is not the only measurement of performance. Read this...or more likely, don't read it.

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.as...p;enterthread=y

In general monitors greater than 23" and smaller than 30" run 19?12.

...What motherboard did you get?....

Were you sent or ordered the wrong piece of hardware?

Remember to post your wish list before you finalize it and get it shipped so we can look over it, as this is a really long thread and it's easy to forget what some people have recommended earlier on.

This IS what I said. Hopefully you are able to return it and grab a new one somehow.

Hey guys, i built my system and it works...

But there is a big problem...

my gpu is heating up to 55-65 on regular...

and its not running as fast as i expected... it took at least 15 minutes to install windows vista ultimate 32 bit...

my cpu is running at around 39 degrees calcius and board is running at around 36...

but when i check my temps with "speedfan" it says my system is running at 88-90 dereese calcius!!!!!

please respond quickly!!!

How are you checking your temps?

What do you think is wrong with your temps?

..and about the installing windows thing...ugh. What'd you expect? Five seconds to install windows? two seconds to boot? Do realize that the disk subsystem is still the bottleneck of most computers today.

You don't appear to have any problems at all.

And even after helping you with your system, I don't really know what your system specs are.

Use CoreTemp / RealTemp to check CPU temperature.

Options -> Settings

You should see it.

thank you and do you know what "speedfan" means by system temperature, because it says its running at 90 degrees calcius...

oh and i dont know about my velociraptor...

its kind of slow compared to the benchmarks and the video's i saw...

i installed windows vista ultimate 32 bit in like 15-30 mins which is like a long time for this drive...

this is a link to a vid...

plz tell me if this is true... and if everything is alright with the drive

hey guys - i checked out a system requirements thing online and it said my video card is 1.2gigs...

could this be the reason its running so hot? is it overclocked? (i did not overclock it...