Battlefield Bad Company

So the game is out today, I've just played two matches of the multiplayer on XBL and I'm very happy with it. If any of you played the demo you'll know it was quite laggy, but I'm pleased to say I never encountered any during my play on the final game.

There is 8 maps in total and each class has the ability to unlock two weapons from ranking up. There is also 3 weapons available to unlock using credits for each class. Two of which are weapons and another "gadget", i.e the sniper can unlock a laser guided bomb on vehicles.

On top of that there is also Wildcards, Patches and Trophies which are tasks you complete online such as "20 kills with headshots". I've not checked if they are linked with 360 achievements or not, but my guess some of them are. There is 135 in total to complete.

So yeah my first impressions are very good, it feels much closer to the pc version of the game. I like the change of unlocking weapons as it gives the game another level obviously to complete. I know there was a lot of debate when COD4 went this route as it creates an "uneven" level of play in some people's eyes. At the same time though, it encourages you to play more to unlock them yourself.

There is two things which I'm a bit on the edge of though. When sniping in the demo I thought lag was causing me to miss a lot of targets, but it seems there is some actual travel time on the bullets. Which is a good thing really, it just takes some getting used to when other games out there don't use this technique.

And also with the scoring, it seems incredibly easy to rack up some stupidly high scores. In my first match the top player had over 400 points. Now fair enough if the game had been out for a while this person might have got very skilled at the game over time, but it was only released today..I suppose it's possible they played the demo a lot, but nevertheless it's very easy to get high scores.

I'll probably post back later with some more impressions when I've played more maps etc. The one I just played was called Harest Day and the map is pretty damn big and was a lot of fun to play. Lots of grassy fields etc to hide in for sniping and farm houses/barns where the Gold Crates are kept. On the final stage of attacking it reminded me a lot of Halo 3's High Ground map, where you are running up a hill side to a small village of houses and the defenders shooting down at you.

So yeah, back later after I pwn more noobz :woot:

Got the game yesterday, still yet to play cause of this work I gotta do which is annoying. (Still sealed!!)

Impressions look good. Can't wait to play it :)

Can't wait to hear about the other maps!

Is there a party system like COD4?

Game kicks ass, I love it. I really wish they added more game modes though, the crates get annoying after awhile, I'd rather have to capture and hold outposts. But in general the game rules, I'm highly addicted, already ranked up to a master sergeant after a few hours :)

Here in us the game came out on 23 so yeah lots of people have high score. I don't play much multiplayer but I am really impress with single player alone for a game coming out of EA I has my share of doubts.

I really like the character especially Haggard (the you and what army guy) :rofl:

Here in us the game came out on 23 so yeah lots of people have high score. I don't play much multiplayer but I am really impress with single player alone for a game coming out of EA I has my share of doubts.

I really like the character especially Haggard (the you and what army guy) :rofl:

most of the people with high scores are glitchers using the vehicle repair bug.... my friend went through the top 150 and all were glitchers except 1 guy.

Boo! Thanks for confirming though.

ya idk why they put the tripod thing on the end of the snipers since you can't go prone...i guess it's there just to tease you.

Here in us the game came out on 23 so yeah lots of people have high score.

You'd think so right? But the way EA handles their servers is they split them up into regions, So I've been playing people from Europe today where it only just came out. The scoring system really is easy, even if you suck at the game you're bound to get over 100 points for almost nothing.

You'd think so right? But the way EA handles their servers is they split them up into regions, So I've been playing people from Europe today where it only just came out. The scoring system really is easy, even if you suck at the game you're bound to get over 100 points for almost nothing.

Is the scoring the same as the Beta was do you know? On average I got 300-400 points a round, and I got a few 600's as well. I was an insane player of Battlefield 2 on the comp though, so that helped a lot I think.

I am so angry right now.

I am renting the game from Gamefly and just buying it from them since it saves me $20 bucks doing so. So I rented this game and Alone in the Dark (even though I read it sucks). Well I had my two queue slots wide open for both games, and they were both shipped the same day on this past Wednesday.

Well, I check my mail today, and only one game is in the mailbox!!!! and OF COURSE it is Alone In The Dark. :angry:

Which means one of two things... either Gamefly still sucks, and I will get BF tomorrow, and/or they had to ship Battlefield from the California facility, which means I will not get it until early next week. So stupid.

Yeah from what I can tell the scoring is the exact same as the beta/demo.

I've had my first credits rewarded since last posting and unlocked the laser target and the ability to heal the soldier class. I wish they had left in medi crates like they did in Modern Combat, as there is no way to ask for a med pack from your support class team mates. At least not from what I've played so far, but I don't think it's possible.

Still loving it and some of the maps are really nice, there is a good mix. Last one I played was in a country village with quite low lighting and a heavy mist.

Still getting used to the layout of them but that will come in time (Y)

Game kicks ass, I love it. I really wish they added more game modes though, the crates get annoying after awhile, I'd rather have to capture and hold outposts. But in general the game rules, I'm highly addicted, already ranked up to a master sergeant after a few hours :)

I think there adding that game mode with a patch later on.

Is the scoring the same as the Beta was do you know? On average I got 300-400 points a round, and I got a few 600's as well. I was an insane player of Battlefield 2 on the comp though, so that helped a lot I think.

I am so angry right now.

I am renting the game from Gamefly and just buying it from them since it saves me $20 bucks doing so. So I rented this game and Alone in the Dark (even though I read it sucks). Well I had my two queue slots wide open for both games, and they were both shipped the same day on this past Wednesday.

Well, I check my mail today, and only one game is in the mailbox!!!! and OF COURSE it is Alone In The Dark. :angry:

Which means one of two things... either Gamefly still sucks, and I will get BF tomorrow, and/or they had to ship Battlefield from the California facility, which means I will not get it until early next week. So stupid.

It could also mean that no one wants AITD (as its not even worth a rent IMO) so they sent you the crappy stuff first.

Send AITD back and wait for BFBC to arrive ... you wont regret it. unless you want to be bored out of your mind with AITD and thus never want to play another console game in your life (yes its that bad)

Just a few tips if people didn't already know, you can unlock weapons by signing up to the Battlefield newsletter, playing the demo and reaching rank 4, checking your online stats, preordering the game and registering an old Battlefield game.

Link

Yeah 1st Battlefield game I've played and I'm loving it for the most part. As per another thread my ownly issues is that sometimes you spawn right in front of the opposition when you select to spawn from your base. With bases as large as they are surely they can spawn you away from these people so that you don't die after 1 second. Fair enough if you get sniped, but being knifed 2 seconds in is a bit dumb.

Secondly some people I've played with have been a tad annoying. Playing as a sniper and getting in good positions to have a squad mate spawn to your area and open fire with some smg's or whatever on enemies 200m away while basically standing on you and giving your position. Duno if you can, but it'd be great to be able to split yourself off from a squad or join another one for instances where you have these fools in your squad as it can make playing certain roles such as snipers pretty difficult when they are constantly giving you away without disregard. Not the games fault, but there are some clueless people out there.

Havent touched the single player but yet so I can't comment on that.

Yeah 1st Battlefield game I've played and I'm loving it for the most part. As per another thread my ownly issues is that sometimes you spawn right in front of the opposition when you select to spawn from your base. With bases as large as they are surely they can spawn you away from these people so that you don't die after 1 second. Fair enough if you get sniped, but being knifed 2 seconds in is a bit dumb.

Secondly some people I've played with have been a tad annoying. Playing as a sniper and getting in good positions to have a squad mate spawn to your area and open fire with some smg's or whatever on enemies 200m away while basically standing on you and giving your position. Duno if you can, but it'd be great to be able to split yourself off from a squad or join another one for instances where you have these fools in your squad as it can make playing certain roles such as snipers pretty difficult when they are constantly giving you away without disregard. Not the games fault, but there are some clueless people out there.

Havent touched the single player but yet so I can't comment on that.

Yeah I've pretty much stuck to spawning at the nearest checkpoint rather than with my squad because of this reason. Also it doesn't make much sense when you don't have a choice which squad member you want to spawn beside, and the only choice is someone getting owned.

And same here, I went straight for the multiplayer :laugh:

Tried to play earlier on and the servers wouldn't allow me to connect. Seems EA have had some problems. There was bad news for PS3 players as well when the scheduled maintenance went ###### up for Sony and you couldn't play online at all.

It doesn't feel quite as "tight" as COD4 but I've enjoyed my first few goes at it.

Is there a way of changing the stick sensitivity? I'm not sure whether I'm still used to how I've got COD4 set or whether Bad Company has some "inertia" which causes me to overshoot my target :/

Absolutely loving Bad Company so far. The maps are ALL good, and very nicely laid out. The sound is superb and while the graphics aren't mind blowing (I mean come on, it's still the BF2 engine pretty much) they look great and the destruction is very well done.

Very much looking forward to conquest DLC (and hopefully a few new maps to go along with it)

Finding the single player easy. Although theres a lot to do, the ability to keep topping up health and respawning means you can run through guns blazing.

I wish people would stop treating this as a Team Deathmatch game when it clearly isn't.

So many idiots online too interested in just racking up kills and letting the other team blow up the crates!

I wish people would stop treating this as a Team Deathmatch game when it clearly isn't.

So many idiots online too interested in just racking up kills and letting the other team blow up the crates!

It's one of the reasons I don't play online much anymore. It's getting worse and worse.

I don't care if people want to do it in a public match, but this was ranked games it happened to me in. What's the use in playing if you aren't going to do the objectives :no: