Battlefield Bad Company

Both 360 and PS3 servers are down at the moment. Been reported all over the forums. I got d/c earlier also

I looked everywhere for some news on it, couldnt find any posts.

What are they down for? Conquest Mode being implemented?

Whatever happened to Communication from Game Companies specifically DICE/EA - Takes nothing to post a note on the front page " Servers down for xyz "

They been off for long does anyone know?

If anyone is having problems linking their gamertag to their EA account in order to unlock the Semi-Automatic Shotgun (part of the Find All Five weapons thing they have going) for the demolition class,then all you have to do is visit the following link ...

http://badcompany.ea.com/myprofile/xbox/YOUR GAMER TAG HERE/

If your GT has spaces in it then you can either just enter the spaces or use %20 instead (I was ok with the spaces instead of the %20 code)

Once you have done that then all you need to do is start up BF:BC and then enter MultiPlayer, after it has done its loading it will inform you that the Shotgun has been unlocked :p

All I have to do now is work out a way of getting the Veteran status working (whilst EA sort out the GT linking issue they are having) in order to unlock the Assault Rifle for the assault class.

If anyone is having problems linking their gamertag to their EA account in order to unlock the Semi-Automatic Shotgun (part of the Find All Five weapons thing they have going) for the demolition class,then all you have to do is visit the following link ...

http://badcompany.ea.com/myprofile/xbox/YOUR GAMER TAG HERE/

If your GT has spaces in it then you can either just enter the spaces or use %20 instead (I was ok with the spaces instead of the %20 code)

Once you have done that then all you need to do is start up BF:BC and then enter MultiPlayer, after it has done its loading it will inform you that the Shotgun has been unlocked :p

All I have to do now is work out a way of getting the Veteran status working (whilst EA sort out the GT linking issue they are having) in order to unlock the Assault Rifle for the assault class.

Thanks so much, that was driving me nuts!!! Completely worked, I should just add I did have to login first then force that URL, but that is common sense, just wanted people to know just in case.

And weird, the first thing I saw when I first launched the game was my Veteran Status and the free weapon, I did sign up like 8 months ago for it, when they first announced it, so maybe that helped.

So I got 2 out of the 5 for free, and I have the 3rd one on its way, just waiting for the email from the newsletter registration. Sweet.

Thank again though, that was driving me nuts.

Thanks so much, that was driving me nuts!!! Completely worked, I should just add I did have to login first then force that URL, but that is common sense, just wanted people to know just in case.

And weird, the first thing I saw when I first launched the game was my Veteran Status and the free weapon, I did sign up like 8 months ago for it, when they first announced it, so maybe that helped.

So I got 2 out of the 5 for free, and I have the 3rd one on its way, just waiting for the email from the newsletter registration. Sweet.

Thank again though, that was driving me nuts.

Check your PM :p I had a spare code ...

Heh I unlocked the magical health injector last night, man that's a godsend!

Yup, that was the first thing I unlocked :)

When I reached Rank 3 (haven't played much MP till they sort the stats glitching out for engineers) and entered the MP lobby again, it told me that I had more points for unlocking stuff, but it showed 0 available :(

When I reached Rank 3 (haven't played much MP till they sort the stats glitching out for engineers) and entered the MP lobby again, it told me that I had more points for unlocking stuff, but it showed 0 available :(

You don't get credits for every rank up you do!

Just finished a game with DL, was interesting to say the least :) I wish there was a way to practice some of the classes though and learn the maps like you could in BF2 etal. I thoroughly enjoyed the game though as there was none of the usual shenanigans going on that I normally see like stat glitching. Squad still needs a bit of work as sometimes you wouldn't spawn with you're squad but with someone completely random :(

Anyhoo, best be off as its 3:35am here in the UK ... Hopefully if we can get others from Neowin on tomorrow night (erm this evening) then we can really kick some ass :)

Just finished a game with DL, was interesting to say the least :) I wish there was a way to practice some of the classes though and learn the maps like you could in BF2 etal. I thoroughly enjoyed the game though as there was none of the usual shenanigans going on that I normally see like stat glitching. Squad still needs a bit of work as sometimes you wouldn't spawn with you're squad but with someone completely random :(

Anyhoo, best be off as its 3:35am here in the UK ... Hopefully if we can get others from Neowin on tomorrow night (erm this evening) then we can really kick some ass :)

Definitely had a real good time playing, no doubt about it. (Y) And it only took me about 3 minutes to get used to your accent. :laugh: We worked as a team and definitely did more than decent at times, and that is the way the game should be played, so that made it as you said throughly enjoyable. :yes: I definitely agree with you as we discussed, I would love if there were a way to learn the maps as well.

I plan on playing as much as possible this holiday weekend since I have a day off tomorrow and then it is the weekend.

I have a lot of random errands and house work to do (boo house work) so it is going to probably wind up being at very random times I am signing on and in short spurts, but whomever I see on from here I will send an invite to join a squad, definitely. And if you see me first, feel free to do the same. (Y) Might even hop on in a few, my wife is already passed out for the night and I am mid way through watching 28 weeks later.

Nice signature DL. I will be playing later on today/tonight so if I see you onlline I will send an invite. Everyone else is free to join as well just let me know you're going to be playing in this thread (Y)

So how does this compare to BF2? I loved BF2.

And what about COD4? Is the learning curve lower or higher?

Thinking about getting Bad Company, but I think im a little stuck with the sigma of Battlefield should be played on my PC, not my console.

I prefer BF:BC on BF2:MC. Learning curve is there but does not take long to catch grasp of whats going on. You really can't compare it to COD4 since they are different types of games. However, I must note that if you play BF:BC like COD4 then you will get owned. There is a demo on the marketplace if you want to try it out.

Up to you if you want to get it on PC or Console but PC version isn't ready yet.

Ah right, I didn't think it was coming to the PC at all!

I didn't mean for it to be compared to COD4 directly, just asking about the learning curve. I found COD4 quite hard to get into, because I was late to the party and most people were high levels.

Ah right, I didn't think it was coming to the PC at all!

I didn't mean for it to be compared to COD4 directly, just asking about the learning curve. I found COD4 quite hard to get into, because I was late to the party and most people were high levels.

Battlefield Heroes is the next pc game in the series (the free download one)

Battlefield Heroes is the next pc game in the series (the free download one)

Yeah I knew about that one.

Of course I'll try it, but I doubt it's going to be as full fledged as this (Bad Company) or BF2. We'll see.

Battlefield 3 should be out soon after that though.

Yup and I'll definitely be buying it :)

Looking forward to Heroes too, especially cause it's free.

So how does this compare to BF2? I loved BF2.

And what about COD4? Is the learning curve lower or higher?

Thinking about getting Bad Company, but I think im a little stuck with the sigma of Battlefield should be played on my PC, not my console.

I played BF2 for close to 150 hours on the PC. (With the demo it was definitely closer to 175 or so). I also played 1942, I even played Vietnam LOL and I also played a bit of 2142. For all practical purposes BF2 is pretty much my favorite MP game online, pretty much tied with CS but as you know they are two very different beasts.

My reasons for sharing all of the above is to say I believe Modern Combat is truly as close as they could and ever will get to the PC version of BF2. It really is so similar in so many ways it is for all practical purposes BF 2 for the consoles. Naturally some things are different, they have to be, but overall the core gameplay and concept is well alive. Especially since I know they plan on releasing Conquest Mode as free DLC sometime soon, last I read it was in the certification qualification process'.

There are a few minor annoyances, you can read my gripes earlier in this thread, but they are minor in the grand scheme of things. This is now my new favorite online console shooter, and I was not sure anything was ever going to replace COD4, but this is after-all Battlefield, and it has always been my favorite.

You know tbh, I thought the demo was crap on top of crackers, I'd of never considered buying it.

My brother surprised me and bought it for me, and I gave it another shot..

The full game is a whole lot better than the actual demo... I play almost every single night now.. and I enjoy the Recon (sniper) class.