Battlefield Bad Company

Should I rent this game first?

It all depends. Have you played any Battlefield before on the PC. Have you liked it?

If so, then I say it is safe to say you will enjoy this game. Definitely.

With that said, if you can rent it then all means do so though, it is always a better idea to test out a game whenever you can.

Dear god, just finished a MP game and was on the attacking side, no one tried to go for the objective/gold, everyone was just trying to turn vehicles over and then repairing them constantly. Did a bit of digging and its a glitch to gain experience. This should be stopped as it is just ruining the whole game and its only been out for what 3-4 days :(

Anyone going to start a Neowin game at all?

If you guys run a neowin game I'll be on there tonight. I just got the game so I'm still adjusting and have been scared getting into MP, LOL. I played the hell out of BF2 on the PC though.

I'm still looking for the "hooked" factor that BF2 and UT'99 gave me when playing MP. It didn't matter if my kill/death ratio was 5:1 I still had a freaking BLAST playing those games. I mean, it was great when a match in BF2 would immediately start and people start lobbing grenades and mass war broke out right off the bat. COD4 has been pretty close for me but I've had a hard time finding good teammates I can consistently play with.

Dear god, just finished a MP game and was on the attacking side, no one tried to go for the objective/gold, everyone was just trying to turn vehicles over and then repairing them constantly. Did a bit of digging and its a glitch to gain experience. This should be stopped as it is just ruining the whole game and its only been out for what 3-4 days :(

How is it ruining the whole game? They only do it on Oasis, and even then it's hardly every single game.

How is it ruining the whole game? They only do it on Oasis, and even then it's hardly every single game.

Well it was the whole game for me as that must have been the level I played on. I quickly got tired of trying to get the gold myself and quit out. As said that is hardly any fun trying to do the whole thing single handedly :(

Those were some fun games Larry :p
Yeah some fun games (Y) You sure do love the tank :p

Yeah, I was hoping to get on your guys team, but it never happened. LOL

I was so mad that second round which was my first full round, I literally started out -25 because not one, not two, but three guys spawned in front of my tank all at the same time.

And yep .KICK, I do love me some tank. LOL

That goes back to my Battlefield 2 days, so I am just trying to see if I can dominate like I used to, which I am finding out very quickly the tank is pretty different on here. The tank is nowhere near as agile and rugged as it used to be on the PC. I literally used to be able to turn on a dime on the PC, now I am having a hard time just turning corners. So I am kind of determined to get at it like I used to. LOL

I got better as time went on though, had a 235 round, a 275, then a 333 round, and the round I got 333 I was highest on my team, so I got the Best Of Team Achievement for 20 points, which I thought I may never get.

The squad did work today though, I played with a friend tonight and it worked right away, so next time we are all on, I will send an invite so we can get a nice 4 man squad going. That is the beat thing, we are limited to just 4 people a squad, so getting all Neowin matches like the Halo days going is going to be near impossible.

Yeah, I was hoping to get on your guys team, but it never happened. LOL

I was so mad that second round which was my first full round, I literally started out -25 because not one, not two, but three guys spawned in front of my tank all at the same time.

And yep .KICK, I do love me some tank. LOL

That goes back to my Battlefield 2 days, so I am just trying to see if I can dominate like I used to, which I am finding out very quickly the tank is pretty different on here. The tank is nowhere near as agile and rugged as it used to be on the PC. I literally used to be able to turn on a dime on the PC, now I am having a hard time just turning corners. So I am kind of determined to get at it like I used to. LOL

I got better as time went on though, had a 235 round, a 275, then a 333 round, and the round I got 333 I was highest on my team, so I got the Best Of Team Achievement for 20 points, which I thought I may never get.

The squad did work today though, I played with a friend tonight and it worked right away, so next time we are all on, I will send an invite so we can get a nice 4 man squad going. That is the beat thing, we are limited to just 4 people a squad, so getting all Neowin matches like the Halo days going is going to be near impossible.

Yeah I heard about the limits they put on the Squad, sucks :( I think it's still possible to join a friend's game though, hopefully...

And yeah you were kicking ass in those matches, .Kick and I were in private chat and commented on it haha. Unfortunetly there is no way to switch teams (N) The only option would be to quit the server and use the "Join game" from the dashboard I think.

I'll be on later today and probably tonight if anyone wants to have a few games (Y)

I am getting sick of the crap hit boxes in this game. If I fire a rocket or grenade at you then you should die, not be able to continue running. Bloody needs sorting grr Had a few occasions then 3 people were covering behind something, i went up behind, bang rocket directly at them, did they die, no!

Also points system seems to be messy, don't get my assists and stuff 80% of the time when I should have! E.G. I fire 4 rockets at a tank, some guy fires the 5th which destroys it, I don;t get any points when I should!

Just had a major blip in frame rate also in a game I just played, was probably only a temp one as its the first of frame rate issues I have come across but what I just had was almost textbook slideshow! Didn't last long though and I understand why it does it because there is so much going on!

dabbled in the game for a while, the only problem I have is players don't have any team mentality and play like they do in cod4.

I am getting sick of the crap hit boxes in this game. If I fire a rocket or grenade at you then you should die, not be able to continue running. Bloody needs sorting grr Had a few occasions then 3 people were covering behind something, i went up behind, bang rocket directly at them, did they die, no!

Try using your shotgun then... they've definitely nerfed rockets and grenades vs infantry, and it's made the game a lot better for me.

One problem I see with games these days is they are shipping half assed. With developers readily making patches now they let incomplete games out the door. For example the splash damage on the grenade launcher, and from the tanks is god awful. In addition to that, the crackling sound is annoying as hell. But not nearly as annoying as losing all sound completely and having to exit the game and go back to get it working. Thankfully my system hasn't frozen with the full game but it did a few times on the demo.

Not sure if the sound or freezing is just a PS3 issue but I know the splash damage is bad all over. Btw anyone have the codes to unlock the find all five weapons? I don't want to subscribe to their crap just to get it, the codes aren't unique are they?

Try using your shotgun then... they've definitely nerfed rockets and grenades vs infantry, and it's made the game a lot better for me.

Shotguns are too slow ! That makes no sense, if I fire a rocket at your body or your feet, you should die, simple as! Same thing with a grenade, had many people just run over them and not even been harmed!

Also getting sick of people treating this like a deathmatch game. Its not, when the Gold Crate has been arm, go and dis-arm , not stand around and do nothing!

Not had any sound crackling issues on the 360! The codes are unique by the way, just create a fake e-mail if you want the codes. Oh and if you didn;t have a pre-order code then you have no chance of getting that Sniper unlock for a while. The Uzi is unlocked by going to rank 4 in the demo/1

Okay, I have to chime in and say I am glad I am not losing my mind, as I too feel the splash damage is atrocious, it truly is.

I was UNLOADING on people directly with both my tank and also the other smaller tank (especially in that smaller tank, i mean direct hits) and they were just prancing on their merry way apparantly not taking any damage at all, never mind I was not killing them, it was like they took nothing. Then someone shoots me a couple of times with a machine gun and throws a grenade at my tank, and BOOM, tank gone.

So there are definitely some issues overall with hit detection and/or splash damage. Hope they iron them out. It is still enjoyable no doubt, just makes it a tad frustrating when I know people should be dead and they are not.

Shotguns are too slow ! That makes no sense, if I fire a rocket at your body or your feet, you should die, simple as! Same thing with a grenade, had many people just run over them and not even been harmed!

Shotguns are too slow? o.O Meet me face to face when I have my Spas 15 and I guarantee you'll lose every single time, no matter what gun you have.

Even better, if you're sneaking up behind someone, use a knife...

Thanks, I've been looking for that ever since the message popped up about it in the multiplayer screen.

Don't know about anybody else, but where is the humour gone?! I find the trailers for the game funnier!

I played the demo, so I'm guessing there is more humour in the actual game :p

Yup, the humour is in the full game (Single Player) The demo was just MP thus no humour :)

Shotguns are too slow? o.O Meet me face to face when I have my Spas 15 and I guarantee you'll lose every single time, no matter what gun you have.

Even better, if you're sneaking up behind someone, use a knife...

Thanks, I've been looking for that ever since the message popped up about it in the multiplayer screen.

The pump action shotguns take ages to allow you to shoot again, by that time you've been shot to death by about 4 people by that time. Same with demolition and rockets, so hard when shooting a tank cause reload takes ages, by that time, tank shoots about 4 shells at you :s

Not many people realise that this is not a run and gun game. You got to take your time and make your way in otherwise you'll just die a lot!

Splash damage is annoying me more and more so I hope EA/Dice fix this.

Ok heres mine.

People TKing to get in Helicopter or The mounted gun. Xbox dosnt really kater (unsure of spelling) for this blocking someone has no effect on them and unless a person is rasict or modifys xbox live u cant report them, people are happy to lose 15 points only to make it up in seconds in the helicopter or mounted gun. Also tking beause people stand in front of tanks so your blocked in is tedious such as start of maps.

Id life to see more people play it like a team, defusing the bomb and protect it such like.

Also the ability to repair the bomb would be handy as there are maps which a rocket guy or tank can destroy the bomb from a distance.