Neowin Digital Gallery

It's sometimes called painting with light or light graffiti.

I started with a subject, in this case, the flowers. Set my camera on a tripod and changed the exposure time to something like 15 seconds. This means my camera took the photo over 15 seconds capturing all the light sources. Simply ran behind the flowers, had one torch constantly on the flower pot and another I circled round to make the swirl.

There are loads of other great examples that puts mine right to shame. I can't remember a link that was here not long ago that had a great site with loads of these types of shots that really got me started, check out the forum and see if you can find it :/

Other links:

http://www.diyphotography.net/painting_with_light

http://www.flickr.com/groups/lightpainted/

http://www.colourlovers.com/blog/2007/07/0...dancing-lights/

I'm far from good at this, but I've slowly been working on trying to become a better photographer... let me know what you think of this one.

675sj1.jpg

Just a few from the old farm house...

2637595394_a3c19176aa.jpg

2636771009_c2cac0d390.jpg

2637593724_79f33ccd44.jpg

2637593466_77210dbd0a.jpg

2636767763_b19f0f6ef7.jpg

2636766717_c0bcb11eb6.jpg

Shot with a Nikon D40. I really need to learn how to use the advanced features so I can get some better looking shots.

I have a friend who wants to be a model, I said I would take her pic for the cost of me doing it as its just for the experience.

Here are a few. I used film, so I hope these are allowed :o

2637817556_d7fd92ec10.jpg

2635282012_e70b998cee.jpg

2635281754_56050df078.jpg

2635281634_fe55699284.jpg

2634459181_3d1401bb86.jpg

My Flickr page Larger views recommended.

Took some pics yesterday. Had nothing else to do. My damn power was out for 12 hours. I'm an idiot and forgot at first that my camera was set on 200 iso still. Then my battery died after maybe 30 shots. And my spare wasn't charged. :pinch:

photo_bee800.jpg

photo_tl800.jpg

post-56742-1215382766_thumb.jpg

Not good by any stretch of the imagination, but thought it was fun.

Was at Stars & Stripes Car show, inside my mates Gazebo(he is a trader). He had forgotten the pan to cook his beans. The colours are as the photo was taken because the gazebo is red and everything in it looks red.

i have some others from the show of cars etc, and will try to remember to post them later.

I'm far from good at this, but I've slowly been working on trying to become a better photographer... let me know what you think of this one.

I like t but it's a bit too white on the left. Did you shoot in JPEG or RAW? I have found Photoshop's RAW converter invaluable when treating my mages. However I suspect there are similar tools you can use for JPEGs. You should try getting a bit of detail so it looks all dark but then simply increase the brightness a little, add a bit of contrast and see what it turns out like.

what lens stevo? those a nice :) love bees.

Those were with my Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS if I remember correctly. I took some with my 50mm f/1.8 earlier in the day but I don't think I posted any from that. I'd have to check the exif when I get home.

I like t but it's a bit too white on the left. Did you shoot in JPEG or RAW? I have found Photoshop's RAW converter invaluable when treating my mages. However I suspect there are similar tools you can use for JPEGs. You should try getting a bit of detail so it looks all dark but then simply increase the brightness a little, add a bit of contrast and see what it turns out like.

It's JPEG, which is the only format my camera (a FujiFilm S700) will shoot with. I just started to figure out the advanced settings on the camera so I'm hoping to get better shots.

I have a friend who wants to be a model, I said I would take her pic for the cost of me doing it as its just for the experience.

Here are a few. I used film, so I hope these are allowed :o

I didn't know anyone still used film! ;)