Trophy Support List (Burnout Paradise Patch!)

hayy

that was an e-penis ment for trohpies. :)

check my post :(

Auch, it's okay, once every few weeks I try to be funny for a change.

Gotta go catch my failboat, brb.

C'mon, everybody likes penis :laugh:

You must be one of those kids with that disease... what's it called? From Superbad :rofl:

I thought he was saying the real accomplishment was completing the game? Not the trophies/achievements.

Precisely. Taking games from the shelf just to gets Trophies and not for the game itself is pure nonsense.

I noticed some of you played a few PSN games just to get a taste of Trophies, fine, there's nothing wrong with that. But full games? Come on.

While playing 360 games I've learned something about achievements: they're double-edged swords. If you take them nicely, just for the fun of doing things you wouldn't normally do, you get tremendous value from games. Take it up a notch and you're just whoring yourself, losing any kind of fun the game offers.

Do yourselves a favor, pick up those games again if they're worth it, just don't do it do level up over your neighbor.

Precisely. Taking games from the shelf just to gets Trophies and not for the game itself is pure nonsense.

I noticed some of you played a few PSN games just to get a taste of Trophies, fine, there's nothing wrong with that. But full games? Come on.

While playing 360 games I've learned something about achievements: they're double-edged swords. If you take them nicely, just for the fun of doing things you wouldn't normally do, you get tremendous value from games. Take it up a notch and you're just whoring yourself, losing any kind of fun the game offers.

Do yourselves a favor, pick up those games again if they're worth it, just don't do it do level up over your neighbor.

Yeah PSN game trophies can be done in no time. Well some of them are hard, but you know what I mean.

SSHD is a small "sandbox" shooter.

Ploughing through something like MGS4 to get every trophy is tedious, and if you do that with EVERY game it must drive you nuts :p

I'm happy to just normally pickup any trophies I get in a full game through 1 or 2, "normal" playthroughs.

I sometimes ###### unlocking real game content, like extra weapons/features, but I wouldn't ###### a game for the purpose of getting a "made up" level increased.

Some folk love it though, what can you do? :p

Maybe and only if, trophies can convert to something worthwhile in Home, would I ###### the game. Like if I got an exclusive tshirt to wear or something :p That is because I'm interested in Home however, if you weren't then that wouldn't apply.

I told my brother about trophies, and he was laughing at all the people that cared about such a stupid thing. The only reason for trophies would be if they gave you credits towards a PSN title.

point is to make people like me happy.

I played uncharted LOVED it but never played again however i would play it once more when trophies come out for Uncharted.

and people like me are a huge portion.

Also to diss your friends and make them angry when lets say you beat them with one trophy that he could never get in SSHD..

yummyyyyyy.

I think the main point of trophies is for friendly competition between friends, hence the 'compare trophies' feature in 2.40.

And MGS4 NEEDS trophy support.

Didn't PixelJunk Monsters have trophies? Hmm.

And why are people complaining about their release? What, would you rather they NOT have them. Better late than never right? It's not like this generation is anywhere near ending.

PJM was shown as having custom soundtracks via XMB, and didn't appear in the trophy list. That said, it's a small game (60MB, I think), so patching it shouldn't be that hard.

I like trophies - they're about much more than just completing the game. They're about doing extra stuff that you wouldn't normally do. Take SSHD - normally, I wouldn't care about getting a 10x multiplier, or getting 15 tokens in one boost, or getting 5 shields when I already have one. But now there is some incentive, the game's lifespan has well increased, and rather than just play through to get to the end, you can play through any number of times, with more illogical objectives, which is more fun IMO.

Doing it with MGS4 wouldn't be that bad. You don't have to complete the game for the trophy - just, for example, CQC hold 50 PMC troops on Act 1, get the trophy, then quit without saving and start for the next one. The trophy remains, as that's part of the PS3 system rather than the savegame you chose not to have.

Capcom: No trophy support for Devil May Cry 4

A poster on Capcom Unity's forums has received an answer to the question of whether Devil May Cry 4 and Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix will be getting the trophy treatment and it is no. Capcom feels that DMC4 already has "its own little trophylike system" and the Puzzle Fighter team has moved on to other projects.

There is a tiny bit of good news though, Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix may have trophies implemented, but it will depend on "what schedules look like and what Sony's requirements are." The only real good news is future games from Capcom will all have trophies, as it has "been worked into CEI's developer contracts as a required deliverable." Have other publishers signed such a contract?

This is rather disappointing, but after a string of such reports, we are not surprised. We are just really hoping SSF2T HD Remix will have support.

PS3Fanboy

Codemasters not planning on adding trophies to GRID

Codemasters is, sadly, the latest developer to be added to the list of those who won't be adding trophy support to their already released titles. On the official GRID forums an administrator has posted saying that they're "currently not planning to restrospectively support PSN trophies - it;s not a trivial thing to add to a game" [sic]. Though this is disappointing, it's not too unexpected. Third party games are the least likely to be patched in. With Criterion showing their contemporaries, hopefully more will decide to rake in the goodwill of gamers by following suit.

PS3Fanboy

Added them to the first post.

They could add loads more sales by adding support quickly. Look at how SSHD's been! Pretty much everybody who got the update (or thought they'd get it) bought the game. That update must have brought in an additional 7,500 sales at least.

Let me just get this straight: You need to buy the team pack for SSHD to get split screen and the additional trophies. The solo addon won't work. Is that right?

If so, what on Earth is taking them so long? Nobody's had any problems with it, they just took it down as part of 2.40.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune developer Naughty Dog tells us that a patch to add PlayStation Trophy support to the game will be available by mid-August. Company co-president Evan Wells says that the update has already been submitted for quality assurance testing and could hit sooner.

According to Wells, the patch was "incredibly easy" to implement because the game already contains preliminary support for Trophies via its Medals reward system. He further revealed that these hooks were actually included because Naughty Dog thought Sony would roll out Trophies before Uncharted's November 2007 launch.

As with other PS3 titles getting retroactive Trophy support, Uncharted will require those who've already completed the game to play through again in order to unlock Trophies, even if they had previously earned every Medal. Wells says this is primarily to prevent people from simply using someone else's save data to artificially bolster their Trophy collection. Shame on you for even thinking about it.

Joystiq
After recently contacting System 3/eutechnyx regarding this issue, they have confirmed that they are currently evaluating the possibility of adding Trophy support for the PlayStation 3 title Ferrari Challenge.

The email read as follows:

"Hi,

We are currently evaluating the possibility of adding Trophy support.

We'll keep the community updated with further news as we have it.

Regards,

Ferrari Challenge Admin"

While this doesn't confirm that Ferrari Challenge will support Trophies, it does make it much more likey considering System 3 have stated that they will improve the title based on Community Feedback

PlaystationBeyond
2K, the developers of BioShock for PS3, posted an article written by Andrew Rudson (Programmer at Digital Extremes) on their blog.

While working on BioShock PS3, I had the opportunity to be one of the first developers to make use of the new PSN Trophy system.

The entire post is dedicated to explaining the details of being one of the first developers to implement PS3 trophies. We learn the trophies are completed now and in final stages - making sure the trophies unlock when they are supposed to. Apparently, the art team did a fantastic job and they are beautiful.

We look forward to seeing just how beautiful they are when the game launches on PS3 later this year.

Playstation Lifestyle
The upcoming 1942 and Bionic Commando PSN games are not going to support trophies, according to a statement by Capcom PR Manager Tim Ng. Many speculated after a recent PlayStation.Blog post that the upcoming downloadable Bionic Commando title would support PS3's Achievement-esque Trophy system. Considering how popular they are for Super Stardust HD, we really hoped Capcom would've been able to add these shiny accomplishments into their games. Perhaps they'll reconsider for future titles down the line.

Update: Trophies may be patched into Bionic Commando: Rearmed at some point. However, this isn't guaranteed. According to John Diamonon from Capcom: "Medals are the equivalent to achievements. Basically doing the same things in either version will open up these medals. We are currently reviewing how much work it would take to retro tag save/clear data for trophy support. Certainly though, if it does not require a huge amount of programming time (I.e. money) then we will probably move forward with it."

PS3 Fanboy

• 2 weeks later...

Updated with some more info.

Podcast 2

Worlds Collide

Player Profiles ? A Duty Records Award system, along with Player Rankings, Trophy Support and online Leaderboards, will track player stats and accomplishments

Playstation.com

Online Rankings and Trophy Support ? Supports online leaderboards as well as Trophies

Playstation.com

Question: Trophies on the Ps3?

Answer: We absolutely want to do Trophies on the Ps3, err, we haven't nailed down exactly what were gonna do, but we absolutely do wanna do it, its just a cool element, tis relaly cool, I'm excited about it, really want to follow through with that.

Gamespot Stage Demo

VideoGamer.com: Do you have a message for PS3 owners who wanted the game at the same time as the 360 version?

DT: That message is that you'll get the game very soon and we're going to be including features that you didn't have in the previous version on the PS3. You're going to have voice chat, you're going to have complete integration with rockband.com, you're going to have trophies. We're going to make sure that PS3 gamers have just as great an experience

Videogamer
According to SoWipEout HD's continued delay is the result of "many improvements" and "numerous" additional features, including support for 2-player offline split screen and Trophies, as well as 8 reverse tracks, 4 extra ships, and a pair of alternative HUDS.

Joystiq

While listening to the Playstation Nation Podcast we heard that the Uncharted Trophies are coming on the 22nd of August which is just under a month away. Quite a while for those craving for them.

We contacted Naughty Dog earlier for confirmation and one of the representatives responded with:

"Yes, trophies will be released on August 22 if all goes to plan"

I'm sure it will go to plan, Naughty Dog are always on target. With Trophies on the way for Uncharted, i think i'm going to play through the game again just to get the Trophies and level up

TalkPlaystaion

Forum post:

There are currently no plans for tropies in Vegas 2, sorry to dissapoint

Ubisoft Forums

The patch is coming very, very soon. We get the details:

Ever since the release of the 2.40 PlayStation 3 firmware, PS3 gamers everywhere have been clamoring for titles beyond Super Stardust HD to earn Trophies in. While a slew of new titles coming later this year will offer support for the system, some studios are going back and patching existing games to give players another reason to play through their games again. One of these updated titles will be Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Naughty Dog's excellent island adventure game released late last year.

Fortunately, gamers won't have to wait much longer as the Uncharted Trophy patch is imminent (the exact day is still TBD). To find out what the patch will entail, what we'll have to do to earn these awards and much more, we fired off a bunch of questions to Arne Meyer, senior manager of marketing communications over at Naughty Dog. Here's what he had to say:

IGN: How many Trophies will be available to nab in Uncharted?

Arne Meyer: You'll be able to get up to 48 Trophies in Uncharted. There are 47 Trophies related to what you do in the game?finding treasures, hand-to-hand or gun combat and the like?and the last one is the Platinum Trophy for getting all the other TrophieIGN: What are some of the more notable or difficult Trophies that you've addArne Meyer: Well, some of our more notable and tougher Trophies are hidden, so it wouldn't be any fun if we revealed those, right? That being said, I think the Trophies for getting 100 headshots or defeating 50 enemies in a row without dying can present a challenge to most players. Of course, there's also the Trophy for the Strange Relic, which some Naughty Dog fans might find familiaIGN:N: Is there a direct link to the treasures and unlockables that are already in the game with the new TrophiArne Meyer: Yep. The Trophies are tied to the medal rewards which already exist in Uncharted. The requirement to get each Trophy is exactly the same as the one for the associated medaIGN: Will veterans be able to go in and nab all the Trophies in a single play-throuArne Meyer: No, that won't be possible. It is possible to get nearly all of the Trophies on a single playthrough, but I think you'd have to be very good and extremely thorough to do that. We'd like to believe that some of the more difficult Trophies are enough of a challenge that even the most skilled gamer will have to play through Uncharted a couple of timeIGN: Will any of them be able to be awarded retroactiveArne Meyer: That would have been nice, but it wasn't something we would be able to do. We originally left our save games unlocked and portable so gamers could move them off the hard drive and their existing game elsewhere or show off some of the unlocked content at a friend's house. This type of portability would have allowed gamers to get Trophies unfairly and we couldn't let that happen. To receive Trophies in Uncharted you will have to start a brand new save game without any medals or rewards unlockeIGN: Will the update contain anything in addition to Trophies? We happen to be fans of the different rendering modes that you can unlockArne Meyer: Aww, we like the rendering modes too. However, the patch only adds Trophy support to Uncharted. We didn't add anything new. SorryIGN: How long did it take you to go back and implement Trophies in the gaArne Meyer: Adding Trophies was a relatively simple task for us since we already had a reward system coded into the game with medals. It took about a month to go from deciding to go ahead with adding Trophy support all the way through testing and releasing the patcIGN: Was it fun to go back and give Uncharted a fresh coat of paint, as it weArne Meyer: We definitely enjoyed going back and revisiting Uncharted since wrapping up development nearly ten months ago. Everyone at Naughty Dog has really been looking forward to getting the patch done and out the door. We've got a few people here who are just itching for the patch to be released so they can power through Uncharted and get the first Platinum Trophy ever? well, within the studio at leIGN:N: Do you wish to take this time and formally announce Uncharted 2: The Search for AtlantiArne Meyer:r: Hey, look at the time, gotta run!

IGN

Hopefully it really is coming out soon, sooner the better I say.

The rumoured release is August 22nd, but sooner would be cool:Doo. :D

I would have liked to have had the trophies unlocked from the last time i completed Uncharted rather than having to play through the game again. I have enough games to play trhough already!

So on 22nd August the total games with trophies now is 2!

Nice....

Developers are not used to a system that has been tacked on 2 years down the road.