iPhone 3G or HTC Touch Diamond?

I've seen a few posts saying I should update my ROM. Sorry, but I'm not doing, ever. It formats everything. This means I'll lose the TomTom software I've got that came with the phone, so it's a definite no-no.

I've seen a few posts saying I should update my ROM. Sorry, but I'm not doing, ever. It formats everything. This means I'll lose the TomTom software I've got that came with the phone, so it's a definite no-no.

I would update the ROM - they put quite a few of fixes in every release.

It's well worth it.

Why can't you just back up the device and then reinstall any software afterwards.

You can install TomTom as many times as you like on a device (unless it's a pirate copy).

Yes, but it's still called iPhone OS.

CORRECTION: Mac OS X 10.5 for the iPhone ;)

Anyways, the Diamond gets my vote albeit I'm going after Pro. The Diamond has many other features the iPhone wished it had. One is stereo bluetooth (A2DP) which sucks for a device that descends from the iPod concept. Don't forget Flash support online which I do not blame Apple for but Adobe for not having it after a year of launch. This is an opinion but the TouchFlo3D is sexier than the iPhone's plaid out animations. Similar to Vista's DWM and Linux's Compiz. The Diamond isn't restricted either in terms of carrier and apps. No need to jailbreak and deal with the extra attention when the Diamond is what Apple claims the Mac to be, WORKING OUT OF THE BOX :D

i love apple, but i dont hate windows. so here is my opinion

you just cannot compare apple vs. windows

why?

windows is = Software + Hardware

apple = Software

so OS X 10.4 that is the os is 99,0000 times faster than windows mobile.

have you ever use the htc touch diamond? i did it, its Unresponsive. also the flip of pictures took ages and battery life (WITHOUT 3G) is a shi...t

forget remember what apple sayas in their ad for the 3G

"Here Is The Only Phone That Can Kill The iPhone, The iPhone 3G"

lol no other one kills the iphone 1.2 :p

take care and get a 3G iPhone ! ! !

best toy in the world

I would update the ROM - they put quite a few of fixes in every release.

It's well worth it.

Why can't you just back up the device and then reinstall any software afterwards.

You can install TomTom as many times as you like on a device (unless it's a pirate copy).

ive flashed my phone yesterday only take 10 mins to reinstall the software

First off, what is see in this thread is a lot of fanboi crap and what we call in IT 'user mentality' where everyone expects everything to work 100% without maintenance. The user asked the differences between the HTC and the IPhone, not Apple or Windows Mobile flame wars.

First of I still have to hear about all these HTC superproblems some seem to be having, maybe next time check for updates/patches as the Touchflo slowdown problem was solved in one of the last updates.

The reason I would take a HTC and not an IPhone? IPhone is so overhyped everyone and his dog has one now. I like the IPhone but I'm not getting one just because Apple decided to hype it to hell. It's all everyone talks about and it's not so groundbreaking, phones like that already existed, they just didn't hype it that much as Apple did and kept it for people who really needed phones like that.

I like Apple products but their marketing is sucking lately, they are becoming more and more like Microsoft and are losing their vision which they had in the past.

Which point did I decide not to get an IPhone? When I was in the store and I saw the kind of clientele who were buying an IPhone, I was like wtf. That and the shortages that were created.

I'm a Microsoft fan, I admire Apple for what they have done although I hate the fact they seem to be making money from every angle from their products. That said I still will buy the iPhone. They took key features from other phones and put it in a simple UI. It works, and hence it sells.

Anyway I truly feel sorry for people who have invested in the HTC Touch, its a poor phone.

First off, what is see in this thread is a lot of fanboi crap and what we call in IT 'user mentality' where everyone expects everything to work 100% without maintenance. The user asked the differences between the HTC and the IPhone, not Apple or Windows Mobile flame wars.

First of I still have to hear about all these HTC superproblems some seem to be having, maybe next time check for updates/patches as the Touchflo slowdown problem was solved in one of the last updates.

The reason I would take a HTC and not an IPhone? IPhone is so overhyped everyone and his dog has one now. I like the IPhone but I'm not getting one just because Apple decided to hype it to hell. It's all everyone talks about and it's not so groundbreaking, phones like that already existed, they just didn't hype it that much as Apple did and kept it for people who really needed phones like that.

I like Apple products but their marketing is sucking lately, they are becoming more and more like Microsoft and are losing their vision which they had in the past.

Which point did I decide not to get an IPhone? When I was in the store and I saw the kind of clientele who were buying an IPhone, I was like wtf. That and the shortages that were created.

So the reason you're not getting an iPhone is because it is well marketed? :huh:

So the reason you're not getting an iPhone is because it is well marketed? :huh:

I won't call it marketed, it's hyped, for me there is a difference. Hyping something for me is trying to sell it as the next need-to-have which it is not technically viewed.

For instance take the IPod, I have one, I like it, I like ITunes, for me it does what I want it to do, I think it's the best music player on the market and it's well marketed but not overhyped, you don't see adds everywhere OMG buy this you will be so cool like they did with the IPhone. In the beginning they tried that with the IPod but much more low profile than now not to mention there was no real competition for the IPod. I respect people who bought the IPhone because they are Apple enthousiasts or because they like the design, but I can't shake the feeling 50%+ people bought it because it's the IPhone they saw everywhere in the media. That's what pushed me largely away. You can call it good marketing but for me there are limits.

It's not only the way they advertised why I'm not buying it, after comparing HTC and the IPhone I decided for professional use that the HTC with WM etc is more useful to me.

OK, I have the touch diamond and my boss has the iphone 3g. Lets just say, he regrets getting his iphone after seeing my touch. IMHO the touch is far superior and I have had no problems with mine as of yet!