[E3] Xbox 360 gets avatar system, new dashboard

Love the new look. I'm not a fan of the current dashboard and I'll be glad to see the end of it.

New display support. Because you asked for it, we are adding 16X10 over VGA or HDMI, and support for 1440x900 or 1680x1050.

Huh?

1440x900 and 1680x1050 are 16:10 resolutions.

Eh, it really seems dull to me. And I don't understand why they've wasted half the screen space. I really like the original interface I think it's really nice and blades make sense. Though it is a bit clunky, it wouldn't have been that hard to tweak it to look even nicer. This new interface just doesn't look very comfortable to me. I think I could have come up with something better tbh.

The dashboard looks ok, should have like a wallpaper option or something like that.

Comparing it to the PS3 dashboard I saw briefly at my friend's house, it looks somewhat similar.

The new guide with all the blades looks decent:

Picture6.png

Actually, yea, now that I see it it does look pretty nice. :)

That indeed does look very nice, actually. I'm glad they have a shutdown button right there -- I've wanted one of those.
Because holding the guide button down a couple seconds longer is worse? :p

:rofl: I remember this conversation! Haha :laugh:

All i care about is that they fix the lagginess currently present when using the dashboard.

Ditto. It is so annoyingly slow sometimes and I hate the lag/freezing it does when you do certain things. So annoying. :no:

The Interface seems very smooth in the video i like alot thanks for the link

It's always like that. Whenever you see Major Nelson demoing how to download something from the Marketplace or whatever, it's always zippity fast. It's not realistic.

^ Yeah, the more I see it the more I like it.

Ditto. I think it's already starting to grow on me, surprisingly enough.

Huh?

1440x900 and 1680x1050 are 16:10 resolutions.

Yea. That's the point. :) They were just listing specific 16:10 resolutions.

The guide looks really nice but the main menus look pretty bland... I think it would look WAY better with a wallpaper in the back instead of a plain gray background.

The guide looks really nice but the main menus look pretty bland... I think it would look WAY better with a wallpaper in the back instead of a plain gray background.

Maybe I'm the only one that sees this coming, but I think I can already see Microsoft pricing (and selling) their background themes for the new dashboard.

The new dashboard looks horrid! why they have to do that? the current one with the blades was awesome. Why why did MS have to ruin the 360 with that crud? why oh why :(

EDIT: Yeah I know I'm probally the only person who doesn't like the new dashboard :p but I honistly find it horrible, it just looks so stupid to me...what exactly was wrong with the current dashboard with blades??

Edited by Xerxes

Looks like this screen has a wallpaper of some sort, so it seems likely you can change it.

v8iwdu.jpg

Yeah I know I'm probally the only person who doesn't like the new dashboard

I don't think you're the only one. :p

Good change. The previous dashboard looked pretty bad and the navigation of it was getting cluttered. Hopefully they added search to the market place too. This one would also allow new "blades" to be added alot easier rather than trying to throw new features into sub menus for the relatively fixed number of blades the old UI could reasonably use.

Much cleaner and much improved IMHO.

Well, the original dashboard supports themes, so why wouldn't the new one?

I'm hoping that we can have our own wallpaper. And then themes will include the graphics of icons and such.