Killzone 2

Public beta this year!

During a behind closed doors presentation at E3 today, it has been confirmed that the Killzone 2 Public beta will take place this year. Along with this news, Guerilla Games' also confirmed that they will closely monitoring for exploits and vulnerabilities for the Online, which is great news for those who hate having to play agaisnt cheaters.

Source: http://www.psbeyond.com/news/Killzone-2-Pu...s-year.749.html

It was confirmed a day or two ago there would be one, now it's confirmed it's this year!

:woot: KZ2 action this year! Awesome! :D

No reason it won't.

Well, I was going to say Killzone 1 but seeing at this already looks a lot better than it should deliver :)

Good news about the Beta, should help them make sure that the game is to its full potential as much as they can when its released.

Well, I was going to say Killzone 1 but seeing at this already looks a lot better than it should deliver :)

Good news about the Beta, should help them make sure that the game is to its full potential as much as they can when its released.

The developers and said it will play much better than the first, the previews back that up.

I'm guessing something along the lines of US only or sign-up-hope-you-get-in Beta. ( Most Betas are like that these days :hmmm: )

Well the creators are from Holland!

Europe :heart:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say with a title this big, they'd open up slots for Europe and the USA - Maybe not Japan, but no reason not to.

MGO was worldwide.

I'm guessing something along the lines of US only or sign-up-hope-you-get-in Beta. ( Most Betas are like that these days :hmmm: )

Maybe not, CoD4, Halo 3 and Endwar are a few to name that were not only US Only. Lets hope it's not US Only.

The developers and said it will play much better than the first, the previews back that up.

I'm sorry, but most previews these days are always positive. The only thing you can trust is your own experience and reviews to some extend. And for what developers are saying, of course they are going to say something like that.

But this isn't meant negatively, just wanted add you can't always trust those two sources.

We know for a fact graphics wise the game is great and the developers are giving it their best, but we can't truly know how good the game is gameplay wise until we actually see some reviews and try it ourselves.

So the doubts about Gameplay are going to be valid until we try the Beta / Retail game.

And for what the Beta goes, guess all we can do is wait for some information. I'll be extremely disappointed if they do selective Beta or region specific. But them being from Holland is kinda comforting :p

^

Previews do talk about gameplay as well.

Yes take all previews with a grain of salt, but you sound like you're saying gameplay won't be commented on in previews and we'll need to wait till a beta/retail :p

But yeah, doubts will remain until more is seen.

Once more is seen, doubts will lessen, but some may carry doubts all the way till they play.

This better have a bigger time window than the MGO beta. 2 weeks or something it was :pinch: lol

^

Previews do talk about gameplay as well.

Yes take all previews with a grain of salt, but you sound like you're saying gameplay won't be commented on in previews and we'll need to wait till a beta/retail :p

But yeah, doubts will remain until more is seen.

Once more is seen, doubts will lessen, but some may carry doubts all the way till they play.

Oh yes, Gameplay is a huge focus on previews, never said otherwise.

But gameplay is something you need to try, feel and test yourself. Describing a game with words and actually nailing it is impossible, specially since the smallest of things can change each persons view on games.

For an example, I read a few Previews of Bad Company once upon a time, none of them mentioned the horrible hit-detection or the fact you need to empty an entire clip into players before they die. These two things are the reason why I truly loathe Bad Company - The previews made it sound like an awesome game.

Things like these are picked up when you try the game or someone reviews the games. Previews tend to be extremely generous and therefore worthless for nothing but hype.

Oh yes, Gameplay is a huge focus on previews, never said otherwise.

But gameplay is something you need to try, feel and test yourself. Describing a game with words and actually nailing it is impossible, specially since the smallest of things can change each persons view on games.

For an example, I read a few Previews of Bad Company once upon a time, none of them mentioned the horrible hit-detection or the fact you need to empty an entire clip into players before they die. These two things are the reason why I truly loathe Bad Company - The previews made it sound like an awesome game.

Things like these are picked up when you try the game or someone reviews the games. Previews tend to be extremely generous and therefore worthless for nothing but hype.

Yeah, haha, I read your comments on Bad Company.

Many on here seem to be enjoying it, so I'll need to try and it see for myself what you're saying with the bullets :p

Who cares what the developers say? They will say ANYTHING is good even if it is turd just to makes some hype about it.

Graphics-wise it is looking good and shaping up nicely but gameplay we still don't know much about it and even videos don't show the true reflection yet. I'll wait until the BETA rolls out before anything is said about it being a good game. Obviously it has the bad rep from Killzone 1 and will continue to do so until the game is pretty much out and shows a representation of the actual gameplay. All i see is eye candy at the moment. I am trying to be positive about this game though.

Who cares what the developers say? They will say ANYTHING is good even if it is turd just to makes some hype about it.

Graphics-wise it is looking good and shaping up nicely but gameplay we still don't know much about it and even videos don't show the true reflection yet. I'll wait until the BETA rolls out before anything is said about it being a good game. Obviously it has the bad rep from Killzone 1 and will continue to do so until the game is pretty much out and shows a representation of the actual gameplay. All i see is eye candy at the moment. I am trying to be positive about this game though.

Previews back up what's been said, so we do know about the gameplay. You are trying to be positive? Christ! :p

To be fair, there have been large segments of game play shown over the last few days, and over the last year to get an idea about game play.

Some of you are acting like we've only seen screenshots and know absolutely jack **** about how the game runs/handles/plays - That's not true, unless you've ignored the multiple videos posted.

It obviously mimics COD4's run and gun game play pretty similarly, and uses a new 1st person cover system which is pretty cool.

No need. I hear what you are saying, BUT we still have heard good things about the gameplay. Nobody is knocking LBP and most here agree that it look great and looks to play great. It's the same, isn't it?

facepalm.png

:laugh:

Previews mean nothing nowadays. Vegas 2 is an example of lies being said and the game truly was a turd!

I will keep an eye on this game though as the MP does interest me :)

No need. I hear what you are saying, BUT we still have heard good things about the gameplay. Nobody is knocking LBP and most here agree that it look great and looks to play great. It's the same, isn't it?

Most here?

I've seen 2-3 people saying that, exactly the same with this game.

What you guys fail to see is, a game can look pretty good in a video, but playing the game yourself can be quite a different experience.

I thought Alone in the Dark looked bloody awesome, from previews and videos the game looked to be the next big AA Title ... But the retail version turned out to be quite a turd. Many games have suffered from this in the past.

The feel of the retail version is all that matters. There are SO many aspects which could change or you won't read in previews or see in videos which could pretty much ruin a game.

We won't be able to see how good the game actually is until we try it, so all those previews and videos are worthless for nothing but hype!

We have seen loads of GAMEPLAY footage, unlike Vegas2 etc etc. We have alot more press involved with KZ2 and they are all reporting positively.

It looks good to me, and that's all that matters.

I think the fact this game is on the budget, scale and is being idolized the way it is, changes things a little in comparison to Alone in the Dark Sethos ;) That was never really a flagship title.

I hear exactly what you're saying, I truly do, and I agree, I'm just trying to point out why some people will be less uptight about game play than others due to the previews and the fact we have seen a decent helping of video game play - Although I think anyone running around saying it's GOTY 2009 or anything, is being a little forward/unrealistic :p

I'm nuts about it, but yes, I have my reserves and doubts. That's why the open beta has me pumped.

(And yes, I know before anyone tells me as some of you like to do, Haze, HS and Lair were hyped, but cmon those games are not on the scale this is - Budget wise, time wise or development wise).

We have seen loads of GAMEPLAY footage, unlike Vegas2 etc etc. We have alot more press involved with KZ2 and they are all reporting positively.

It looks good to me, and that's all that matters.

Fair enough, but not everyone thinks like you hence why the topic of doubt in game play arose.

I'm not comparing the games per say, I'm just showing you an example why those previews and pre-release videos are worthless for telling you, how good the game will actually be in the retail version. They are always extremely positive towards just about every game they are allowed to preview, how valid is it then?

Yes, previews do help to calm the nerves of some people, some of the naysayers perhaps and videos will show you how well the game looks.

A game like Heavenly Sword was touted for being huge, having motion capture with that guy from LOTR and a pretty decent budget ... Was just a mediocre title in the end, by my standards. Even though the previews were positive and the videos looked good.

Same story with the two other games as far as I recall, end product wasn't that positive.

So budget, development team or scale is no indication true indication of end product. Specially not when the team didn't get the best of starts ... how can one not have doubts?

But I think we've put our opinions out there. Let's saddle up for the Beta and cross our fingers Killzone 2 is going to be that AAA title we all wish it will be ( Hopefully all of us? )

That's fine. I've left it there. I think it looks fantastic and will play so.

Is it really? Because if anyone has an opinion which differs from yourself, they are wrong is every way possible. Sethos is right, Alone in the Dark looks great but the final game was crap. Another example is Haze, all the hype, previews and that ended up being one of the biggest disappointments of 2008 for PS3.

Killzone2 i repeat looks fantastic BUT this is only half of the battle to be a good game. It can look pretty but will it play well? - that is the question.

Because it looks good to you that's all that matters? :huh: There are different aspects other than looking pretty to be a good game. Alos devs can say all kinds of crap positive stuff because what else would they do for their game?

You are saying the same thing about LBP and that could turn out to be a big pile of pooh in all honesty. There is nothing stopping both these games from turning out that way is there? Or are these two games immune to the doom of crap/average games and just because they look great to the eye and gameplay LOOKS good doesn't mean it will be?

Most people have doubts on this game from the prequel being very average and so they should do, it is their right to feel that way. KZ2 could end up just like the first one but i forgot THAT can't happen right?

I want this game to be great though so heres hoping.