Killzone 2

Jealous I can't play, but I shouldn't groan much.

In the LBP beta, plus the KZ2 beta has still to go public! So has R2 :)

Seems like you need to be a Beta tester to have any fun with the PS3 these days :/

All the games being tested are out shortly.

Plus is it not better for the testing to exist than it to not?

It's a pretty wise marketing campaign if anything, Sony are practically offering all their big boats early for testing/feedback.

LBP, even with the beta only being out in Europe, is stealing a lot of headlines this week.

It's gutting if you don't get in, but even if you don't you get a hell of a lot of media (pictures/videos) and lot's of unbiased "previews" from everyday gamers rather than just journalist previews up until release/reviews.

Seems like you need to be a Beta tester to have any fun with the PS3 these days :/

Not at all. I have LPB, KZ2 sat on my HDD and I'm playing WipeOut and Burnout Paradise later. The PS3 has plenty to offer everyone. What I can say is that the future is very, very bright for the PS3 judging from these demos/betas

"Not at all" Want me to replay old snoozer titles or play games I don't care about?

And what are you on about AB? You always seem to pull stuff out your ass people never even mentioned.

"Not at all" Want me to replay old snoozer titles or play games I don't care about?

And what are you on about AB? You always seem to pull stuff out your ass people never even mentioned.

Woah mate, no need for the hostility please! :/

I thought you were moaning about the number of betas, so I explained my pitch on them all, but essentially it seems you were just unhappy about the PS3 itself.

My bad.

Then you own the wrong console.

Woah mate, no need for the hostility please! :/

I thought you were moaning about the number of betas, so I explained my pitch on them all, but essentially it seems you were just unhappy about the PS3 itself.

My bad.

Well, I wasn't moaning about the number of betas - Perhaps read what people are saying instead of going on your sales-speech rampages.

Then you own the wrong console.

Yeah, guess I fun AAA titles is not the PS3's strong point.

Well, I wasn't moaning about the number of betas - Perhaps read what people are saying instead of going on your sales-speech rampages.

I said my bad, im sorry, no need to hang me out to dry...

Link this thread then.

What do you mean?

Here's some more on the beta

Just played this beauty for 2.5 hours and I need to go to bed. It's 3:17 in the morning here. However, just wanted to tell you guys (as much as I am allowed to) that this game does not only look good - it's a hell of game! I noticed I kept cranking up the volume because the visuals are so often movie like. Sometimes, when passing through and maybe even sprinting, I instinctively stopped, backed a few steps and took a couple of seconds just to feed my eyes. Regarding gameplay: I had such a blast and so many great gaming moments during this last play. Personally, I knew I was going to buy the game since I llove single player story driven games and because I want to get the next chapter of this gritty sci-fi universe, but even if this only came out multiplayer online only - I would buy it.

Edit: Removed my last paragraph, just to be safe and show GG the respect they deserve. And they'll get my money too, that's for sure!

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p...p;postcount=406

10 minute video but the quality is like camera phone quality :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI4L_XB36Uc

edit: Here's a 7 min video in slightly better quality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clm1Ygk4YE0

New 4 min clip of the beta - http://www.vimeo.com/1822047

Good quality, but lacking in action. More so just a show off of one of the maps.

Graphics/animations look slick though :yes:

The weather/lighting and particles flying around are pretty amazing for the online side of things.

It is superb. I have one or two issues with it, that I can't discuss obviously, but all in all this will be a must have title

Are they going to be updating the closed beta to fix things/add things like Socom?

Or is what you have what you're getting till the public/next updated beta rolls round?

They are updating it as it goes from all accounts, which is superb.

Good news, KZ2 still has quite a few months left to go, so I suspect they'll be able to shape/fix things pretty decently from this/future beta's to keep the gamers happy.

Can't wait for the public beta!

The issues that I (and many others) have, can be easily fixed so we are just waiting on the dev team commenting on it.

Shadow, am I right in saying that you have said that you and Popisdead aren't the same person? If so it's slightly off that you are ALSO a Beta Tester as well??

Back on topic:

Only managed to play this for a couple hours on Friday as I was away in London this weekend and I have to say it is alot of fun and looks stunning. Glad to hear that they will be updating the Beta too, Im hoping for a long length Beta as the game is still 5 months off Release.

For how much is in the beta (3 maps, 5 modes of play & i believe all the classes) it is pretty good for a 459mb file.

Shadow, am I right in saying that you have said that you and Popisdead aren't the same person? If so it's slightly off that you are ALSO a Beta Tester as well??

I am a beta tester, and have been for many years (since PS2 days), why is it so hard to believe that a Sony beta tester would sign up to a games forum? Beta testers for Sony are not thin on the ground.