Killzone 2

Killzone 2, Multiplayer Matches - 80 Minutes of Gameplay

Here we have 8 videos of offline multi-player with 15 bots, each video shows off the maps available for Killzone 2 which last for 10 minutes a map. All bots were played on Normal difficulty, videos were recorded in 720p with HDMI and compressed down to 640?360 due to the HD versions being nearly 900MB/1GB each.

The controls have been left default, while people complaining about the ?lag? with the movement in the demo. In the multi-player it feels quicker paced and not heavy, the cover system has been removed which I find to be better since this will rid the campers.

Classes are still locked due to the servers being unavailable, the most common question I?ve seen these last few weeks is how to identify the Saboteur class.

Three easy ways to spot one, firstly they don?t appear on the radar as a green friendly it will be red, secondly if your unsure if you have spotted one aim at them for a second or two and the cross hair will go from green to red along with their name.

The final one which I find the easiest to spot, look for the glowing marks on the model. If you see a Helghast without the glowing red/orange goggles then he?s a Saboteur or if you see an ISA without the glowing blue armor then he?s a Saboteur.

Now if you know that the majority of the opposite team will be choosing this class opt to go on the Helghast side since the ISA ?Helghast? Saboteur is much easier to spot rather than the other way round.

Videos: http://ve3tro.com/1881/killzone-2-multipla...es-of-gameplay/?

80 minutes!!

This is epic -

World premier of the Killzone 2 soundtrack being played by an orchestra.

This song is played during the intro cinematic of the game.

This is played at Norrlands Operan in Ume?.

Settings - Video Game Orchestra

Check my profile for more videos from this event.

Shows you how much effort goes into some soundtracks, something many people probably skip over.

edit:> 107 pages and the game isn't even out yet:pp Only the LBP thread beats this! I'll make the official topic over the next few days unless anyone else does it before me.

I was thinking about it, but I don't want to take away the fun from you :p

I know you'll be fapping away to the best gifs you can find :p

Nah, I don't want to subject any more people to eyegasms prior to release :p

Also, word on the TV ads

any idea when the Killzone 2 ads are going to start? I know you guys will have it on here first, so tell me I am going to be impressed! Thanks!

Jeff Rubenstein replied on February 15, 2009 at 9:56 am

You will be impressed. We’ll let you see the ad before it starts airing, and you won’t have to wait long.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/02/15/...ad-35/#comments

Word is we might see it tomorrow. Hope it's a decent add, basic and to the point for the simple audiences. No Sony "hey guys we made this on acid" TV spots :p

If any Americans are still waiting on the demo [why don't you have an EU account?] you can get a code in Home tonight.

Warning: Helghast Invasion of Home imminent

In the upcoming (just 12 days away!) Killzone 2, the ISA forces lead an assault of the planet Helghan. But that doesn?t mean the Helghast are on the defensive. In fact, my intel tells me that the Helghast forces are en route to PlayStation Home today.

Fortunately, the Helghast won?t be armed with STA-52 Light Assault Rifles (per se), but with demo codes for Killzone 2.

So if you don?t already have access (by pre-ordering), just jump into Home tonight starting at about 6pm Pacific (9pm Eastern) and keep an eye out for the Helghast soldiers. When you find one, work up the courage and? just ask. If they?ve got any left, they?ll direct message you with the demo key.

Then you can punch that code into the PlayStation Store (upper right corner), download the demo, and repay the Helghan emissary by? invading their planet. Oh well.

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/02/15/...-home-imminent/

I'm still undecided - none of the control systems feel comfortable.

I've still pre-ordered it though because I think the controls will become more comfortable through use.

Or, hopefully, GG will allow custom settings.

Display boxes were out on Game's shelves :cry:

C'mon already!

Games all over ebay now, countries like Hungary/Cyprus all selling it [no, I'm not buying it I want me LE off shopto for ?31.99:pp]

47ECD8DE3DDF4A4CB66A40CCFD956A29.jpg

4D65A50443F443F1926358D0E23A01EE.jpg

910F07DBE3BB43D3B757B7013177EE2E.jpg

There's some rumbling across the messageboards of the date potentially being brought forward to the 20th due to all the leaks.

I would send Sony EU flowers if that happened.
So i followed up on the Rumour of 2/20 release date.

The manager said it was a MISTAKE as 20 is the day they will receive the copy in store.

:/

Still if that's true, Shopto said they will ship copies as soon as they receive them (Y)

Thats when most games arrive, they start preparing them Monday and send them on Tuesday. That is why I got my email from Gameplay today about Street Fighter IV today and how people receive games as early as Wedneday from Shopto with the recorded delivery (Y)

So if we're lucky, we'll have it on the 25th :) Unless you live in an area with a crappy post office :p

Because we all know Germany is going to love KZ2, the game and the fact it's made by the Dutch whom they love, here's how Sony advertised KZ2 on Valentines Day -

:laugh:

Because we all know Germany is going to love KZ2, the game and the fact it's made by the Dutch whom they love, here's how Sony advertised KZ2 on Valentines Day -

:laugh:

Omg.

The Helghast giving the child the rose, and the old woman kissing him, haha, excellent.

And people lolled when I said they liked kittens and cute things, the Helghast are blatantly hopeless romantics.

Showing off how customizable MP is

2heg2zo.jpg

We gotta do some snipers only :rofl: NW Campfest.

Official topic most likely up tomorrow.

That's below average customization options :/

For a console game?

You can do weapon restrictions, friendly fire restrictions, map restrictions, badge [or class] restrictions, game mode restrictions [team deathmatch/warzone/etc], map user limit restrictions, bots on or off for auto balance. Pretty much everything. What else is there?

When creating a custom game, you can set which of the game's eight maps will be in the rotation, which of the five mission types will pop up, the player count, if bots will be present, if enemies show up on the radar or not, if the game will force team balance, and which weapons are allowed to be used. You can also set options for the enabled missions, such as the point limits for Body Count, the time limits for Assassination, and so on. You can also dictate which badges, if any, are allowed to be used. Badges are persistent rewards that players earn over time. This is where the class-based aspect of Killzone 2's online mode comes into play.

Source: http://www.giantbomb.com/news/killzone-2-l...ultiplayer/900/

Edited by Audioboxer

Okay, below average is harsh but it definitely is just standard options you see in just about any FPS games these days, yes, console shooters. Plenty of games also feature extended lists to accommodate gameplay features ( Mixing Hardcore with Regular in Call of Duty etc. ) and some games also features plenty of 'fun' options like headshot only etc.

Everything that's a core part of the multiplayer experience can pretty much be tweaked - More depth than some console MP titles, as I don't know if I've played any games you can completely restrict every single gun used and/or all the MP perks used [KZ2 calls these badges/ribbons]. Even the radar as GiantBomb said can be turned off.

If that's what you call standard, so be it, but there's certainly a lot of console MP titles that don't go that far.

Rainbow Six: Vegas 1 & 2. Call of Duty 4 you can disable perks as well, I believe.

But let's just be happy they didn't do as some developers and seriously gimp custom games (Y) Hopefully they will add more controller templates before release.

Rainbow Six: Vegas 1 & 2. Call of Duty 4 you can disable perks as well, I believe.

But let's just be happy they didn't do as some developers and seriously gimp custom games (Y) Hopefully they will add more controller templates before release.

That's why I am happy :p

I'm getting a top array of customizable options for custom matches, bots, a server list/browser, dedicated servers [confirmed by Guerilla] and a complete in-game clan system with tournament support.

I just hope I don't suck at MP like I do most other console FPS titles :laugh: