Killzone 2

I just hope I don't suck at MP

Me neither, we can't have you go around dragging down the Neowin Pwnage Team X01 :shiftyninja:

Though with all the gloating the last few weeks, I know I'm going to suck major ass with the DS3 :laugh: I won't get used to it.

Me neither, we can't have you go around dragging down the Neowin Pwnage Team X01 :shiftyninja:

Though with all the gloating the last few weeks, I know I'm going to suck major ass with the DS3 :laugh: I won't get used to it.

That's it, whine like a little girl now about the controls, you might as well start using that excuse now before the pwnage begins. :p

Though I am only joking, I'm not very good at FPS's on-line, lol.

^

It's okay Corris, KoL seems to be the PS3 FPS guy - All I ever see him doing is playing R2 :p Time for KoL to pwn the Microsoft forum :shiftyninja:

I don't think we'll be doing it :(

*Awaits Andy coming in to tell us while he hates the DS3, he'll somehow playing magically on it when needed and own everyone! :p*

By the way, you can watch the credits here [not ending, credits] in HD - http://www.taxigamer.com/video.php?id=208&id_game=25675

Not really any spoilers, I watched them. Pretty cool!

I won't whine about the controls, I will however whine about the crappy controller, I'll whine hard! You just wait :p

Damn right you'll whine, whine as your body flings itself to the floor from a bullet to the head. :D:p

^

It's okay Corris, KoL seems to be the PS3 FPS guy - All I ever see him doing is playing R2 :p Time for KoL to pwn the Microsoft forum :shiftyninja:

*Awaits Andy coming in to tell us while he hates the DS3, he'll somehow playing magically on it when needed and own everyone! :p *

Oh I know, the only reason I use these fighting words is because I hope to be on Kol's team at all times, lol.

^

*Awaits Andy coming in to tell us while he hates the DS3, he'll somehow playing magically on it when needed and own everyone! :p*

By the way, you can watch the credits here [not ending, credits] in HD - http://www.taxigamer.com/video.php?id=208&id_game=25675

Not really any spoilers, I watched them. Pretty cool!

Hahaha I'm done with R2 for now. I wanted to get platinum before KZ2 but I realize that I'm not going to get the 10,000 trophy anytime soon.

You know I was going to get the other days a 360 but I didn't get it. I really don't want more consoles and don't want to spend more money on games plus I have a lot of work to do.

Hahaha I'm done with R2 for now. I wanted to get platinum before KZ2 but I realize that I'm not going to get the 10,000 trophy anytime soon.

You know I was going to get the other days a 360 but I didn't get it. I really don't want more consoles and don't want to spend more money on games plus I have a lot of work to do.

This better not be an excuse to lag behind in the KZ2 MP action sir.

I have a lot of work due Wednesday of next week, right before KZ2 - Good timing :)

GG: No changes to Killzone 2 controls

Reports of controller lag input in the Killzone 2 demo resulted in detailed research at Guerrilla Games. They have concluded that no changes need to be made.

There were reports of an odd lag to the controls in Killzone 2, displaying a slight delay to shooting after button press (in one report) and reduced accuracy in others.

Being a proud owner of the final game, I did not experience any of these problems. Instead I could appreciate that Killzone 2 featured weightier controls, with a character who moves and reacts more realistically than say Call of Duty.

Moreover, I had no trouble targeting enemies, achieving headshots with relative ease after fully adjusting to the game's control system.

The game's producer Seb Downie has updated the community on the issue, stating that no alterations will be made:

"After carefully looking into this, reading the posts, talking to a lot of you directly and analysing the controls at GG we have come to the conclusion that there are no changes required to the system.

"If at all, any changes to the controls would put the majority of people who have not had problems or have adapted out of whack, which may be more serious."

Whether the 'problem' was exclusive to the demo, or was rejected altogether we're unsure, but this following comment might shed more light on the issue:

"Killzone 2 is a weighty, slower, more tactical first person experience that focuses on immersion. It is not a twitchy, split-second gun-wielding experience like some shooters."

Some are worried that the weightier controls will negatively impact the multiplayer experience; however, GG have made sure to adjust the controls and animations to suit this experience:

"Also, the online experience is quicker as we've made the controls and animations a little faster during design."

I can further confirm that the multiplayer controls are more sensitive and speedy, allowing you to make quick decisions and perform a full 360-degree turn with ease.

Source: http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/game-types/...036;1270226.htm

This better not be an excuse to lag behind in the KZ2 MP action sir.

I have a lot of work due Wednesday of next week, right before KZ2 - Good timing :)

Hahaha no I'll have time to play KZ2 :D

Killzone.com Live Chat Tomorrow at Noon PST

Hello all!

It?s TJ from the Marketing team (again). We?re at T-minus 10 days until Killzone 2 hits the PLAYSTATION 3 & we figured we?d get you up to speed on Killzone.com.

Last week, Victor Zuylen of Guerrilla Games gave us all a little insight into the world of Killzone.com and showed us how uncovering intel while playing Killzone 2?s single player campaign can extend your experience with the game.

Killzone.com will allow you to view your stats* and those of other players online, connect to compete in tournaments, learn more about the Killzone universe, and much more.

3289219374_8a476866a7.jpg

I?m sure you all have questions about Killzone.com, so Seb ?MotherH? Downie of Guerrilla Games, will be here tomorrow on the PlayStation.Blog to answer your questions in a live chat!

So tune in tomorrow, February 18, 2009 at 12 Noon PST for the PlayStation.Blog?s first ever live chat - you won?t wann* As many of you fans have speculated ?could Killzone.com?s stats-tracking be related to that Helghast Assault Rifle replica?ult Rifle replica?

3288402247_ffd870c160_m.jpg

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/02/17/...ow-at-noGet ready, here comes the Killzone 2 Mobile Training Centre!aining Centre!

KZ2_MP_0003.1.jpg

Sony has just been in touch to tell us about the Killzone 2 Mobile Training Centre. This is your chance to get the jump on the Helghast with some tips and training from masters of the game. It should also give you the edge in online play - so well worth getting to one of the sessions if you can.

Here?s what we?ve been told:

Come face-to-face with the brutal Helghast at the Killzone 2 Mobile Training Centre.

As a skilled member of an ISA squad, you?ll find yourself in the middle of the desperate conflict. Can you survive the Helghast assault and halt the march towards all-out war? Or will you end up being just another faceless casualty in an unmarked grave?

If you?re over 18 and think you have what it takes, join us at the Killzone 2 Mobile Training Centre for briefings, training - and ultimately battle.

Coming soon to Brighton, Birmingham and Manchester. Check back here for more details next week!

For more information on Killzone 2 on PLAYSTATION 3 go to www.killzone.com.

Source: http://threespeech.com/blog/2009/02/get-re...raining-centre/

Co-Op possibility is mentioned here, I dunno how no one picked this up before now [article is from Jan]

Even in the hugely comprehensive multiplayer (which allows a level of customisation rarely seen in a FPS), a high level of visual fidelity was always the aim, with the desire to create something that would be as equally pretty as its single player counterpart. "All the systems were developed with that in the back of our minds," says Angie Smets, Senior Producer. "It was very difficult. It's a balancing act in getting the most out of the hardware and making sure it runs smoothly, and we're very happy with the result."

While this meant sacrificing split screen gameplay, there may be some co-operative modes on the horizon to keep the excitement going. "We're investigating [co-op] now for downloadable content," she smiles. "We're looking at what would be the nicest possible things for downloadable content. We've already started on maps... we're not allowed to talk about anything else unfortunately!"

http://uk.playstation.com/games-media/news...-is-who-we-are/

Live Q&A started on the blog, here's some questions so far... We even get a clan forum :D

Q: Can I set up a clan tournament through Killzone.com?

A: Yes you can! The site has the same functionality as the game in that regard so you can plan your challenges and events from your PC and work on your clan.

Q: Are my stats such as accuracy tracked per weapons or as an overall weapons stat?

A: Yes, all the same stats that are tracked in-game are also tracked on the site. All weapon groups, kill, suicide, team-kill, kick votes ability uses and much more are tracked and you can sort by any of the stats as well as look at them over the past 24 hours, weekly, monthly and All-time.

Q: First off, much respect to Seb and the rest of the awesome, hard-working Guerrilla team!! Back at E3 2007, it was said that just one level in Killzone 2 took up around 2GB of data. Now that the game has gone gold and been put on Blu-ray how much space can you say the game uses up? Is it a 50GB blu-ray disc? Thanks!

A: Well the 2GB thing was because it had to have all the shared assets in one place like character models, weapons and such. The game fits on a 25GB, but anything less would not have been possible.

Q: Could you please elaborate on how the "Valor" trophies work for the online multiplayer? How exactly do you achieve weekly online honor ranks #1 through #4?

A: Right. It is based on the top % of that weeks players. So the top 1% of 100 players might be 1 guy, but if there are 100000 folks playing your chance of getting it are much increased. You will then get a valor rank with a fancy little rank icon on your profile to show you are a top player as well as a trophy to go with it.

We have a pre-game lobby where people can still pick their faction and talk openly. The game then goes to a Spawn-select screen where the factions have been split up and you talk among the faction to discuss tactics, can set up your squads and your characters before going in-game.

Q: Will the multiplayer use the cover system or is it more run and gun? If there's no cover system will it be useful to change the controls?

A: There is no cover system in MP. We found, through playtesting that it did not work in the 360 degree combat environment of online and people found it faster and easier to simply crouch and duck and wee in fact working against the system, so we took it out. Will continue to explore this though. We have a crouch toggle in MP as well. As for changing the controls...that's up to you guys to find what works for you.

Q: Will guerrilla be hosting any tournaments through killzone.com?

A: Absolutely. Clans can set up their own tournaments for up to 64 clans, but we'll be setting up "official" tournaments of up to 256 clans. Thats potentially 4098 players in one tournament (if I got my maths right there). All the functionality of the game is mirrored on the site with a couple of additional features and stats that are not tracked in-game.

Q: What is the basic differences of Killzone 2 multiplayer playability for another rivals as COD4 and Counter Strike?

A: Well our unique mode is Warzone. Usually a game is only Deathmatch, or Capture the Flag. We throw all the game modes in there and they play off one by one randomnly so the game changes every few minutes and teams have to change their tactics and concentrate on other areas of a map. If you want you can of course play big long Bodycount only games (our version of Team Deathmatch). It's all customizable.

Q: Will clans have their own forums on killzone.com?

A: Every clan will have their own clan page with their stats, members, recent games and yes, there will be a clan forum.

Q: If you lose all your Clan points, it is possible to regain any since you will not have any to bet?

A: Yes, but taking part in 'free' tournaments where the prize is valor. So Tournaments where you don't have to put in your own valor to take part. The tournaments where there is a entry fee will of course yield bigger winnings. But would you want to be in a clan with no points? That would be a bit sad, no?

Q: Will you be able to get experience points in customizable games? Because in Resistance 2 you can't.

A: Absolutely. As long as you are playing against other human players (not only bots) and complete games you will achieve points for your rank. That is of course if you can actually kill anything. If you keep catching rockets with your face I can't help you.

Q: About how many kills do you need to get the next badge in each class?

A: It's more about mission points, rather than kills, but each rank the required points start going higher. 100 points for the top rank. And then we start increasing with each rank. 2800 for the top clan, but the game does by no means end there. You'll need to play with each character class, what we call badges and use the abilities to upgrade each Badge to unlock the secondary ability and upgrades.

Q: So what is your favorite Belgian beer Seb? I really like me some Chimay.

A: Chimay is not bad. Drinking Jupiler right now, but I recently found a bad boy called Gouden Draag (Golden Dragon). Stuff is like amber nectar, but you wake up with no pants in a prison cell. Allegedly.

Q: What other modes are included in "Warzone" and what do you have to do in each?

A: Bodycount = Team Deathmatch

Assassination = Defend or kill a randomnly selected target from a faction. Great fun

Search and Retrieve = A propaganda speaker is dropped in the map and you have to bring it back to the enemy territory drop-off point.

Capture and Hold = Defend flags for spawn-points

Search And Destroy = Defend or Attack an enemy fortification and plant a C4 to blow it up.

Assassination and S&D are played twice in a Warzone. So both factions get to attack/defend

Q: Seb, it's obvious that GG paid attention to the comments in the beta, and the changes are all for the better as far as I've seen. Where's the best place to post comments etc regarding issues within the game so that they'll be seen by the right people?

A: Well I've been on PSU for 4 years now, reading your feedback on all the games, but we'll be on www.killzone.com as much as we can and will continue to talk, listen and learn from you guys to help us make better games.

Q: In terms of stat tracking, will I be able to look through every game I've played? Bungie.com does this with Halo 3 and I've always wondered why more games didn't do that.

A: We have a couple of secrets still to announce which will cover your question, so I'll leave that one open til the new version of the site goes live.

Q: So, how does the in-game Killzone.com support work exactly?

A: We will have a PS3 compatible site too, but the site is primarily designed for being able to access your clan when you are not at home, infront of your PS3. If you are on your PS3 you might as well go into the game.

Q: Can you setup Clans before the 27th on www.killzone.com ??

A: No. A player has to be a Sergeant to be able to create a clan and thus have to play first. So you wont be able to create a clan yourselves just yet.

Q: Do we have the option to play a "NO HUD" mode in MP? Similar to Call of Duty's "HARDCORE" mode. I like playing without cross-hairs. It "FEELS" more "REAL".

A: You can switch off your own HUD, but not for the other players. This is something we can maybe still implement though after release. I personally always liked that idea myself. Anyway, we'll listen to ideas and suggestions and if we can easily implement them in future patches we'll consider it.

^

No HUD for MP, do it Sethos :p I hope they patch a No-HUD mode globally for MP matches so a custom game could force it upon everyone.

For those too lazy to read text, here is a new video interview on multiplayer

Killzone 2: Q&A session

We caught up with Steven ter Heide (Senior Producer) and Eric Boltjes (Senior Online Designer) from Guerilla Games at Sony's offices in Auckland yesterday, and put a few questions to them regarding the multiplayer component of Killzone 2.

http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/features/13287...-2-Q-A-session/

Like the sound of MP No-HUD - Except I would be gimping myself by removing the crosshair ... Hmmm

I'm guessing it's probably the same options as single player meaning I think you can keep the crosshair.

If they patch it in as a customizable option for custom games, I hope it's both as well - So you can toggle Hud/crosshair independently.

4j8xz.jpg

killzone 2 for xbox 360 2,470,000 results?

google fail :rofl:

In that case I will definitely turn off the rest of the HUD. That is actually a brilliant feature (Y)

Do you think that will help you online but?

Probably won't help, won't be a major disadvantage either. I just like a clean 'screen' and using my instincts on when to reload etc. I tend to stare a lot at the HUD in games and it takes away my focus from the game.

Probably won't help, won't be a major disadvantage either. I just like a clean 'screen' and using my instincts on when to reload etc. I tend to stare a lot at the HUD in games and it takes away my focus from the game.

I wonder if it will remove the map but? If so, you'd be totally relying on coms?

I might give it a shot, but i'll probably suck even more - I'd happily do it though if it was forced upon everyone in a custom match.

I wonder if it will remove the map but?

Good question, though I won't mind that either - The map is also one of those HUD features which takes away focus. I remember in CoD 4 regular mode, I just kept staring at the map and sometimes that would get me killed. So I'd rather rely on my eyes and ears for the kills :shiftyninja:

4j8xz.jpg killzone 2 for xbox 360 2,470,000 results? google fail :rofl: Do you think that will help you online but?

Lol.

I have a friend who only has a 360 and only plays CoD games that said he was going to download the Killzne 2 demo a week ago.

I looked at him puzzled and asked if he had a Ps3, he said no, which I knew, and I told him Killzone2 was only on the Ps3.

His smile turned into a frown, lol, and I could see the guy behind the Game counter smiling to himself and laughing to himself as my friend walked away displeased.

We were waiting for a frind who was trying to balance his weight and te full GHWT set he just bought for ?150, crazy spending, lol.