[Official] LittleBigPlanet: Play, Create, Share!

Rumours say that the fearsome Davy Jones and his mighty Kraken have come to LittleBigPlanet to wreak havoc and claim some sack folk to serve as Davy's Crew. Once again, it's going to fall to Sackboy to locate the only ship on LittleBigPlanet that has any chance of sending him back to the bottom of the sea.

Head deep into the Caribbean to battle The East India Trading Company and Pirates alike, find the legendary ship and take on the Kraken. This new kit features a set of six swashbuckling levels, each containing a treasure trove of stickers, decorations, materials, music objects and brand new trophies.

potc-announce.jpg

Head deep into the Caribbean to battle The East India Trading Company and Pirates alike, find the legendary ship and take on the Kraken. This new kit features a set of six swashbuckling levels, each containing a treasure trove of stickers, decorations, materials, music objects and brand new trophies.

But that's not all! the Pirates of the Caribbean kit adds a brand new gameplay feature: WATER! Both as a playable feature, and giving you the ability to to add water to your own levels using all new switches and objects.

The Pirates of the Caribbean Premium Level Kit and matching Costume kit based on Disney's blockbuster movie series will sail into port on December 22nd, just in time for Christmas!

So weigh Anchors and hoist the mainsail, we're setting sail for the Caribbean!

Link to official announcement, includes details of all costumes, prices, screenshots and wallpapers!

Level pack contents:

* New Gameplay features for Create: Water ? Global Water Object, Scuba Gear, Bubble Machine, Water Switch

* 5 Brand new Pirates of the Caribbean themed Levels

* 1 New costume: The Cannibal: Leg Bands, Teeth, Nose Decoration, Hair, Loincloth, Skin

* 4 new music tracks

* A new level background

* 8 Materials

* 14 Decorations

* 27 Objects

* 133 Stickers

* 11 brand new PlayStation? Trophies

Costume pack contents:

* Sack Sparrow: Boots, Moustache, Sword, Hair, Shirt, Skin

* Elizabeth Swann: Boots, Hat, Hair, Coat

* Barbossa: Boots, Moustache, Hands, Hat, Hair, Trousers, Coat

* Davy Jones: Hands, Head, Coat, Trousers

* Will Turner: Boots, Moustache, Hair, Trousers, Coat

* Tia Dalma: Hair, Outfit, Dress, Skin

The only way to play with water is to buy this DLC? :(

No, water is available to everyone.

Only way to create water levels is to buy the DLC.

No, water is available to everyone.

Only way to create water levels is to buy the DLC.

What that does not make sense, its available to everyone but you can't create levels with it. Does this mean we can't use water then if don't buy the DLC which has the only water levels?

What that does not make sense, its available to everyone but you can't create levels with it. Does this mean we can't use water then if don't buy the DLC which has the only water levels?

I got myself a bit confused, water is free to everyone to use and create, what I meant to say was you can't use the Pirates of the Caribbean levels with water without buying them.

the level pack allows you to create levels with water in it. if you don't buy the level pack, you can freely play other user created levels that have water in it

this isnt any different than the MGS level pack. you could freely play user created lvls with the paint gun, you just couldnt publish your own paint gun lvls without buying

the level pack allows you to create levels with water in it. if you don't buy the level pack, you can freely play other user created levels that have water in it

this isnt any different than the MGS level pack. you could freely play user created lvls with the paint gun, you just couldnt publish your own paint gun lvls without buying

Well in fact this is what I meant to say,

But from what I've heard Spyder water is going to be free for everyone to play on AND create with. However I may be wrong. Either way .KICK what Spyder just said is the likely scenario, the same way it worked with the MGS4 DLC.

\

But from what I've heard Spyder water is going to be free for everyone to play on AND create with. However I may be wrong. Either way .KICK what Spyder just said is the likely scenario, the same way it worked with the MGS4 DLC.

cool. i'm guessing as well but it would make sense to me that it would be similar to the MGS pack. if its free to create with that'd rock. i guess we'll have to wait a few days to see for sure!

/edit... actually, just checked their site and found this link http://littlebigplanet.com/en-us/help/faq/...ter_to_my_level

Once you have purchased, downloaded and installed the Pirates of the Caribbean Premium Level Kit, you will be able to add water to your levels in Create Mode.

so yea.. free to play user created levels with water but need to buy Pirates level kit to create your own water levels

I sincerely hope so, as it was my understanding that is what they promised all along. I have no interest in POTC at all.

You'll always be able to play user generated levels with water.

In fact if you have a friend with the DLC they can even invite you into it and you can play with them, I just don't think you get trophies.

That is why when the patch for the DLC comes about, EVERYONE downloads it.

I sincerely hope so, as it was my understanding that is what they promised all along. I have no interest in POTC at all.

You say that like you have interest in LBP.

So no one buy PoTC pack? LOL.

I admit I only played the first level have so much going on just now but the water is awesome, community levels from it are going to kick ass.

And there's something I find funny about playing as Altair through a pirate themed world :p I do have the Jack Sparrow costume which is really well done also, but the Altair one is so bad ass.

So the costume pack is not included in the premium level pack? Oy... pricey for both.

There's costume items in the level pack, but the main character ones, no.

Was the same for MGS4 DLC, you could get one of the soldiers costumes in the DLC, but not Snake/Meryl etc.

Debating... is it worth the cost of both? Need a honest review AB. ;)

You can buy the costume pack as a collection which saves a wee bit of money, or individually, I just wanted the Jack Sparrow outfit so I only bought it.

You don't need the costumes to enjoy the levels, I just like them and because I normally buy everything off the UK PSN store but have to buy $20 cards for LBP as my copy is American not much else I can spend the money on. I bought LBP DLC, some costumes and FF8.

And there's something I find funny about playing as Altair Ezio through a pirate themed world :p I do have the Jack Sparrow costume which is really well done also, but the Altair Ezio one is so bad ass.