[Official] LittleBigPlanet: Play, Create, Share!

Sorry about the ?ber suckage yesterday, AB. I was laughing my ass off over the randomness of the game and could barely hold the controller:rofl::

I did have quite a few connection problems, in one of the maps it said you left:((

Tis awesome!

on level percentages, i have...

100% on level 1

94% on level 2

98% on level 3

so i must have missed one or two items in the last two somewhere.

Yeah there's 2 items I cannot find on level 2 to save myself.

I have about 96% on level 3 I think - I know I'm missing the key at the end on the skateboard run, I tried getting it one last time and missed last night.

Played around in edit mode for about 30 mins before bed, it's crazy! Working my way through the tutorials!

Sorry about the ?ber suckage yesterday, AB. I was laughing my ass off over the randomness of the game and could barely hold the controller:rofl::

I did have quite a few connection problems, in one of the maps it said you left:((

Yeah it takes a while to get used to.

I'd say there is a small to medium learning curve to get the hang of the jumping, and the 3 level ground thing.

I lagged a bit as well, not too much though.

The user created levels are pretty poor/average right now, I hope they get better.

One thing I've noticed though, is I think the user created levels we can play are limited to our beta community only - Because Alex Evans has shown off far more impressive created levels in the internal beta over the last "x" amount of months.

I hope they open up all the levels to us before the beta closes and/or people start making better levels:pp

(It may be something to do with the fact I think our beta is limited to the amount of tools/stickers/objects we can use, where as the internal beta probably has access to everything)

Edited by Audioboxer

Never got into the beta? Check out the awesome intro here

LBP beta movie - The intro, tutorial and first level

Didn?t get a key? Never fear: this is almost as good. After the break you?ll find a movie of the first 14 minutes of play from the LittleBigPlanet beta, including the opening sequence, the tutorial - narrated by Stephen Fry - and the run-through of the first level.

SCEE put its beta live tonight, with demand crushing Eurogamer as the PS3 faithful tried to get one of 5,800 keys for the test.

Watch it. Sorry about the quality. We?re getting a capture card very soon, so it?ll be direct-feed all the way from there on in.

Video: http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/09/23/l...nd-first-level/

Some interesting comments from MM themselves,

(bolded the interesting comments - especially one for all the demo/beta comments :p)

Welcome to the beta!

A super exciting thing happened today! The beta trial went live to thousands of people, mainly via eurogamer.net. In fact, I believe you all briefly brought down their site! WOWZERS! At the moment the feeling in the office is somewhere between unbounded excitement and mild panic - personally I think I?m losing my mind (in a good way!) Had to bash out a few songs on our newly acquired office copy of rockband just to de-stress while the beta downloaded in the background! just had our first few playthroughs with some of you people and with some of the levels that have been published.

What AMAZES me is how good the first ?sketches? of levels are. it took our testers at least a few weeks of heavy create before incredible levels started appearing. and now something cool for you all to think about: you?ve only seen the first 3 leRemember, this is a *beta* to test our servers, NOT a demo. Can?t stress that enough! ! So, what?s is so cool for us to see, is that you haven?t even seen the amazing story mode yet, which serves as inspiration, and yet the levels going up are already interesting. I can?t wait to see what y?all do when you see the full game, and start cranAlso, since it?s a beta, it?s already quite an old build. We have some cool new stuff that?s been in our private test for a few days, I won?t give it all away but there are things cooking such as 5-star ratings, (much) better performance and less lagginess, better online stability, better UI for publishing, faster downloads?. so in a way playing this version is simultaneously exciting and an odd throwback to a couple of weeks ago.o a couple of weeks ago.

Finally, to everyone who has supported the game, played the game, left comments, posted levels, and really got into the spirit of LBP, understood it, and well, enjoyed it, it makes me incredibly proud! Thanks for all comments and constructive feedback, we?re listening and we already have *stacks* of stuff lined up for the beta, and the full release. If you liked the first 3 story levels, the other 50 odd leve:) are going to blow you away :) HOORAY! I AM SO EXCFINALLY PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT BETA KEYS:NNOUNCEMENT ABOUT BETA KEYS:

PS sorry but beta keys and their distribution are actually entirely in the hands of Sony. MM have no control over this, so we can?t help if anyone wants to get on the beta trial, I am certain (100%) there are more keys coming SOON but we?d recommend checking the playstation forums and all the usual places for news. In fact, even MM hasn?t received our own full set of keys yet - we?ve only got about 10 between us all so far! (ok so we can play the game anyway, but, y?know, in case it makes you feel better!)

Source: http://www.mediamolecule.com/2008/09/23/welcome-to-the-beta/

I do wonder if it means we might see our beta build updated? (in relation to the comment stating our build wasn't the newest)

Quick tip: I was able to go into settings, then display settings, then nudge "screen size" down 1 or 2 slots to get more screen real estate - It done it and the picture still fitted my whole TV screen.

Got by Beta key from the Beta Team just now, downloading it!

Same beta as us or is yours different (like a more up to date internal beta?)

I'm asking as you seem to have got a key by a different method.

Does this Beta feature local multiplayer?

I actually have no idea!

Maybe try syncing up a 2nd controller and see what happens?

Does this Beta feature local multiplayer?

Yes, I'm pretty sure all four players can be done through local multiplayer.

And each player can be linked to a certain account on the PS3 too, like Xbox360 does when you have multiplayer games.

some objects are in rather hidden places, only got 84% on level 2 ><

Tell me about it.

I'm on like 96% on level 2.

I've been through it god knows how many times and I can't find the last two items* :(

(*If you push square, "more info", on the level in the pod then scroll through the details, there's a part that shows you what items you have and what you're missing!)

Parsons? LittleBigPlanet Levels ?Blow Away? Media Moleculele

You may have stayed up a bit late last weekend ? but not like 150 or so students at Parsons The New School for Design did. That?s how many talented/lucky/dedicated people participated in the 24-hour LittleBigPlanet GameJam.

The goal: produce the best level in that short amount of time.

The results: awesome enough to surprise even the Media Molecule representatives who were on-hand to help judge the results.

I spoke with MM?s Kareem Ettouney and Kenny Young shortly after the presentations. Pay close attention to their excitement ? if levels this good can be made in 24 hours, imagine what you gamers will do in a week.

We?ll have the winners (Team Good Sportsmanship) back on the blog soon to share their LittleBigExperience, and best of all ? you?ll be able to play all these levels once the game hits stores October 21.

Video: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/09/24/...media-molecule/

Well worth checking out t:) video above! :)

Everyone keep your eyes peeled!

How do I join the beta?

Several thousand invitations are in the process of being sent out today by email. If you do not receive an email from SCE today, you will also be able to sign up over the next 5 days on a variety of popular gaming sites. I cannot name the sites here, however the LittleBigPlanet News Site will be giving out more details tomorrow. If any further places to sign up are made available I'll update this thread again.

Taken from - http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstatio...ding&page=1

Wooohoooo 2 Day Ban LIFTED!!

Any way, LBP Beta is sweet! If anyone needs a code I have a spare one (got one from EG and used that, now I got one from the Beta Team).

I love this game, although I totally suck at creating levels, I watched the tutorials and then i forget things, like how to stick things in the air? When you exit your little pigot tool it all comes crashing down :(

We need a 4 player Neowin game later!!

However I am currently backing up my PS3 (as my 320GB HDD arrived today) and that says its gonna take 54 minutes to do so!

Any way, LBP Beta is sweet! If anyone needs a code I have a spare one (got one from EG and used that, now I got one from the Beta Team).

I love this game, although I totally suck at creating levels, I watched the tutorials and then i forget things, like how to stick things in the air? When you exit your little pigot tool it all comes crashing down :(

However I am currently backing up my PS3 (as my 320GB HDD arrived today) and that says its gonna take 54 minutes to do so!

I think you have to stick a bolt on them and they stay in mid-air!

I'd need to check but, and I ain't in front of my own PS3/PC just now.

Supposedly there is a rick roll level called "TheNextBigThing", go check it out for me someone, I can't right now :p

Pleaaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeeee please please please pleaseeeeee can I use the other code?!

Also has anyone tried using voice chat while in co-op mode? Works well? Easy to setup?

Edited by Jay C

Beta Keys if anyone is interested can be found here: (Follow instructions).

From this moment, MeriStation divided between readers and for free, 1,250 codes for download via PSN beta of Little Big Planet, one of the most anticipated titles for the PlayStation 3 this Christmas. The action is totally free, via email, and will end when the keys are exhausted, will be distributed in strict order of arrival. Registration is as simple as sending an email to concurso@meristation.com indicating only on the subject "Beta MeriStation Little Big Planet" without quotation marks. Starting tomorrow at 08:00 the system will forward a key the same direction that may be made to the PSN, starting the download. It only allows a password by email. The beta of Little Big Planet will be open until the next day on October 12, at which point we will stop working. Only the first 1250 will have code.

Source

Quick tip: I was able to go into settings, then display settings, then nudge "screen size" down 1 or 2 slots to get more screen real estate - It done it and the picture still fitted my whole TV screen.

I am SO glad they have that option.

Pleaaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeeee please please please pleaseeeeee can I use the other code?!

Also has anyone tried using voice chat while in co-op mode? Works well? Easy to setup?

Sorry some one already PM'd me and had it :(

This game is so cool! played through level 1 last night and got 100% played through level 2 and got about 36% i think!! it was late though hehehe cant wait to steel the TV tonight! need to play more little big planet

This game is so cool! played through level 1 last night and got 100% played through level 2 and got about 36% i think!! it was late though hehehe cant wait to steel the TV tonight! need to play more little big planet

i got 25% on my first go lol, still stuck on 84% there's a mushroom object thing that i cant reach and i have no idea how to get it :/

edit: up to 96% now :D

Edited by Mike