[Official] LittleBigPlanet: Play, Create, Share!

Media Molecule: LittleBigPlanet BETA based on quite an old build

Media Molecule have said that the BETA version of LittleBigPlanet currently underway is based on "quite an old build". They say that they have some cool new stuff that?s been in their private test for a few days which will improve the game such as less lagginess and better online stability.

Media Molecule also seemed to apologize for Sony's decision to give 5,800 beta keys to only Eurogamer saying that the distribution of the keys is entirely in the hands of Sony. Media Molecule say that there are more keys coming SOON.

To quote: What AMAZES me is how good the first ?sketches? of levels are. it took our testers at least a few weeks of heavy create before incredible levels started appearing. and now something cool for you all to think about: you?ve only seen the first 3 levels :smileyhappy:

Remember, this is a *beta* to test our servers, NOT a demo. Can?t stress that enough! So, what?s is so cool for us to see, is that you haven?t even seen the amazing story mode yet, which serves as inspiration, and yet the levels going up are already interesting. I can?t wait to see what y?all do when you see the full game, and start cranking out levels.

Also, since it?s a beta, it?s already quite an old build. We have some cool new stuff that?s been in our private test for a few days, I won?t give it all away but there are things cooking such as 5-star ratings, (much) better performance and less lagginess, better online stability, better UI for publishing, faster downloads... so in a way playing this version is simultaneously exciting and an odd throwback to a couple of weeks ago.

Finally, to everyone who has supported the game, played the game, left comments, posted levels, and really got into the spirit of LBP, understood it, and well, enjoyed it, it makes me incredibly proud! Thanks for all comments and constructive feedback, we?re listening and we already have *stacks* of stuff lined up for the beta, and the full release. If you liked the first 3 story levels, the other 50 odd levels are going to blow you away :smileyhappy: HOORAY! I AM SO EXCITED!

ok I?ll stop now.

FINALLY PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT BETA KEYS:

PS: sorry but beta keys and their distribution are actually entirely in the hands of Sony. MM have no control over this, so we can?t help if anyone wants to get on the beta trial, I am certain (100%) there are more keys coming SOON but we?d recommend checking the playstation forums and all the usual places for news.

In fact, even MM hasn?t received our own full set of keys yet - we?ve only got about 10 between us all so far! (ok so we can play the game anyway, but, y?know, in case it makes you feel better!) "

More keys coming and this build isn't even a recent build! Great news! If it's better than what it is now, happy, happy days!

Shocking news of the day..

Official PS mag give LBP a 6/10 and say massively annoying bugs ruin the game.

I highly doubt that, the Official Playstation Mag. not handing out 10's to PS3 exclusives?

Got a link to the review?

No, it's a magazine. Sorry.

They say it's buggy but from playing the demo/beta I can't see it.

I highly doubt that, the Official Playstation Mag. not handing out 10's to PS3 exclusives?

Hi, I have the magazine in front of me. Why would I lie?

Why the hell would the Official Mag. 'review' a Beta-Demo and give it a score?!

The game has gone gold.

Give me a minute here, seems my brother is being a fool and winding me up. I think it's Fracture with the 6....

I'll be back, and I'll get a picture to prove it either way.

EDIT - I can#t get a picture, but please accept my apologies. If I can get a picture of my beaten up brother, I'll post that.

Edited by ShadowMoses

Clear it up one time please.

Go to the page with the LittleBigPlanet review.

Make sure it says LittleBigPlanet.

Find the score.

Check the top of the page one more time to see if its still LBP.

Read the score.

Post score on Neowin.

Audioboxer to the rescue! :p

LBP "In a league of its own," says OPSM

Official PlayStation Magazine awards LittleBigPlanet top marks

The first LittleBigPlanet review is in and the Official PlayStation Magazine has given Media Molecule's masterpiece full marks.

The review talks, and praises to no-end, the creativity that's possible in the game. Something we're loving ourselves in the beta at the moment.

"The limitless creative potential contained within LittleBigPlanet means you'll be scribbling level designs on the back of your hand so you don't forget them. Or breaking off, mid-conversation, to stare blankly into space as the penny drops on how to make a rampaging robot. A big one.

"Materials have physical properties and react believably to gravity and other objects. Felt is soft, polystyrene is light, rubber grips (making it great for wheels) and glass is slippery."

The review continues: "The golden moment is when you realise how you can link these simple parts together to create something amazing. It's as if a mist clears to reveal infinite possibility."

The review also clears up two of the biggest concerns about MM's game. First, it's not hard to make good stuff. "Don't be scared if you think it sounds like hard work. LBP's masterstroke is to make this creative world accessible to anyone, at any level."

And secondly, you need not make anything to get your money's worth. "This story mode alone is reason enough to buy LBP ... The quality is flawless. The beautiful levels mix action, challenge and wonder in a way that makes plenty of 'real' cough nervously and look sheepishly at their feet."

Slapping the game with a 10/10, the review thus summarises: "It's in a league of its own and an experience that anyone with a PS3 would have to have a sack for brains to miss out on."

We love it too, and will have LOADS of videos for you the moment Sony takes off the embargo shackles (on October 14).

Meanwhile the full OPSM-UK review can be read in issue 24 of the mag, in subscribers' hands now.

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=198005

Scans whenever I can find them for those too cheap to pickup the mag!

Also beta heads up

LittleBigPlanet: Public Beta Madness!

As you may or may not have heard, the burning question recently has been - ?HOW THE HECK DO I GET ON THE LITTLEBIGPLANET PUBLIC BETA!?!??

Some of our friends in Europe found out this week and are still recovering. If you have been frequenting sites like GameInformer.com, GamePro, and GameSpot you might have scored a key already or are waiting to hear back. Even our friends at G4 are in the mix.

Where will this elusive beta strike next?

If I were a betting man, (and I am) I?d say it would be sure to hit more of your favorite gaming sites in the next few days. I?d be looking for sites that have been covering games for years. Staking out passionate gaming communities or locations online where you can view the latest gaming videos. Of course I would be surprised if the Public Beta didn?t show up in places where you?d expect to get all the latest LBP info and updates.

All I can say is we are super happy to give some of you a chance to get a sneak peak at what LittleBigPlanet is all about. I have officially stopped doing office work for the next few weeks in anticipation of all the levels you all are going to make. (I?m going to be too busy playing and building.) If you are one of the lucky ones who score a key, thank you in advance for participating and helping us get our servers ready for our launch on October 21st!

Be sure to refer to the details below once you get your Beta key. Good luck to all and happy hunting!

ps- Quick question, I know we announced all the cool pre-order goodies already but I?m wondering which one you are all going for?.let?s say we have an on-going bet in the office. (Told you I was a betting man.)

Please note the following instructions below which will help you install the Public Beta voucher:

1) Public Beta Ends October 11th, 2008

2) You must use a consumer PLAYSTATION? 3 system that is connected to the internet.

3) You must have a PLAYSTATION?Network Account.

4) If you have previously redeemed a LBP voucher code, you must delete any old LBP data (along with save data and game data) and download this version

(go to Download History and redownload the new code).

5) This version does not require a DNS redirect and levels created here will be available for consumers at launch of the full title.

6) Please refrain from creating anything inappropriate, as we do have moderation in place and it may result in your account being suspended or banned.

Downloading the LittleBigPlanet Public Beta.

After you have signed in with your PLAYSTATION Network Account, select [Account Management] on the XMB interface located under the ?PLAYSTATION Network? tab, then select [Transaction Management] and click on the option ?Redeem PLAYSTATION Network Card or Promotion Code?. Enter the following unique code to start the download of LittleBigPlanet.

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/09/26/...c-beta-madness/

Thanks for the article on the review AB. Was to be expected though, but still doesn't take anything away from the fact that so many people think it is worth a 10/10 score.

I'm not even going to try to get into the beta anymore. Just going to wait for my pre-order to ship and then it'll be non-stop creating madness from there onwards!